UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jawtastic Jottings

Yantan

We had some snow last night & some remains this morning tho it's sleeting now and will probably turn to rain - just for a change.

When I walked Archie down the old railway line yesterday the fields either side were even more waterlogged than last week and there was a faint stench coming from them that wasn't there before. These fields have watermarks all around their boundaries from where the flood water came too and there is a lot of detritus lying along the watermarks. It looks awful.

Snow I hope you get in to see the doc ok. Feel better soon.

to be honest Snow, i would be telling the Dr to get on the phone and see how long your referral is going to be, i would then be saying that you want a private referral...well worth the money to get seen quickly, you can't carry on like that..... i hate going private but it is better than suffering

Merledogs, hope you get Timmy home today

Hospital for me today...minimum of 2 consultants, have a sore throat so that will mean yet another blood test, hopefully my old consultant will come over from his new hospital too

I've put the results of my appointment in spoiler tags as its womens stuff ...

I was the first in the queue at 7:30 was first on my GP's list and finally saw her just before 9am! Unfortunately I am not really any the wiser apart from the complete shock of being told "sid" is HUGE - I have a 17cm mass in the pelvic space, the radiologist has not actually been willing to commit to it being an ovarian cyst as apparently its so large it obscured the ovary :ohmy: my GP was also non committal but said I need an emergency gyne referral and she is pretty sure they'll want to open me up for a better look. She's also requesting an internal scan and possible MRI. She isn't sure whats causing the pain but given the size of this "cyst" she doesn't doubt that its likely to be a factor but the fact the pain is only on the opposite side is strange, its possible that the cyst is obstructing my bowel or bladder and thats the cause of the pain or it could be that the cyst is twisting the ovary. Endo & fibroids have NOT been ruled out (I thought they had) due to the mass obscuring things and they are better viewed with an internal scan. She will not give me any stronger pain meds as she says what I'm on now is a very high dose and should be working and anything stronger potentially masks a serious problem. She doesnt doubt that I'm in a great deal of pain and we've talked about what steps I need to take if I get to a point where I simply cannot cope any more which will result in an immediate hospital admission. There is also the possibility that the mass is actually acting on my existing arthritis in my spine and thats what the pain is from also probable/possible that its being affected by my hormones and cycle so maybe increasing and decreasing in size triggering the pain. I went straight from the GP to the local hospital for the CA125 test - but I'm not too concerned about that I know that the vast vast majority of these types of things are benign so I'm not panicking. I am however going on a buying spree today - if I am going into hospital I have absolutely nothing suitable (don't own any nighties etc.) so I'm going to get a ready bag together with nighties and humungous panties and I've even found a store selling paper hospital gowns and knickers that fit people up to 40 stone so I'm going to get some of those (in my size not 40 stone ones lol) as the last time I had day surgery and needed a gown it was very drafty lol

Bearing in mind that the junior doctors are planning more one day strikes and even all out ones, if I were you Snow once you've bought what you need, I'd be in unbearable pain so that they HAVE to take you in..preferably stagger on until Monday if you can, as it seems clear that if you can find a consultant in hospitals over the weekend, you are amazingly lucky!

Hope Timmy comes home today Alex, and all other poorly animals soon get better.

Good luck today Griff, hope the consultant who knows you best comes to see you.

I walked Rosie earlier and the wind is bitter, and I think it's trying to snow. Apparently it's already snowing in Buxton..now there's a surprise...not!

I hope Timmy is picking up and you get some answers.These dogs do know how to worry us.

Snow, don't put up with things as they are. That is no way to live. You need to be seen pronto and a diagnosis made.

I find you do need to really stress how bad things are for someone to take notice.

We are too stoical.

Good luck too. Griff. I hope it goes well.

We have flurries of snow then beautiful sunshine. What a pleasure after wet , dark, grey days for three weeks. Some days it barely got light.

Do you know what Snow...totally agree, buy what you need and get yourself off to the hospital in excruciating pain and get admitted, if your Dr has told you that giving you stronger pain meds will mask a more serious problem and the ones you are on don't help then you need admitting to get it sorted and become pain free.

thanks for the good wishes, i hope felix does come over as he is such a laugh

My baby boy is coming home later 💕🐶 We have to go back in five days to have his bloods redone to see if the problem is resolved or whether it requires further investigation and then every week for six weeks for a B12 injection but I just can't wait to see him and have a cuddle 💕

• Like 2

Yay for Timmy's homecoming :)

I've been for a check up at the local hospital. My neighbour took me down but I was nearly late for my appt. because we had to knock all the snow of her car and defrost it! The fells look simply amazing and are covered in snow from top to bottom. It's our first proper winter's day and I'll take a few more of these please.

Snow I hope you are soon sorted & pain free.

Hope they get you into hossie asap snow :flowers:

Timmy is home :wub: The other dogs were sooo pleased to him, even Beau who doesn't bother with him. They all greeted each other with much wagginess :wub: He seems tired so is getting some rest. Refused some Forthglade but scoffed a plate of chicken. I'd best have a word and tell him I won't be making a habit of feeding him chicken :rolleyes:

• Like 1