UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Stonking Stirrings

merledogs

OMG sam, please please keep an eye on yourselves, so very very pleased you are both o.k.... someone is deffo watching over you

Jazz, hope they get the fence sorted

Yantan....bargain, i used to love valeting cars...got all the proper gear too

Gooster, very very good luck on your ride

Hospital news was not good, never mind. I did have a bit of a shock, expecting 2 consultants and walked in to find 4 consultants a junior doctor and a nurse, lovely thing was though my old chest consultant came all the way from leicester to see me

Aargh Sam, how scary. You and Mark probably have a team of guardian angels working to make sure you remain on this earthly plane. And they are probably all dogs, cats or ellies. Well, why not?

Jazz, sorry to hear the news was not good. But it's a relief to see you are getting proper care.

Jayne, good luck with the ride.

Suzeanna, I an sure you would enjoy a fjord cruise. I loved my visit to Norway. From what I hear, it is the Med cruises which attract the wining, dining and group activities fans. A net contact of mine went on one, and was amazed by the number of passengers who never left the ship and had no interest in exploring ashore.

I think it was you who asked if my horrid ex-friend's victims will get their money back. The answer is, not much of it if any. I believe that forensic accountants are still trying to track it down but it seems that most of it was gambled away. Sadly some of the victims of the earlier South Wales frauds died before seeing her arrested.

I bought two pieces of furniture for new house. I had seen them in this huge second hand furniture store near me and been very tempted, but wanted to get my sister's opinion on whether they would suit the house. She thought they would so I bought them, and the store will wait till I move and then deliver. So I now own a neat oak sideboard with brass owls as drawer and cupboard handles, and an imposing 7 ft high Italian display cabinet which will keep all my treasures safe from my dyspraxic self and my boingy pointer.

I am glad I had gas engineer to do safety survey and service the boiler. Boiler good, heating good, gas fire in lounge dangerous and a fire hazard! It was sitting in the hearth of the old fireplace and the chimney had not been adapted, so there were inflammable materials e.g. old tar in the chimney. He disconnected it and capped off the gas pipe. Full electrical survey was done today. Wonder what that will uncover, as I suspect a bit of DIY involved.

• Like 2

Good Grief Owl....it does make me wonder what goes through peoples minds faffing about with gas...stuff like that terrifies me.

Thanks Jazz, i am o.k...my treatment isn't working so all has to be put up and if that doesn't work i am back to chemo drips.

Been for a couple of pints...not allowed to drink but behaving isn't helping, feel happier and was made to laugh a lot

Hospital news was not good, never mind. I did have a bit of a shock, expecting 2 consultants and walked in to find 4 consultants a junior doctor and a nurse, lovely thing was though my old chest consultant came all the way from leicester to see me

sorry to hear your news was not good and I am glad your night out was a good one :)

I bought two pieces of furniture for new house. I had seen them in this huge second hand furniture store near me and been very tempted, but wanted to get my sister's opinion on whether they would suit the house. She thought they would so I bought them, and the store will wait till I move and then deliver. So I now own a neat oak sideboard with brass owls as drawer and cupboard handles, and an imposing 7 ft high Italian display cabinet which will keep all my treasures safe from my dyspraxic self and my boingy pointer.

I am glad I had gas engineer to do safety survey and service the boiler. Boiler good, heating good, gas fire in lounge dangerous and a fire hazard! It was sitting in the hearth of the old fireplace and the chimney had not been adapted, so there were inflammable materials e.g. old tar in the chimney. He disconnected it and capped off the gas pipe. Full electrical survey was done today. Wonder what that will uncover, as I suspect a bit of DIY involved.

the new furniture sounds lovely especially the brass owls :)

was the previous owner Sri Lankan by any chance ? DIY electrics seem to be the norm here !!!! I must get you a photo of the "universal" plug my vet team use to power the AC on the surgery truck , I have to walk by it with my eyes closed

have woken up ( always a good start to the day ) with nothing more than a slightly stiff neck so all in all not bad at all

I might have bought another scooter lol

you are a scooterholic !!!! do you have any photos of your growing scooter collection :)

Insurance is pretty much the same here as the UK I understand and I do have very good insurance that my head vet arranged for me but more importantly the other party had insurance as well and the have accepted full responsibility to the police. You might remember that once upon a time I was a derailment and train crash investigator so with that head on I jumped out and took a series of photos and videos from all angles showing the position of every thing , skid marks on the road and the damage to both cars just in case thats needed.

Sam, always wise to take photos ,my next door neighbour had a slight bump caused by the other party...barely any damage to her car and his vehicle was a massive van, collision at low speed and he tried to sue for whiplash...not only that but he said his wife was in the vehicle too..she came out of the house afterwards. My neighbour stated this but he had his wife and son to back him up.

Morning Merledogs, it was nice to see my friends, i got given some little bell chillies too, i just have to watch how much i use Lol

Jazz, do you pimp your scooters?? One bit of being a mechanic is i can't leave anything as standard, i have to add to it lol

well what happened, so it wasn't my fault ... is my big scooter is going slow, so rung the man I got it off, who said they were new batteries, so should be ok, so he came round, put new batteries on, but didn't make much difference, so thought id sell it and get another, but need solid tyres, there is so much glass on the paths. he said ive got a little one in the van, cheap as its a bit tatty. I tried it, 'for a friend who is wanting one' ooo its nippy, so had a look online and its a very good one.

sooo if these batteries don't make a difference, ill sell the big one. but, its really comfy .....

and they all fit in the shed....

I don't pimp them, I don't wash them, but should. I walked back to it the other day and felt sorry for it, working hard for me and its full of dirt

im sorry the drugs arnt working. im here if you want a chat xx