UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fine Findings

Jazz

my friend said she was coming at 8.30. I said no but she doesn't listen to that, so set the alarm for 7.30, all washed dressed and all of us fed. she didn't come. Im glad, but will be tired later

Must change my clothes as im going for dinner with my sons. Rarely see them together

the dogs have already had their 10am treat, we have been up too long lol

I've just been looking for travel insurance...single trip, to Europe, but was honest and put down about my breast cancer. Tesco won't cover me at all, and going through the medical travel sites, the cheapest for us as a couple is nearly £90! It's ridiculous, why so much? I've had a clear mammogram, I'm not having any treatment, and even if something suddenly appeared whilst I was on holiday, I wouldn't even know about it until my next checkup. Makes me so cross. :mad1:

Alicia that's not on. I hope your friend has a good excuse for the no show! I hope you have a nice dinner with your sons :flowers:

Our new DW rang earlier to say she'd have to leave coming for Archie until this afternoon (she's walking him every day this week) as she had been in accident this morning and likely written her car off! She said luckily her husband is off work this week so she can use his car. She sounded her usual happy smiley self (I have never known someone with such a happy disposition) and was just thankful she had no dogs in the car. She was determined to carry on even though I told her she could leave Archie if she felt at all shaky.

Suzeanna that's rather shocking regarding travel insurance. I hope you find a more reasonable insurer :flowers:

Talking of insurance I've had Archie's renewal through this morning. It's from NCI who Axa is passing us on too. It's gone up to £32.06 a month from £20.09. There are also extra conditions to the policy because of his age. I know he's 11, almost 12, but we've never had a claim and he's super fit apart from his acid reflux. I think I might just put the £32 aside in a separate account every month and use that if he needs it. If he should need expensive treatment I can use my savings. When I first got him insured it was £6 a month.

Well, my daughter reminded me there was an article in the paper yesterday and they gave some medical travel comparison sites, so I had a look, entered all our various ailment and got a quote of just over £41! I did it...sure there must be an error...but got the confirmation email and all the details are right so I'm glad I checked.

• Like 2

I got a letter from AXA telling me that if I did not want my details passed to NCI I was to phone them and tell them.

I did.

I have moved Murphy to Tesco.

He is 10 with no claims- a dew claw, a wart and two lumps removed but the cost was below the two excesses that would have applied. Total bill was £125 which I thought was a bargain.

Options are limited because of his age and I was crosseyed by the time I had finished researching. All companies have drawbacks.

I expect the premium will shoot up next year, after first year benefits are lost, as they all do but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Cleo is covered until August but I am looking at options for changing her now.

the scooter is in for a service, ive got a few bits in asda and a lovely meal with both sons.

someone keeps unlocking the top bolt on the garden gate, luckily cant get to the bottom one. now ill be out and about with the scooter, ill need a lock on it. ive got one somewhere

Ladies thank you. I got quotes from both Tesco and MoreThan and both are significantly cheaper than my quote. I also tried a comparison site and found a few cheaper quotes there too. However I think I may go with MoreThan if I do decide to carry the insurance on.

OK take a look at this story of Sissy who ran away from home to go and find her mum in the hospital :wub:

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/dog-ran-away-to-visit-mom-in-hospital/

I am finally back online properly after moving... Diesel dog has a swollen face, vet says best we can hope for is infection on jaw line as it is in the wrong place to be caused by a tooth, he is in for anesthetic tomorrow to try and find the cause as 4 days so far anti biotics etc its actually got bigger not smaller... I've also booked eddie and holly in for dentals so all 3 dogs will be in the vets tomorrow... its going to be a horrid and long day

Ladies thank you. I got quotes from both Tesco and MoreThan and both are significantly cheaper than my quote. I also tried a comparison site and found a few cheaper quotes there too. However I think I may go with MoreThan if I do decide to carry the insurance on.

OK take a look at this story of Sissy who ran away from home to go and find her mum in the hospital :wub:

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/dog-ran-away-to-visit-mom-in-hospital/

Remember to check the excess. Tesco is a fixed excess as AXA was but Morethen has a fixed excess plus a percentage

What an amazing little dog.

My son has just sent a video of my 3 year old grandson riding his new bike to the supermarket about half a mile away accompanied by mum and dad.

The cat decided to follow and can be seen trotting along behind the bike all the way there and all the way home again.

They moved house at the end of November. Maybe the cat thought the family were on the move again and didn't want left behind.

• Like 1