UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Stonking Stirrings

merledogs

Owl, that is awful...know all about the awful family bit after a death but that woman (won't say lady) who defrauded those people...not nearly long enough in my opinion...i am pleased she didn't get the better of you! New home, new start, onwards and upwards, get yourself moved in and try and have a bit of you time

Morning everyone , in a grump as my fence posts i painted are still damp

Bloody hell Owl. I read about her, sorry she made life difficult for you on top of both your auntie and mum dying. Some people obviously have very different ways than others.

Suzeanna, don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today. Go on holiday next year and then plan something else for the year after xx

Thanks Fugees. Stuff happened you just couldn't make up.

There is an interesting PS to the tale of Auntie's horrid stepson. It has turned out that there were some mistakes in the legal procedure when the trust for the house was set up. So he still doesn't own the house in the sense that he can sell it, not until a lot of red tape has been sorted out. But he is stuck with the council tax and insurance, hehe.

Merledogs, glad you got things sorted with your boss.

Glad the stepson isn't having things all his own way Owl! That woman sounds awful..did the people she stole from ever get their money back?

We probably will go to the fjords next year, but we're waiting until a colleague of my husband's come back from her trip next week, to see what she thought of the cruise line she went with..Cruise and Maritime. They are the low end of the scale, and my daughter will tell me to aim higher but to be honest they would suit us. She goes on Cunard, Celebrity and the expensive P&0 ships, not only can't we afford them, but I seem to be having more and more mobility problems, and having to hike around a whopping great ship where it's half a mile from restaurant to cabin would be more a torture than a treat! C&M go from Tilbury, easier and quicker to get to than Southampton. So long as Dawn says the ship was ok, we'll book it.

Lauryl and Hardy...what do you do with damsons? we have trees nearby and all the fruit just falls and goes to waste...at least i think they are damsons Lol

Suzeanna...personally i would go sooner rather than later, i always thought that i may have chance to go places and now i have no chance at all. if you had been near me you could have loaned my gear. As for the medical stuff.... it will all sort itself out at some point, i am done with chasing results and flapping Lol

Merledogs... i hope today is going o.k for you ((hugs))

I make jams and chutneys, gin and vodka from the damsons, well i would make jam and chutney but for a lack of jars, I picked and froze 14 pounds of fruit the other week and didnt even scratch the surface of how much fruit I have.

if you want a recipe I can always ping you one or put it on here with the methodology

Oh I forgot I did a home check in manchester yesterday for an18 month old rescue westie, all went well and they are getting said westie today.

I will do a follow up in a month so I can give him snuggles :bounce:

Edited by Laurel n Hardy

well i would make jam and chutney but for a lack of jars,

I have LOADS of jars! What a pity we live so far apart. I supply all the neighbours with them when they are making jam or bottling beets and stuff. I always get a full jar back as a reward :)

You can sometimes get empty jam jars in the pound shops - like 3 for a quid.

Suzeanna I would prefer a smaller, less posh ship for a cruise if I was going on one. The need to dress up for dinner every night fills me with despair. I have often fancied going on one of those educational polar bound ships where you just wear casual all the time and muck in with the crew.

Owl I am glad that awful woman got caught and that the step-son is having to wait it out. Haha. Karma's a bitch!

Edited for an erroneous word

Edited by Yantan

Thank you Griff. There has been nothing wrong with me except too much happening in the past 10 months. Battle to get Auntie into hospice, Auntie dying, huge uproar as her horrid stepson who inherited the house tried to force entry immediately to seize valuable contents left to my cousins. Funeral with all kinds of undercurrents and people not speaking to each other.

Then 5 weeks after Auntie went, Mum went to join her. Another funeral with loads of people, then a ton of paperwork for probate. Clearing the house and loft, selling the house, deciding where to live.

Amidst all this, my former good friend who first found me somewhere to live up here was arrested last November and has been in and out of court until finally, and deservedly, sentenced to 6 yrs of which 3 has to be served in jail and 3 in hostel with tag. She was a major career fraudster and on the UK most wanted list. Helped herself to half a million to fund her gambling habit, and nearly half of that came from one lady who runs a rescue where this evil being got herself installed as treasurer. The rescue lady sold her house to buy a smaller one and foolishly let the evil one get her hands on the proceeds.

The only reason she was friendly with me, and frankly she was a bit suffocating, is that she saw me as her favourite kind of target. She goes for older single women with no family who may inherit a house, and tries to isolate them from their friends and get them completely dependent on her. At the same time she was working on me, she was making the most appalling accusations against me to others. Luckily no one believed her. If they had done I would have been ostracized.

If it had not been for the determination of one particular Fraud Squad officer, she would have got away with it. There are still people who support her cause and think she is innocent, such is her ability to persuade people.

On reading back all the above, and considering it happened in less than a year, I believe my tiredness is the logical outcome.

I think you are 100 % right , what a huge emotional burden you have had to shoulder , I hope the coming years are peaceful and kind for you

• Like 1

Lauryl and hardy, i get mine from ikea...do you have one near you? they are the ones with the rubber seal and snap lock lids...mums mate gets them off ebay i think. must start getting my pickling stuff ready, nearly perfected my mate andys recipe... he died without writing down his pickled onion formula and we have all bee trying for 15 years to get it right...i was very very nearly there last year Lol

Suzeanna, go with what suits you..if it is cheaper but easier it doesn't really matter..my brother thinks i am a tramp as i got the coach to see him, it was o.k when he lived in the city but now he is near lewisham i have to get another coach too and it is a bit confusing...he just keeps saying "oh get the train" ermmm the train is dead expensive compared to the coach

Lauryl and hardy, i get mine from ikea...do you have one near you? they are the ones with the rubber seal and snap lock lids...mums mate gets them off ebay i think. must start getting my pickling stuff ready, nearly perfected my mate andys recipe... he died without writing down his pickled onion formula and we have all bee trying for 15 years to get it right...i was very very nearly there last year Lol

Suzeanna, go with what suits you..if it is cheaper but easier it doesn't really matter..my brother thinks i am a tramp as i got the coach to see him, it was o.k when he lived in the city but now he is near lewisham i have to get another coach too and it is a bit confusing...he just keeps saying "oh get the train" ermmm the train is dead expensive compared to the coach

Marion yes, and I dont come to the lakes often enough to call round and collect them when i am there

Those are the kilner style ones and my faves, but as i give the jam and chutneys away I dont really want to fork out all that cash for them, besides I would have to buy hundreds.

Yes Ika near me is Ashton under Lyne, or warrington which is a little further in the opposite direction