UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Observations

Yantan

My mil is starting to get worried about when she loses Sal (Sal is 13 now and just starting to show signs of aging plus she has a lump that mil is getting checked out) when she was here last weekend mil was almost in tears saying she doesn't know what she will do when Sal's gone and how its Sal who gets her out walking everyday and keeps her mobile. MIL is 82 and thinks no rescue would even consider her now even with us offering back up.

I'm going to have a chat with my hairdresser and explain what I need from my hair lol and see what she comes up with.

Errrrmmmm Suzeanna, i have no idea, only got it tuesday and haven't done anything with it really, i know you can download stuff off the iplayer and demand4 i will have a look at the coke and popcorn thing...provided i don't have to pay, we have just upgraded to unlimited broadband, 50p cheaper than the 60gb we were getting Lol, we never got near that as we don't generally stream films and stuff or download programs but with 3 of us now having the fire tablets and my bro coming visiting with an ipad worth doing....plus i have just been super naughty and shouldn't have but have just ordered a recon chromecast for £17 so my parents can use the tv and their tablets to watch programs they have missed

Snow, i hope your hairdresser sorts you out and you are happy with the results.....i am sure between you, you will come up with something awesome Lol

Adopting dogs when people are older needs to be something that is looked at on an individual basis in my opinion, places who just rule people out on age are doing the dogs in their care a disservice, don't get me wrong, i am not saying give someone in their 90's a 10 week pup but at least look at the dogs in your care and give them the chance to be paired with a caring owner. I could go to the rspca, dogs trust, any rescue tomorrow and would probably be accepted immediately for a dog, i am 35 and look the picture of health, truth is i am not but would easily be given a dog which if they are going on age is ridiculous as the pensioner will probably be her after i am gone Lol

right, i have just had a little go with the coke and popcorn thing and it did give me the chance to download NCIS...i did start the download but as i am not yet unlimited i will try it after midnight...i get free unlimited downloads then and report back! thankyou for telling me about that site as i had no idea it existed

Welllllll its done - no pics yet as I had it cut "dirty" so it needs a wash now - I had a long chat and she did recommend I have a very severe choppy bob layered and very very VERY short at the back (about 1inch and part shaved!) but with the front layered long - but I chickened out lol instead I have had 8 inches :ohmy: cut off the back bringing the back to just below shoulder length sort of halfway down the shoulder blades the sides have been left a bit longer but layered and chopped and with a blunt cut anddddd the biggest change is that I had 6 inches cut off the front so I now have a proper fringe for the first time in about 20 years lol she cut the fringe quite thick but choppy so its a bit like a cleopatra type fringe its just on my eyebrows so I can pin it back or shove an alice band in if I hate it lol She was also very jealous of my "grey bits" as I only have a sprinkling of absolutely bright white hairs here and there which you can't really even see (but I can see every ruddy one of them lol) and just look like highlights, whereas shes 10 years younger than me and iron grey in great big swatches so she has to dye her hair every month.

oh, was she going to do a graduated bob snow? i had one of those first time i got my haircut, you develop a habit of rubbing the shaved bit though Lol mind i think there is something up with me as i love rubbing blokes head with cropped hair Lol.... i hope you decide you like it and it is easily manageable for you

mind i think there is something up with me as i love rubbing blokes head with cropped hair Lol...

Well you and me both Griff, you and me both. I have been known to rub the cropped heads of men standing in front of me in a queue. I just can't resist!

I've never thought about trying to download a prog from Coke and Popcorn on my tab, maybe that's why it doesn't work because I've only tried streaming it. What I like about the site is that you can see shows that go out shortly after they air in the USA. I have watched the last season and a half of Grey's Anatomy at the American pace rather than see it when it goes out here 4 weeks later and am currently following this season's show the same way. For instance it aired on the east coast of the US last night at midnight our time. Well I am asleep usually by then but the show is posted online about 30 minutes after and so it's there when I get up Friday morning - suits me!

Feet up? I have gone to bed hehe and will just stagger downstairs at 8 to watch Deep Space 9, grab a snack then back to bed.

But tomorrow I am back to work as my friend Vicky is coming for the day to help me sort out the garage.

No idea about the legality of downloading from C&P Griff. I love Amazon Prime tv. They have some great shows on there. However one thing you should be aware of is that not all the tv progs and films they have are free, although that said we've found enough free stuff to keep us amused.

Good for you Owl having a good ole rest.

Would we be able to download stuff to the three tablets on one prime account do you think? I have mailed Amazon to check but no response yet. It I a bit steep for me but I could save up for it as my mum will say don't bother but my dad needs something to watch