UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingly Danglys

merledogs

I can't watch Deadliest Catch because I get upset about the crab and other fish caught in the baskets and the way they hurl them about. Otherwise I'd watch it because I love the sea and find it's power most awesome.

I am sitting here instead of working. I slept in this morning and got overwhelmed when I came down with all I have to do - like spruce the house up for my visitors later today and getting stuck into my outwork of which there is a mega amount. So what did I do? Made a coffee and sat here instead pretending it's not happening. LOL. I also have Archie to take out and we are going shortly whilst the rain is holding off.

• Like 1

Yantan, given how bad things have been up your way I doubt anyone will mind a bit of mess!

Got up and lurgy boy (dad) is sat spreading his germs, apparently he was told to go to bed but ignored my mums instructions who was not happy when I spoke to her lol...he has moved now, think me wiping the surfaces with antibac wipes was a hint lol

Good luck Jazz

i have to go out today...i don't want to go out, i need to go crimbo shopping and wednesday is late night so it means i don't need to rush round so much...problem is today is chemo day and i don't want to puke on the bus Lol i could perhaps see if i could do it friday but if i don't make it that is me screwed as i am seeing people monday and have no gifts for them, should have done this weeks ago...i hate christmas Lol

Jazz, whenever my debit card is changed, I can activate it online or on the phone..are you sure you have to go out?

Yantan, kill two birds with one stone, get your visitors to help with your work! Griff, depending on what you want, Amazon is remarkably fast at the mo, I ordered something yesterday from them, and it arrived this morning. I'm not on Prime or anything, it was a standard delivery. Couldn't believe it!

Does this girl look like a bull lurcher to you? She's four months old, in at our local RSPCA. No offence to your dogs Griff, but I've always read negative things about the bull lurchers, especially regarding their attitude to cats! Also, is a bitch with a bitch a good idea?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/chesterfieldrspca/22935398743/in/dateposted/

Suzeanna, she does look like a bull lurcher, mine are staffs crossed with one we think is either ebt or american bull dog and the other we think maybe jrt, i have had both of mine from pups so they have been raised with the cat...he is the gaffer, regularly has a nibble on a dog Lol they don't however like other cats. I have had no issues so far with having 2 bitches together but kota is only just 2 and deags is just over 1...not sure when they are likely to fight if ever, i have known people who have had bitches together and all has been fine, i think it depends very much on both of the dogs personalities.

I did also have laney...he was a staff x with something we were told collie, could have been dobe, could have been lurcher (he had the most muscley thighs i have ever seen Lol) he was fine with our cat but again didn't like other cats

is she in a rescue?? i wonder could you ask if she has been cat tested or if she could be cat tested and if she proves o.k perhaps a meeting on mutual ground with rosie and if that goes o.k maybe a overnight/weekend visit

Great news Snow :)

Alicia - I'm 30 now and no grandchildren for my parents (and probably never from me :laugh: ). My brother is 24, getting married next year, so I suspect they may get some grandkids there :unsure:

Is that the one you're determinded to take a plus one to :wavey: :blinking1:

Moaning :tired:

I don't do Christmas decorations either. No point, just me and the animals here.

same here just me n Cliffy so no tree no decs no christmas lunch, prob a chille or a spag bol for me !

She's at the local RSPCA Griff. I can take Rosie to meet her, but they don't allow trial runs unfortunately. I know it's going back a good few years, but when we had two dobe bitches together, they were fine whilst Kali was under a year, but as she got into her teens she started challenging Saphyre. Not a good idea! Saphyre was bigger than her and patient at first but then decided enough was enough and Kali was put in her place. Sadly she wouldn't learn the lesson, and in the end we had to rehome her for her own good, Saphyre could have hurt her badly.

I looked her up Suzeanna, she is only 4 months according to their description, if it is any help when we were looking to adopt our first rescue after diez (laney) the vet said the oldest he would allow us to take on was 5 months given we had the cat and his 3 legged issue Lol, he reckoned that the dog would be young enough to take a lesson off the cat and dex wouldn't come to any harm....but that was a staff which would be smallish in size

Crikey, hope i won't have any bother with my 2, they won't be going anywhere...no one would take them on, kota is well...mental and deags is incontinent and whingy Lol

Solicitor just called with update on same progress. First buyer in chain has had to change solicitor, something to do with mortgage. This one is in Mansfield, unlike previous who was in next road to mine. But with luck the new one may be better organised. At least all searches have been done so hopefully things will get sorted fairly quickly. What a palaver!

We were supposed to be moved in by early November. At this rate it could be Feb which only worries me because more chance of snow and ice.

Wispa and I have spent all of a nice sunny day waiting in for a furniture delivery. I bought 2 nice vintage pieces from our local warehouse, but decided a couple of days ago that it was unfair to ask them to wait indefinitely to deliver to new house. I have room here now that so much space has been cleared. Hope they turn up before 4.15 as there is a wardens' meeting at the reserve HQ followed by bird lecture and buffet. It would look a bit iffy, missing the meeting and turning up for the nosh!

Evening.

Nige - couldn't do without my Christmas dinner and the dogs get one too :santa:

She looks lovely suzeanna.

Football was brilliant in the end. Lots of german fans sitting in with the City fans but thankfully no trouble.

Edited by merledogs