UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Junes Jolly Japes

Jazz

It's too hot to be trying to tally my invoices against £ paid and otherwise getting my bookwork in order. It's giving me a headache and the stress is triggering my hot flushes!

My neighbour gave me two sugar free digestive biscuits. I didn't really want them as sugar free usually means tasteless. Anyway I did take them, made a coffee and tentatively tried one. They are lovely! Each one is about half the calories of a "normal" digestive. My trouble with biccies is that I can have a packet in the house and ignore them whilst they are unopened but as soon as I open them and have one I keep on going!

Alex our Sky fibre broadband has been a bit disappointing in the speeds it was delivering. I notice a BT techie working on the junction box at the top of our street the other week. It's been a bit faster since then. For most things the speed it delivers is OK, the internet is fast but what we really find long winded is the download of programmes to the Sky box. How long does it take you to download say an hour long programme or a film?

Hi ya Loobie...waves madly!!!!

Gooster, how long until you head off now?

Merledogs, glad bt have finally got you sorted out

Yantan, could i have the name of the sugar free biccies please??

Been to the hospital, spent 30 minutes with my consultant, i am having a flair up he feels so i have to increase my treatment again...boo!!! as i this means i will put more weight on, i have had a chest xray today, he is booking me for more cts and some more breathing tests and is going to try and get my on a combined clinic with my old chest consultant who returns every couple of months, i hope thi is the case as otherwise i will be having to travel from home to leicester and it would be too much for me.... i would have to stay the night before in a hotel so i am hoping above hope that he will get me booked on the combined clinic

Griff I think the bisquits are made by a firm called Gullon. My neighbour bought hers in the little Spa shop near us after the lady serving in Boots told her about them.

Hope you get sorted with your consultations without the need to stay over.

Suzeanna, it is about 30 miles if you drive, in my case it will either have to be the train or the bus either of which will involve changes and a couple of hours travel i would guess.. the hospital isn't in the town centre

i have every faith Dr D will sort it out for me. it will be easier to have me being cared for in one place

Thanks Yantan, i shall go and have a bit of a google, i need to watch what i eat again very carefully..boo

editted to say, i have seen those biccies in the 99p shop and apparently aldi have stocked them before at 69p and home bargains have had them too...so i can pick some up to try and not be gutted at the cost if i don't like them

Edited by griff

It's 4 weeks on Sunday till I fly :)

Have got the feeling I have a battle ahead of me - back in March, I saw my GP about my acne and he said he would refer me to a dermatologist. When I got back from Mexico, I hadn't heard anything, so I phoned the doctors and the referral hadn't been done. So anyway, the referral was done and I got my choose and book letter. I chose my local hospital and it said I should hear from them by the 28th April. At the beginning of May, I went for my hep A and typhoid jabs and queried the fact that I hadn't heard anything. The receptionist told me that choose and book couldn't fit me in, so I had joined the regular waiting list. My skin had calmed down a bit, so I didn't chase it. However it has flared up recently, so I decided to see where I was up to. I phoned the hospital and they had no record of any referral or appointments. So when I got home, I rang choose and book and they said there was a note on my file saying that the service was discontinued and no referral was possible :angry: :angry: Nobody had informed me of this fact, but choose and book can't refer me to a different hospital without my GP getting involved again. Am so peeved, as am now going to have to go back to the beginning of the referral

Pathway, which means an 18 week wait.

Sorry to hear your news Louise :(

Marion even though I have very fast BT infinity broadband downloads to the Sky box can vary widely in speed, especially if the film/program is in HD sometimes I can watch it as its downloading other times I can't, I think the speeds are affected by Sky and the box rather than the broadband connection.

I spoke to my neighbours daughter last night he has broken his neck and had a bleed along the spine, with his age and frailty they won't operate and its unlikely that even if he recovers from the neck injury that he will be able to walk again. We had a long chat and she mentioned that she knew why we had padlocked our side gate and she had agreed with us doing it even though her father had taken umbridge at it but she understood it wasn't acceptable for him to keep coming in our garden and climbing over the wall and that he had given me a hell of a fright when I was in the bathroom. She didn't know about me finding him on the shed roof or about him using our plastic patio chairs to stand on - all of which were very dangerous and another reason why I had to resort to a padlock not to mention the fact I was worried about Nog and now Baddie reacting to a strange man in the garden or him leaving the side gate open etc. She hadn't realised who I was either as she knew my parents and so she now knows I've known her dad for almost 30 years and know the history of the house etc. She mentioned they were getting a builder in and gardener to sort out the back so I asked about the wall which is now in a highly dangerous state leaning well over into my garden and almost touching my shed - in fact the only thing holding the entire wall up is our conifers. I explained her dad had agreed he was responsible for the wall years ago with my mum and again when we spoke to him about it several times after we moved in and that he said he would get it sorted but never had and that we were getting very concerned that it would fall especially now we have a grandchild visiting. They are getting it taken down but it wont be for a couple of months as they have to sort out the whole of his back garden but it is now going to be being dealt with, I said we'd be happy if they replaced it with a wood panel fence rather than the 6' brick wall if they wanted to keep the costs down and are more than happy to allow access for the builder to do the work provided they keep us informed and be aware we have a dog so need the garden to be secure even while the work is being done.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear about Diesel xx

Haven't checked up on everything but Hi to loobie and greys mum.

We have been out tracking 3 days in succession. A very fit but deaf 15 yr old spaniel got herself lost in cornfields and emerged on to the huge network of footpaths and bridleways near us which includes various stately homes and wooded estates. We have covered lots of ground. Raining today so have day off.

Edited by owl