UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mutterings

merledogs

Lily's been to the vet. She's at the same weight as she was previously, so that's good. Hasn't gained any, which isn't great but she's a little madam when it comes to taking her tablets. I'm sure she hides them in her cheek and spits them out when I'm not looking cos I find the odd one which hasn't gone far enough back into her throat. Timmy didn't get seen because the vet didn't have time to do his scan and could only do it by admitting him, which I wasn't going to do. Will rearrange.

I went into their shop to get some renal food - they wanted £2.80 per tin, so I have ordered some other stuff off zooplus.

Edited by merledogs

Just had a message from mum telling me that I should move back into theirs for their holiday with Walter and Jessie. This won't work because they scratch my sofa (not loads though) and mum and dad have a leather sofa (and dad is very precious about it), so there's no way Walter and Jessie could live there. Plus it won't change the fact that Ted will be left for over 12 hours a day. She also told me not to put any holiday stuff on Facebook as it annoys my dad. I told her that if he doesn't like it, he can unfollow me or unfriend me. I also pointed out that he refused to look at the screen when I face timed mum when I was away, so he clearly has some issue with me. I sent her the link to the site and she told me that there would be nobody who would want to deal with a slightly incontinent dog. Am tempted to just get him re vaccinated and book him into kennels. He's never been in kennels before, so am not sure how he would react - guess a trial night would be a good idea.

Merledogs, there is a great little gadget that you can give tablets with, you fill the syringe with water, pop the tablet in the holder, pop it in the cats mouth and press the plunger and blam....tablet shoots down the cats throat with water

http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/buster-pill-giver-soft-tip.html?utm_source=pricecomparison&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=googleshopping&utm_term=Buster+Pill+Giver+-+Soft+Tip&utm_content=1929&gclid=CN-6pL_s5csCFZAW0wod2AEKoA

sorry you couldn't get the scan done, oooo don't know if you know, but pets at home do royal canin vet diets now, you order online and fetch in store if you want too

• Like 1

Jayne, is Ted your dog? if so then i guess you're the one to decide what to do for him, if you have his vaccs done, it will be the full lot again won't it? you need to make sure you have enough time to get the jabs done...allowing the gap between the 2 lots, a trial at the kennels all before the holiday so if it isn't suitable you can make another arrangement...what did your brother say about helping you out?

How odd with your dad and facebook... i assume it is you on your holiday and you are showing your friends...quite normal isn't it? I don't do facebook but my brother puts his stuff on there and all his mates comment etc which is what i assume would be normal.

My brother said that he could help out if he was on a late shift, but didn't say he would move back in.

Ted is a family dog, but as I used to do flyball with him, mum and dad class him as mine (despite the fact I moved out 8 years ago!). It is such a mess. I honestly don't know what they expect me to do....

what about if the cats go to the cattery...is that cheaper than putting a dog into kennels?..i have never done either, you go to your mum and dads and your brother nips in in the day to say hi, give him a little walk and let him go to the loo etc. If you try to take the cats to stay there it is going to be a nightmare as they aren't used to dogs and i guess Ted isn't used to cats? if any damage is done your parents will do their nuts.

Merledogs, there is a great little gadget that you can give tablets with, you fill the syringe with water, pop the tablet in the holder, pop it in the cats mouth and press the plunger and blam....tablet shoots down the cats throat with water

http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/buster-pill-giver-soft-tip.html?utm_source=pricecomparison&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=googleshopping&utm_term=Buster+Pill+Giver+-+Soft+Tip&utm_content=1929&gclid=CN-6pL_s5csCFZAW0wod2AEKoA

sorry you couldn't get the scan done, oooo don't know if you know, but pets at home do royal canin vet diets now, you order online and fetch in store if you want too

I was just going to post about the very same thing! So will just say I had one for our cats and it worked well though there was some fighting with some of then once they knew it was coming. I used to wrap them tight in a big thick towel and hold them tucked under my arm in such a way as to have a hand free to be able to open the jaw open slightly (pull on the skin on their chin but not too roughly) whilst using the other hand to shove the syringe in and push - hey presto over and done with in a few seconds.

It's pretty much the way I give Archie his medicine too only because it's liquid I use a conventional syringe. He now gets that the procedure brings relief and no longer fights it. It does mean that if I have to give him a pill I can use the pill water dispenser very easily :)

My concern about putting them in a cattery is that I am away for a couple of weeks before they go - so they will have had 2 weeks in the cattery. Then mum and dad go away for 3 weeks, so they will have been in the cattery for 5 weeks. It'll cost me about £500 for them to be there for 5 weeks :unsure:

Struggling a bit here. I love my new house but still have loose ends with the old one because the incoming people have the changeover meter readings and seem to be refusing to communicate with me. We ended on a very bitter note as I was forced to move at 24 hours notice, a week before I expected. Should have held out for a week's notice. And then things got unpleasant because new people, who had said don't worry if I can't get everything out in time, changed their tune. All very well for them, they had lots of family and friends to help. My friends were able to come the next week, but not at short notice. Their older family members were mostly very nice and understood my situation. Everyone got pretty tense, but I thought it would calm down.

I was at new house with removals men and my sister remained at old house to read meters with new people. New lady put the readings on her phone, but my sister didn't bring a written copy with her. I have put a note through letterbox with my number requesting she text them to me. No response. My sister has written by snail mail asking her to write them down and give them to next door neighbour who is saving my post for me. They are handing the post over, but no sign of meter readings. I have let the utility companies know and if necessary they will do estimates. I don't know whether the phone got lost or dropped in the sink and no one will admit, or whether they are just seeking petty revenge. I may have to brace myself and try to speak to them.

Sam I have been looking into your problems posting - from what I can tell there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to post with your own account, its not locked or restricted and not showing up as anything wrong this end. What exactly happens when you try and log in as you?