UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jesting Jollies

Jazz

That must be a wonderful feeling, Yantan.

Interesting selection of hydrangeas and cute dog.

I was in an upsetting situation today. I don't feel calm enough to write about it yet in detail, but let's say that all the discussion about whether or not it is legal to break a car window to rescue an overheated dog has gone to some folk's heads. I would be the first to heave a brick to save a life, but anyone who threatens to do it when the dogs concerned were not even warm let alone distressed and a human is sitting in the car with a jacket on is an idiot. I am glad I kept my temper, as I always do rather than upset dogs who are scared when humans quarrel. But the lady really pushed it, taking photos of me and the car and standing next to the car phoning the dog warden and telling a pack of lies in my hearing. Shouting at me and insulting me I was cheered up a bit to find someone has the whole thing on film with sound. Good thing I didn't swear!

morning

where was I? didn't get the yorkie in a pound in spain. they told me they were getting him out, then they didn't, so I said don't worry. suddenly, they have the most perfect dog, in Essex, in foster with the rescue owner. get 40 minutes interrogation, pass that, shes ringing in the evening to say when shes bringing him. 9.30 she rings to say shes keeping him! then goes on and on about how she cant cope with the 3 shes got! so I go from upset to ruddy annoyed and gave her what for!

so my friends have seen pictures of 2 im definitely getting, and now arnt. Its a new rescue but they wont be going long like that. oh, and the dog in spain, I wont be getting till September! who is going to wait that long, not knowing if the dog will be right in your home. shes telling me a cocker they rehomed last week is biting everyone!

but. my friend told me about one in rescue, spoke to the rescue last night, if I can get to great Yarmouth I can have her

I hope you feel better about that altercation yesterday Owl. It's one thing to be concerned about the welfare of a dog left alone in a hot car but on a cool day with a human sitting inside too? It sounds more like she was just out for fight and needed to upset someone for whatever warped reason. Anyone that knows you knows you wouldn't put a dog in danger in any way. Keep your chin up :GroupHug:

Now does anyone know where I might have put my old passport so I can apply for a new one without going through the process from scratch?

Sorry to hear you went through that Owl, not needed and does more harm than good to all concerned. Hope you have recovered from it.

I am going to Romania tomorrow, with work. I might get to meet a lady I *know* through Facebook who does lots of rescue and TNR over there.

It is rainy today, but we put our fence panel up yesterday for our patio! Which is nearly complete 😄 xxx

Has anyone any idea of how long a bad reaction to a sting (I think) should last in a dog? Rosie came in from the garden last evening and was very agitated, chewing her feet and legs and rubbing herself on the floor, rushing from one room to another. I realised then that her face was swollen, especially on the right side, and then she started struggling with her breathing. She snorts at the best of times, but she was obviously having a lot of trouble. We gave her a Piriton, and debated calling the vet but she did seem slightly better. We had a broken night with her, she didn't really go to sleep until past 1. This morning her face was ok, gave her another Piriton and she settled down and went to sleep for several hours (alright for some!). However, now she's panting and snorting again, no sign of swelling though and obviously still itchy. I spoke to the vet and he said it will resolve on it's own but he could give her a steroid injection if necessary. I was going to give her another Piriton in a bit...but how long should I wait if she's no better? I'd hate for it to affect her heart or something.

all the nice dogs are up north. whats wrong with us southerners!

but I am originally from macclesfield

I live 10 minutes up the Silk road, small world

hello all :wave4: was in London for the weekend so see the mighty AC/DC in action great concert was in the moshpit for all it, disgraceful behavour in your middle age lol. On a less cheery note Cliffy went into kennels for 3 days, became destructive and wasnt himself when i picked him up, also he stunk to high heaven which was blamed on him 'getting wet', well he gets wet at home and doesnt smell like that, needles to say he will never be going back to that kennels ever again, and its a kennels we all know of too, shame as i was expecting more from them.

And for some reason he went through 7 days food in 3 so they definately overfed him which isnt good for him

That's not good Nigel, I take it you hadn't used them before? Rosie always comes out of kennels with a bit of extra weight and Dylan used to come out thinner, so I can only assume she used to scoff his too. Have your ears recovered from AC/DC yet?

Rosie is asleep but snorting like you wouldn't believe...if she's no different tomorrow, she's off to the vet.

I love AC/DC

My Georgie went into anaphylactic shock when he tried to eat a bee Suzeanna so glad that hasn't happened to Rosie. Do you have a number for a veterinary advice line with your insurance that you could ring?

I found my old passport.

merlin has a terrible reaction to pollen, hes always scratching and is going bald in places he can chew. hes on piriton, but is going to the groomer on Thursday

ive got loads of dogs combs, but can I find one? nope

I haven't found my passport. ive found jerry lees lol