UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Non-Stop Natterings

merledogs

No snow here but it is very chilly out :bigtonstuck:

Yantan, sorry to hear your holiday hasn't gone to plan - I hope the journey home is a smooth one and that your sore bits aren't too achey :GroupHug:

Griff - what everyone else said :GroupHug:

It hasn't been a great week here. Logan hurt his foot to go along with his ear, and the constant need to hibiscrub the foot or check on his ear ended up with him reverting back to how he used to be when I first adopted hime and he wouldn't let me near him. Ran away whenever I entered the room with his tail tucked under, and was generally just miserable. Thankfully he had his stitches out on Thursday and I've managed to make friends with him again although he's still a bit wary. I've also been stressed about an issue with someone at work. I've ended up having to threaten to report him for sexual harassment - very much hoping that does the trick and he leaves me alone.

Jeez Sophie, i hope the creep lays of you.....if he doesn't please report him, if your bosses don't do anything go to the police. Really sorry to hear about Logan too, it is hard to make them understand you aren't being mean you are just trying to help

I have had broken fingers and a derotational osteotomy....it was still quite painful after a month, if you are worried have a word with the Dr or the consultants secretary...they will most likely get a message to him and if he is worried he will get you in

Sorry to hear about Logan's woes Sophie - hope he forgives you. I get the feeling Ted is going to start avoiding me when I go round to mum and dad's. Since his grooming episode, I have decided to make a concentrated effort to brush him every time I go around. He HATES being brushed. I would rather he associate me with walks and cuddles, but since nobody else there seems to bother brushing him, it looks like I'm going to have to brush him. When I went round last week, he kept trying to bite the brush and me :(

Safe journey home Marion - hope you have a warm coat with you for when you get back - it's freezing here. Sorry to hear though that your fall has spoiled your enjoyment of an amazing city (you'll just have to go back again to see all the bits you missed out on this time :wink: )

Today is Walter and Jessie's first gotcha day :) Can't believe it's been a year since they came into my life! Just changed my bedding. They tried to help :laugh:

Sophie, hope your workmate gets the message and that Logan feels happier soon.

My friend who was stranded between houses finally got her purchase completed this week and set off for new home in Austria, travelling with husband, lots of belongings, 2 cats including a Maine coon, and a stonking great Newfoundland. A lot to carry in an estate, even a big one. They spent a night in a pet friendly guest house in South Germany then proceeded to destination in the Tyrol via a series of traffic jams. I am very relieved they have arrived safely. Their furniture doesn't arrive for at least another week so they are camping in their house.

I certainly don't have anything to complain about except a bit of hanging about waiting. Only moving 8 miles, what a lucky owl I am.

Tis very cold but sunny here. W ehad a lovely walk on the beach this morning. The dogs went in swimming despite the cold.

We did have a flurry of snow about 8 o'clock last night but it went as quick as it came.

Further south of us has had more snow and there were road closures but all open now,

Sorry to read you are still in pain Yantan and it has affected your holiday.

You maybe should get checked out when you come home.

It is miserable being unwell away from your own home comforts.

I hope Logan forgives you, Sophie.

Gooster, Murphy hates being groomed but I got a brush in PAH that claimed it was for dogs who didnlt like being brushed. He loves it and pushes in to get brushed. So the routine is he gets combed and the reward is getting brushed . Although it is wire brush the wire prongs are ina spongy base.

When combing him I set uo two small biscuits where he can see them and he gets one half way through and the other at the end. He is prepared to pu tup with grooming for that.

At 10 years, Murphy's coat is very fuzzy so he now goes to the 'poodle parlour', as my friend called it, every 12 weeks to get clipped and groomed. It makes groomg him much easier.

Cleo is the opposite. She loves being groomed and pushes in when I am doing Murphy.

Gooster, sometimes you just have to be the mean one!! how often do you get to see him and do you brush him every time you go? i was thinking if you went say 3 times a week you could not do it once so it isn't like every time you go in he is getting brushed...also what about if someone feeds him treats to distract him while you get on with brushing him, deags isn't keen she is shirt thin coated so not really a problem but i just have a rubber brush for her

Is it really a year since you got Jesse and Walter??? gosh, that has gone quick

Owl...that is quite a move for your friends...lets hope the furniture catches them up

I am only off one day a week, so I go round to walk them and brush him then. He has had all his knots clipped out by a groomer about 3 weeks ago, but he was still a right little crosspatch when I was running the comb over his legs :unsure: Me and mum had words when we were away at the state he had been allowed to get into (usually mum grooms him) because nobody had brushed him - I shoulder some of the blame, but I see him once a week, they see him every day and have more time in the evening to sit and brush him.

It has indeed been a full year since the monsters came to live with me! Can't believe it myself!!!

Gooster, it isn't your fault...if he doesn't live with you and you are not responsible for his daily care then it isn't your fault really is it? if he needed tablets every single day or medicine, would your parents do that? then if so even 5 minutes with a brush is better than nothing and if everyone sat with a brush for 5 minutes a day that would probably get him used to being groomed and also it would hopefully keep the tangles down...i think there is some spray that you can get for knots in dogs coats...no idea if it is any good though

Thanks Griff - there are 3 adults who live in the house with him. Surely between them all, they can brush him a couple of times a week. It doesn't help that he goes to hydrotherapy every week following his spinal tumour, so the water makes all the downy fur on his legs go all tangled and matted.

I have tried mane and tail conditioner (for horses) on him, there is actually a bottle of it at mum and dad's house. It works quite well at detangling his little knots when he gets them :)