UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mutterings

merledogs

You can't get the battery off mine without first removing the seat - though admittedly thats a 5 second job and no way to lock the seat in place. I am considering a bicycle type lock and an possibly an alarm as well. Managed to get it into my Yaris but theres only then room for me and 1 passenger, with the C Max we went out to test it and had it broken down all on the back seats with Baddie in the boot and that worked OK if we go out without Baddie then it will go in the boot easily. Amazed at how quick it comes apart and goes back together and even though I did buy a slightly larger than average boot scooter I could manage it on my own.

I think Baddie quite enjoyed me having it as we went over the barrage and rather than it being a slow walk with lots of standing round waiting for mum to take a break he was able to trot along and Rob was able to walk at his usual pace rather than having to slow down for me.

Up at stupid o'clock with Archie who has acid reflux poor boy. 2 doses of medicine later and he seems to be settling. He's tucked into my side here in bed & the gurglings from his tummy are now few and far between. The fact that he's relaxed also shows me he's recovering. He gets very wound up over if. He's a dog who just can't stand anything being wrong with him.

I'm now wide awake though really tired. I'm supping tea & hope I'll fall asleep after it for a couple of hours or so.

Hope you got some sleep. I slept right through for the first time since I moved, otherwise I would have been around for a chat.

We had a very busy day. Friends came to do gates and fences, then we went tracking from late morning until tea time. Then we came back and helped them finish off. The garden is now secure with nice gates. Funny how people get rid of pretty wrought iron gates which are so easily refurbished. Wispa is delighted that she can now race around freely.

Hoping to have a quiet day at home, just doing a bit of shopping in the village.

Hope Archie stays settled.

I appear to have given up smoking. Ran out of cigarettes so got out the e-cigarette I'd bought a while ago and haven't had a cigarette for a few days. Not really fancied one either. Will use the e-cig for a bit and hopefully ultimately give that up as well.

• Like 1

I've cleaned the inside of the car. One of my least favourite jobs. Am hoping that the garage washes the car for me after they've serviced it. I think they (main dealer) are supposed to wash your car whenever you have it in for any work, but they've not washed mine the two times I've had it in. Someone let slip last time that they were supposed to wash the cars but it was clear that they'd just waved a hosepipe in the general direction of mine, so I will be reminding them nicely this time.

• Like 1

Yes Merledogs, your car is supposed to be valeted each time it is in for work...not just a wash but hoovered too

Congrats on the stopping smoking, hopefully you will get off the ecig too...they just swap one addiction for another really, i went from 60 a day and stopped in 2003

Jazz, hope the tv is ok

Owl, pleased to hear you now have gates and fencing

Thanks for the comments about the video...i was quite pleased with them

Great vids griff, I love seeing dogs running free having lots of fun.

I ran the palace half today, it was quite pleasant! I ran with a friend so made it a nice morning. However have to attach the housework this afternoon and I CBA'd!!

Well done on the smoking Merle. But step away from the plants with the new money you'll have!! xx

• Like 1