UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingly Danglys

merledogs

Snow I agree with Griff about going private to start with. I did that when I was miserable with what turned out to be a type of psorasis that was mis-diagnosed. I saw the NHS dermatologist at a private hospital, he was stotting that my GP practice hadn't referred me to him right at the start. I saw him on a Thursday and was admitted to the NHS hospital first thing Monday morning. Best money I ever spent.

Yay! It's stopped raining here, thank dawg. That'll give the whole area a bit of respite and allow the flood waters to recede a little, although it looks like more rain is expected.

Has anybody else been affected by the flooding? I hope not and that you are all well, warm and dry.

Glad the rain has subsided a bit Marion - thinking of you up there :flowers:

Snow, I'd get yourself to a&e if it gets worse, one of the girls at work has endometriosis and she lived with it for years before getting it checked out (she thought it was normal after having kids). She was in horrendous pain at work the other day, so ended up in a&e - she was admitted to the obs and gynae ward and seen by a consultant the same day.

Look after yourself Griff :GroupHug: :grouphug:

Last night at my first Christmas party of many, I had to drive as I had no lift and blue was getting his hair cut this morning, so needed my car this morning. Guess what??!! The girl who was supposed to be clipping Blue has cancelled :rolleyes: So I could have had a drink and left my car at work overnight after all :rolleyes: Never mind. I have plenty more parties lined up over the next couple of weeks (one of the perks of working in a few different places - I get to go to all the different parties :biggrin: )

Bonus gooster, at least you haven't missed out altogether

Snow, hope you are feeling a bit better today

Yantan...we are OK flood wise here, might venture up the field in a bit which will be a lake of mud

Thought the cough had gone but nope, getting my blood test done tomorrow so if it is anything nasty it will show up

Ruby met a woman with her little dog in her arms just up the road from us. She was trying to get to the wood to let Archie have a run round. The woman warned her to be careful where she took Archie as her dog came home after his morning walk and was sick and then started fitting. The woman was on her way to the vets with him. There is sewage mixed in with the mud that's covering a lot of roads in town so he may have picked something up. Of course the little dog getting ill could all be unrelated but better to be on our guard than not.

Our water pressure is low and down to a trickle upstairs. I have filled some utensils in case it goes off all together.

I could kill the kid from the house opposite us at the back. He thumps a football up against the next door's garage door and any wall he can. It sounds awful. A bouncing football always has been something I hate to listen too. It really grinds my gears.

Thanks everyone - *fingers crossed* I have yet to take any pain killers at all today I last took naprosyn and another dose of codine at midnight so they should all have been out of my system for a while now. I didn't sleep too bad though I could only lay flat on my back and I woke twice in the night however unlike the past few nights when I did wake I needed a wee (I know tmi lol) and I went straight back to sleep I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed that perhaps it WAS a kidney stone after all - GP thinks fibroids or cysts but outside chance of a kidney stone - only time will tell.

Snow, glad you're feeling a bit better today - hope it stays that way :flowers:

Yantan, glad to hear you haven't flooded, but how upsetting for all those who have :(

Griff, hope you're feeling better soon :GroupHug:

Nice sofa Alex :)

I've managed to get quite a lot done this weekend - rearranged the furniture in the bedroom, caught up on the filing (hadn't been done since May!), transformed two beanbags and an empty dog bed cover into half a bean bag and a filled dog bed (plus a lot of polystyrene balls everywhere!), and had several decent walks with the dogs. On this afternoons walk we went somewhere new-ish, and met up with my mum and Morse and Buzz. Kia and Buzz had great fun running around and got absolutely filthy - Logan was on lead much to his disgust. Unfortunately there seems to have been some sort of irritant in either the ground or the lake, as since we got back both Kia and Buzz have been chewing at their feet and frantically digging at the carpet :( They've both had a bath and a piriton, and Kia has just managed to settle down after an hour of upset. We won't be walking there again any time soon.

Good news Snow, would deffo go private if you can for the first appt....I used to feel dreadful doing it, like I was queue jumping but my mum said I had freed up my NHS spot for someone else who could be in an equally bad way and they woypuld then get seen that little bit quicker

Great news about Basil, hope he has a happy new life

Sophie, hope the dogs have settled down now.....I deffo wouldn't rushback there

Yantan, how are things going for you?been watching the news and it looks awful

Delighted to report I am still medication and pain free :cheer: slept most of the night through as well. I am still feeling very tired but I suspect that probably is a touch of anemia combined with the poor sleep etc over the past week or so, fingers crossed a couple of naps and some decent sleep and I'll be all back to normal. If this does flare up again in a couple of weeks I will give serious thought to going private though.

Glad your pain has eased Snow.

Ruby is going to London today on business but she's going to have to drive to Preston to catch the train as there are no trains running north from Preston. She normally catches it at Penrith which is a nice easy 20 minute drive and has ample car-parking at the station.

I've got a Tesco delivery booked for sometime over the next hour but I am wondering if they will make it.

Did you all know that a car will start to float in just 2 feet of water?