UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Welsh Wizardry

merledogs

mum had gone to her manager and said she didn't want to make it offical but told him of the problems, he had said he would speak to all involved and have a catch up with my mum a few days later...that never happened as he said "he didn't realsie they were having a catchup" luckily mum has her union rep with her who said yes you id say that, she should have had a meeting today with him...he still hasn't spoken to the people involved, the boss over the whole of the call centre has been told via an email that one member of staff left and this woman was the cause, her answer was basically "yeah and". i think that it will now have to be official and no doubt my mum will get the blame, however there are several others who have had the same treatment and will back mum up, the union have said if she has to leave she will have no problem in winning a constructive dismissal case, it is just hard watching her going through this... i know i can do something about it but the problem being if i do, it will definitely cost my mum her job and her case for dismissal

Jazz, hope you are allowed to bid on it if it is the one you want and good luck with the vascular surgeon

Suzeanna, people constantly do it don't they? they get off at the top and then stand there looking round to see which bit they want to go to... what about actually walking 3 feet forward and then looking!

Edited by griff

Well really Griff the union rep should be moving this through a formal grievance procedure with sit downs with the line manager(s) with the associated paper trail. If management are refusing to adhere to their own grievance procedure (and by law they should have one) after formal requests from the union rep and/or your mum then she'll walk a pro constructive dismissal decision - but, unless she really wants to leave, that should only be an if-all-else-fails option. Your mum could request that a union employee from branch come in and deal with this, or at least give advice, as honestly the union rep should be doing better than this!

I hope you are feeling better soon :GroupHug: and that your mum gets the above resolved to her satisfaction :GroupHug:

i think it is my mum holding back Yantan, the union can't proceed without her approval, i guess she knows once she does it things will get a whole lot worse, i suppose she thinks/hopes the manager will man up and say something and do his job. She went to see him a couple of weeks back and said that she didn't want to make it official yet but could he have a word etc... she has informed him that she will go official if needs be so he is fully aware of how serious she views the problem. It would be nice for somebody who is paid to do a job to actually do it and look after their staff.

Edited by griff

Griff - have there been minutes of each meeting, signed off by both parties and agreeing any actions? If not there should be, regardless of whether it's official or not. They sound horrible.

We've moved desks today. The jury's out on whether I like it or not.

Edited by merledogs

Nephew is called Freddie....however, they have called him baby bosh throughout the pregnancy so I think that might be hard to change for the older one as he is adamant that baby is called baby bosh!!

Good luck with the bid Jazz.

Sending mommy Griff love and hugs, what a horrible situation to be in. I wish they services that nasty work people could be sent to, to talk through their problems!!

Lol...well the baby has a nickname....better than mine, i was muppet Lol

Alex, there are no notes as if either party pick up a pen it is deemed as official.... it is the council too which makes things worse

Murtle, you are right, this woman is awful, she has bullied so many people, went to mediation with lad, blamed him for it all and then 2 weeks after mediation yelled at him in front of the whole office

I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks. Hubby said its initials had to be DP after Deep Purple, I was convinced it was a boy, instantly said david, and that was that. David Phillip is now 26

Edited by Jazz

I knew from the start about david, but didn't know with lewis, if a girl, was going to be Ashley, but if a boy, hubby wanted the initials RS for rolling stones, or he be called Keith Richard (hubby was Richard). 2 weeks before he was born, Keith Richards was on TV. there was no way my son was going to be called after him

Lewis Matthew is 25 lol

Hello everyone , I am back in Sri Lanka after a few days in Instanbul attending a dog population management conference

I am on a bit of a internet rant , this is something I saw on Facebook last night which is both heart breaking and uplifting

The link to some photos of an overweight man in the UK who was dancing in public and some shallow low life scumbag took photos of him , started laughing at him and then "body shamed" him which basically means posting photos of him online laughing at him and encouraging others to do the same

The 2nd photo of him is heartbreaking , simply heartbreaking and amazingly some amazing women in America decided to track him down and offered to throw him a party , its gone viral and there is a crowding sourcing page to cover all the costs which heaps of people are donating to,

I posted this on Facebook ( and everywhere else I can ) body shaming is cruel and spiteful and we all need to follow these american womens example and stand up to it

This is fantastic , I hope the guy has an awesome dance party

the Internet is full of smug shallow shitbags with self esteem issues taking photos of people they think are too fat or old and poking fun at them and calling it body shaming

Body shaming is bullying pure and simple , if you feel the need to judge someone judge them on their actions and deeds not what they look like

• Like 1