UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Observations

Yantan

sounds good owl, glad you have found something. saves the hastle of the electrics being done and anything else they find

got the hospital in an hour, then my freezer food being exchanged this afternoon, hope they bring the right stuff

oo and im having my hair cut

Vendor of house with awful electrics has just responded via agent. They don't want to get involved in rewiring, so that is the end of it as far as I am concerned.

I am kind of glad as the house I viewed yesterday will be a lot less work and has many good points. Will make appointment for a 2nd viewing asap and double check there aren't any snags I didn't notice, and if all OK will make an offer.

don't houses have to have all the checks done, they give you all the findings, it came in a few years ago

how long do you think concrete posts and plinths should last? years? how about 2 months! 5 out of the 8 are cracked and one of the poles

im not happy

is that on your fence Jazz??? we looked at concrete posts and gravel boards but quite a few of the reviews on wickes said about cracks so we went with wood again

parents flight has landed... they need to pick up some more tiles on the way back

i would think that the posts would be o.k even with some cracks as they have steels running lengthwise down them so i don't think your fence will fall down but it might be worth saying something in case they want to come and sort it, the gravel boards...i am not sure about those having steels in them, i don't think they do.... ours is still not completely finished as the posts need cutting down a bit.... however i may just leave them as they are...i don't much care Lol. Need to finish cutting down the rest of the old posts for the ladies to use for their bit of garden...my post hole thingy is awesome, just need to find someone with muscles to make the holes now

i would think that the posts would be o.k even with some cracks as they have steels running lengthwise down them so i don't think your fence will fall down but it might be worth saying something in case they want to come and sort it, the gravel boards...i am not sure about those having steels in them, i don't think they do.... ours is still not completely finished as the posts need cutting down a bit.... however i may just leave them as they are...i don't much care Lol. Need to finish cutting down the rest of the old posts for the ladies to use for their bit of garden...my post hole thingy is awesome, just need to find someone with muscles to make the holes now

We had a fence put round our garden (1 acre area so a lot of fence) when we moved in.

The ground is rough hill ground and is hard, chockabolc with roots and full of boulders and granite seams. I often have problems planting a bush due to large boulders or a granite seam being in the way.

A young lad about 20 years old put in the four corners posts then filled in with the other posts with one of these thingies. It was amazing watching him. He made it look so easy and he did it all in a couple of days.

I had great admiration for him.

i was amazed at how cheap it was blackmagic, about £20 including delivery....that and the posts is my little contribution, the ladies have pai out for all the top soil themselves, all the bulbs etc just to make things look a bit nicer for everyone.

this is the one i got

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281749961156?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

it is massive!!!!!!!! reckon you will easily get 2 people on each side of it...just hope it does the job now

don't houses have to have all the checks done, they give you all the findings,

Apparently not, as long as no misleading info is given by agent. Mortgage lenders usually insist on all checks and certificates. But a cash buyer doesn't even need to get a survey done.

Appointment for second viewing of other house tomorrow morning, just to check I didn't miss anything vital. Then if all OK, I will make my offer.