UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Observations

Yantan

Moaning :tired:

Pleased things are moving owl :flowers:

Don't know if anyone remembers but I went to the work's awards ceremony last year. Didn't really want to go but was talked into it and at least, I thought, I won't have to go next year. Guess what, new boss, our Finance Director, has ruddy invited me. It's at Alton Towers and you get a pass to do stuff during the day and then stay overnight. Places are very limited and only a few from each department get to go. I had a word and told him that I'd been last year so if he wanted to give someone else the place (because I know several other people in the team are very keen) then that would be fair. He said he wanted me to go because of the contribution I'd made and working really hard this year. Bugger. It's great to be recognised and all that and I feel really ungrateful but those sorts of things aren't my bag and I don't enjoy them. The other thing is the date - it's ruddy bonfire night and Timmy is scared of fireworks, so I don't want to leave them alone. I'm going to have to go but I'll go to the dinner/presentations/entertainment only and then drive back afterwards. They usually have Scottish comedian Des Clarke presenting it who was quite funny last year so it's not all bad. Need to find someone to take Timmy for the night or else come in and sit with him. Bah humbug.

Merledogs, do you know what... i would just be honest with your boss, ask him to give the place to somebody else and explain why, if you don't want to go and leave Timmy your boss will have to like it or lump it...you could fib and say you had tried to find someone to come and take care of him but were unable to

Owl...hope the moving of many boxes goes well!!

woke up with a pain by my mastoid bone, hope i am not getting an ear infection

Great about the house Owl, hope it all goes smoothly now.

Alex, I'd be honest with your boss, and tell him that what he thinks of as a reward for your hard work, actually to you is more of a punishment, and will give you problems re the dogs. If he has any sense and empathy, he'll understand.

Hope the pain isn't anything nasty Griff...must be the day for it. I was putting body lotion on after my shower this morning and realised I have a small tender area on my left boob, and under it a teeny lump. I have an appointment anyway at the breast clinic on the 17th November, but I phoned and asked if it could be brought forward. Next Tuesday at 3.30. Gulp. It's nowhere near the operation site, so it isn't scar tissue, but hopefully it's nothing. I'm not saying anything to OH or my kids, no sense in all of us worrying.

Suzeanna ((hugs)) its probably nothing but good that they were able to bring your scan forward.

Hairdresser is coming at 2pm and I still haven't decided what I want her to do I keep looking at old photos of me with short hair and some of the styles I liked a lot but I also keep remembering that those styles involved gel or mousse, blow drying and/or tongs to get it looking like that and the very rare photos I have when I had just let it dry naturally look awful, add to that Rob has been absolutely refusing to say what he prefers or thinks I should do as he doesn't want to get "blamed" if I hate it - but then last night when I said I thought I had decided and was going to have it cut very short he groaned and said - does that mean tongs again and having to wait around for ages for you to get ready in the morning? :guiltysmiley: The problem is that I am having it done ready for my big photo op with Joe Flanigan a week Sunday and as that photo is going to be something I hope I'll treasure for years and years the last thing I want to do is make the wrong decision over my hair and hate even looking at the pic. :( I suspect I'm gonna go for a mid length layered bob so if I hate it I can still bung it back behind an alice band.

Snow, how much do you trust your hairdresser??? you could tell her roughly how long you would be prepared to spend doing it each day and roughly your ideas, see what she suggests and she might come up with something that would be perfect for you...that is if you trust her to do the right thing! i am very lucky with mine, i turn up with a photo and go...i want that and she will tweak it to suit me...mind you my hair is only about 2 inches long Lol

Suzeanna, i really hope the lump is nothing but good you have noticed it and said something and not just waited for your appointment...if you don't want to tell your husband or kids i will happily "listen" can't give you advice as i haven't had any experience like that but huge (((hugs))) sent your way

just had the dogs out... i have 2 reasonably behaved dogs...the power of a ball Lol Kota has rolled in poop so now needs a bath and if i am doing one the other may as well be done, deags saw a cocker up the field and she was barking...not out of nastiness but excitement..the owner was very unimpressed, as she is a staffy mix i will have to work on that as we will get a bad reputation

Thanks all for the good vibes, I might take you up on your offer Griff. Regarding Deags, surely if you say to people she's not nasty, they'll listen? We were up at the local park with Rosie at the weekend, and two staffies were chasing their ball...saw her, turned and ran so fast to her than one couldn't stop in time and nearly bowled her over. Owner apologised but it was obvious from their whole attitude that they were friendly. She isn't doing too well at the moment regarding other dogs..nearly flattened by staffies, and yesterday a very large brown lab lumbered up to say hi and trod on her front paw. If looks could kill, he'd have been dead on the spot, she was NOT amused!

Aw poor little Rosie. I use Coke and Popcorn a lot on my PC but I can't get it to work on my Samsung tablet.

My friend who is 95 tried to adopt a dog at the age of 87 but no rescue would accommodate her. She ended up buying a BT pup with the added back up of having my aunt (who was 74 at the time) take Sophie if anything happened to her. Sophie is at home both with her mum and my aunt and spends lots of time staying with my aunt as her mum is a globe-trotter. At 95 my friend and Sophie, now an 8 year old, are still going out for 2 daily walks of at least an hours duration each.

My aunt adopted Dan from Ireland when she was 75 and after he went to the Bridge she adopted Josh from a local rescue when she was about to turn 80. Mind you she is very fit, can still walk up to the top of a fell and looks at least 15 years younger than she actually is.

• Like 1