UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jesting Jollies

Jazz

Am rather excited to be meeting Jayne tomorrow

I am dropping the dogstarmobile ( 4x4 ) at the garage in the morning as the AC pipe is buggered and the gas is leaking out so Mark is picking Jayne up one of the tuktuks which should be an experience for her as people still stand open mouthed when Mark drives past ( westerners don't normally drive tuktuks )

• Like 1

I am dropping the dogstarmobile ( 4x4 ) at the garage in the morning as the AC pipe is buggered and the gas is leaking out so Mark is picking Jayne up one of the tuktuks which should be an experience for her as people still stand open mouthed when Mark drives past ( westerners don't normally drive tuktuks )

Can we get a photo, please.

• Like 1

:biggrin: Can't wait :biggrin: I am hoping his driving style is a bit less Sri Lankan than I have experienced so far in a tuk tuk :laugh: My phone is fully charged all ready to take lots of pics in between shaving dogs bits :)

Moaning :tired:

Don't read if squeamish. The good thing about being perimenopausal is that you don't have periods very often. The bad thing about being perimenopausal is that when you do it's more like a hemorrhage, with everything else amplified as well, like the backache :(

I can relate Alex - for those who are squeamish I've written the rest of my reply in the spoiler below.

I have on occasion skipped a month but I'm still having a kind of regular cycle it just varies now and again from 3 weekly to 6 weekly but its horrendous if its delayed. Last month was only the 2nd time I have had to take time off work due to a period in my entire adult life and both times have been in the last 12 months since entering peri-menopause. I had swollen up with water retention to the point where I had to physically force my feet into a pair of adjustable sandals on their widest fastening, my back was killing me, my boobs were sending shooting stabbing pains through me every now and again which took my breath away and the flow was so bad I was using triple protection and still needing to change it in under an hour. I am also passing huge clots most months now rarely this can mean a shorter bleed of 5 days but more often than not its still a full 7 days. I'm 53 next month and I honestly thought I would have seen more gaps between bleeds by now or at least lighter/shorter monthlies but no such luck. I have definitely noticed a correlation between my back pain & mobility with where I am in my "cycle" straight after a bleed I am far far more active and able to walk/stand for longer. I'm fed up with the way my body & brain are behaving and starting to wonder if its ever going to end *sigh*

Snow and Alex. There is an end to it. I was the same as you until finally I had my last period in March last year. I feel so much better. I got heartily sick of the "on again, off again" routine - actually routine is the wrong word as there simply was no routine about it. The phase you are both going through now lasted for about 3 years for me. Hang in there girls!

I had that trouble Snow..a D&C improved things no end, HRT also helped (my lady doctor at the time gave me it before I started the menopause proper, and I sailed through it with no problems, thank heavens. My mother was a nightmare when she had the menopause..mind you she was pretty bad before it!

My Dr won't give me HRT Sue I was on it before moving to Wales but my gp surgery here thinks the risks outweigh the benefits and doesn't like prescribing it so took me off it (mind you at that point things weren't as bad as this) and as I wasn't too keen on hrt myself I didn't bother to argue with him, wishing I had now. I have got my BP check up this month so I'm going to have a chat with them about it - if nothing else I would really like something to reduce the water retention as thats getting really bad some months.

For those who don't like the C word look away now :ninja: ........... Amazon are doing a special deal of 4 colouring or activity books for £10 some of the books included are usually £10 EACH - I've just bought 8 fantastic lucky bag pressies of "colour with me" books which allow people to share the same design and see who colours it in best lol these are perfect for the couples bags I'm doing so they can have 1 book between 2 and best of all I got £80 of books for £20 thats a snowy bonus bargain LOL

I am back from my first day at Dogstar. After rather embarrassingly passing out and landing on poor Sam :unsure: :laugh: , I managed to survive the rest of the day without passing out :biggrin: Have spent the day shaving dogs tummies and testicles (which are surprisingly tricky to do) and actually managed to microchip a dog without passing out/making the poor dog bleed/waking the dog up :biggrin: Am back for more of the same tomorrow :)

• Like 2

Just a spay and castration. I am not good with needles (fine with blood though) and most of the injecting was done whilst their tummies were being shaved and ear tips done. Have passed out watching surgery before, but only with the needles - never with anything else (have watched squint surgery and been absolutely fine and that is a really gruesome op!)