UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Stonking Stirrings

merledogs

Lol, amazing how many people do go on a mission on their scooters and are completely stumped when the batteries run out. Some of the lads down the club had an alcoholic brother, he came down a dual carriageway on his scooter from birmingham way.... he got there fine, headed back and the batteries went and he was broken down on the dual carriageway, the police had to call a police van to pick him up... he was drunk as a lord too

Jazz, have a good time

Another delivery today, tiles, adhesive, tile edgers wood etc. One box of tiles smashed to pieces and we have had to go to the local wickes'....who don't have any in stock, they are going to fetch them from northampton for us

I have an amazon firestick so I can now watch iplayer on my telly here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-W87CUN-Fire-TV-Stick/dp/B00KAKUN3E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443338005&sr=8-1&keywords=FIRE+STICK

This morning I have taken a day off work ( not because I have a firestick ) and I have been watching Casualty , I have not seen it in 20 + years and bugger me Charlie is still in it

Congratulations Jayne...very well done!!!

Sam, i am looking at getting a fire tablet...well 3 actually Lol, my dad could do with one for at work...something to do on his dinner, mum could just do with one ...because Lol and i need one to download some programmes to for a trip i am hoping to be well enough to do next month...only for a few hours but i will go bonkers if my ipod runs out of juice Lol

Edited by griff

Thanks guys. Just woken up from a sleep on the sofa - legs feeling ok, lady area not so ok :unsure: :laugh: I raised £55 for the British Heart Foundation (only set up my just giving page on Thursday too!), so it was a successful night :)

Apparently Duffy came back to casualty the other week in a storyline to save Charlie. I've not watched it for a few years, but they were talking about it at the farm the other week :)

Jayne very well done :flowers:

I remember sitting down to watch the first ever episode of Casualty with Ewan the hospital administrator, Charlie, nurse Megan (Brenda Fricker who went on to win an Oscar) and Duffy. I followed it for a fair few years but like with everything I do I eventually get bored and wander off. As I only got into Grey's Anatomy a couple of years ago, even though it's been running since 2005, it made me wonder how Casualty was doing so I have looked in from time to time over the last year. It has changed so much - beyond being recognisable apart from when Charlie pops up. He must be heading for his seventies by now :ohno02:

Has any one seen the Sky production of Critical? Wow! that is a great hospital drama and very, very realistic as well as being different from any other hospital series. I hope it goes to a second series.

Taking my car for it's £20 valet. Archie and I are going to walk to the park after to spend the waiting time. They opened a dog friendly cafe in the museum, which is sited partially in the park, so we may stop in there and have a cuppa.

Good luck with the fence men turning up Jazz.

Setting an alarm to get up at 3.40am to see the blood moon wasn't so bad...not going back to sleep before OH's alarm going off at 6.20...not so good!

As if battalions of orb spiders wasn't enough when I go out to feed the cats, now caterpillars are dropping on me from the trees overhead! I don't mind being close to nature, but I object to having to pick nature out of my hair :confused:

so you will be wearing a hat then lol

the woman at head office hadn't rung them at 8.15 like promised, good job I was on the phone to remind her as they opened at 9, she then rung them while I was on the phone, they had just left, and have an hour or so journey

I will stay calm when they get here, I wont mention this is the third attempt at getting here

yea right! let bloody rip more like!

Right Yantan...and how long will it stay like that?? :D I hate spiders...I'm sure the ones in the compound are conspiring against me. I have a good look to make sure I know where they are, so I won't walk into a web when it's getting dark, then the blighters decamp and start webs right where I have to walk. I just went to move the wheelie bin that the grass cuttings go into, and a big one gallumped out from under the handle. I may have screamed a bit. I don't mind earwigs, woodlice, snakes etc but spiders..ugh.

Edited by suzeanna