UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mutterings

merledogs

Moaning :tired:

Hope your nedache has gone Marion :flowers:

Griff - try Costco if you can - they normally have some lovely large planters this time of the year and less than half the price you'd pay for the same size planters anywhere else. That's if you could get them elsewhere, which you can't :flowers:

Headache has eased thank dawg - and thanks Alex

Wish we had a Costco here. I'd never be out of it.

I'm going to Scaryport, oops I mean Maryport, with my neighbour today. Our dentist has closed the branch we both used to go too so we have to go to Maryport now. She wasn't sure how to find the practice and as I know where it is I said I'd go with her. It will give me a chance to go into the library there, which is right around the corner, and check their old newspapers on microfiche for reports on my the deaths of my 2x great grandfather and 3x great grandfather both of whom died whilst driving trains. Keep your fingers crossed that if there is a report it will state where in Ireland my 3xg grandfather came from rather than the various census reports which merely state "Ireland" :rolleyes:

That's brill griff - I always love the first spring walk without a coat :biggrin:

No coat needed here :wink: (sorry)

65E0D04A-7C84-4A71-A730-359035EF11B3.jpg

It rained for most of the day yesterday - there were a few hours between showers, but it was pretty rubbish. This morning it was hammering it down till about 8.30, then the sun came out :biggrin: It's amazing here - the hotel even has a butler service :laugh: going whale watching on Thursday :)

• Like 3

Really not good here at the moment, my soul baby Ashley who is now 13 and a half has had a reoccurrence of the mast cell tumour she had removed December 2014. It is very fast growing on her back leg just under her knee, there isn't enough skin to sew up after they remove it even without margins, her back end is very wobbly with her arthritis already so she won't cope with the leg being removed. She is going in for surgery tomorrow and I have the gut wrenching feeling that she won't be coming home. I am in bits and not coping at all I adopted Ashley at 5 weeks old after finally escaping 16 years of an extreme domestic violence marriage - she has been pivotal in my life and some days she has been the only thing that kept me going, she has been by my side for 13 years and is my sole confidante, she sleeps in my bed with me and never leaves my side. I'm so scared.

Shame about the microfiche... Will you go another day

I'm there in early May for my own dentist appt. I might pop in as the library is so close to the dentists. I would be better going to the main records place in Carlisle though as I can research ALL the Cumberland newspapers there.