UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Welsh Wizardry

merledogs

Oooo likey new car very much!

I have just quit a 20mile run half way through. My head and heart isn't in it, but I got to the start line which was impressive in its self after sleeping for 2 hours after parkrun yesterday. I have felt quite run down since coming back from Spain at Christmas and I can't seem to shake it. Ah well Back to the drawing board...

• Like 1

Don't beat yourself up Mary. I haven't trained at all since Monday. I went to the gym on Friday and they had cancelled my class. The old me would have gone to the farm, sorted Blue out and then gone back to the gym. However am just on the path to burn out at the moment, so sacked the gym off, went to the farm and then went home and put my pjs on. Sometimes you need to listen to your body and take a step back, then you'll come back fighting fit. I love having a nana nap on the sofa in the afternoon, think sleep really helps your body to recover :flowers:

Am a bit cross with my mum right now. We always said that we would go to New York this year, so I have been keeping an eye on flights etc and whenever there has been a sale on them, I've told her and said we should book them. She has always dragged her feet though, so I figured that we wouldn't be going this year, as every time I have mentioned it, she has said that we'll see. I have been trying to plan my other trips for this year and how much they are likely to cost me so I can arrange time off work etc. yesterday mum and dad came round and mum asked when we were going to New York! There are no flight sales on at the moment and I didn't think she was wanting to go! I had said I'd like to go in May, but because she hadn't said anything, I have started booking work in now. And once I have work booked I won't cancel it unless I really have to. The flights are coming in at £1100 return for both of us, whereas when I looked before, they were £800 for both of us :rolleyes:

Gooster, your mum must understand that you are self employed so it isn't as simple as just thinking right i will book xyz days off, you have to think about how much it is really going to cost you...cost of flights etc but also not being able to book the work in, at least when employed you get paid for your holiday, i can understand why you would be annoyed

Merledogs, nice shiney car!!!!!

Murtle, you started and that sounds like it is more than you should have done, i hope you feel a bit better soon, do you think a trip to the dr to get your blood levels checked would be a good idea?

i have to go and see my consultant wednesday.... i don't think this is going to go well Lol i have put a lot of weight on through my treatment, over 2 stone since i started and my bmi now puts me as overweight... i have never ever ever been overweight in my life and i want it to stop, basically he needs to fix this and i won't be happy if he tells me he can't

Thanks Griff. I have been trying to plan New York since about September last year with her. Just gave up in the end and moved on to other trips instead. I can get return flights to Sri Lanka for £600 in July. So am thinking of seeing Sam and Mark and then heading over to the east coast to do some diving and stuff. I was planning to visit in December, but I've been invited on a diving holiday then with my scuba friends. So I'm having to rejig my plans and itinerary a bit for Sri Lanka as I'll have to visit the east coast for my diving and the better weather.