UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fine Findings

Jazz

I've just inspected the hire car I've got and there are scratches and dinks all over it. Some will be from grit on the roads when they were gritting this week, but there are several scratches around the rear wheel which I have no idea how they happened. I'm fuming because now I'll have another bill to pay no doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the scratches were there before because they did the classic trick of delivering the car wet (usually a used car salesman trick) so it's harder to see any damage.

Hopefully they won't inspect it too closely Alex. I know when I was given a courtesy car, any pre existing scrapes and dents on it were marked on the paperwork that Audi had. They also pointed them out to me when I took the car.

Hello February :)

It's another beautiful day here - I could get used to this :laugh:

I knew I could smell poo! found it, wedged between the sofa cushions, so they have all been cleaned. all the dogs bedding is washed, so hope it smells better in here

I once wrote off a motor bike with 7 miles on the clock. wasn't mine, told them there was a fault, but would the male instructers listen?

Alex, did they take you round the vehicle with them whilst noting down damage? also if wet they should have noted down vehicle wet, i used to have to do it when i dent checked cars before taking them off customers and would always note down vehicle wet/ extremely dirty etc. i would wait and see if they say anything.

Moaning :tired:

Alex, did they take you round the vehicle with them whilst noting down damage? also if wet they should have noted down vehicle wet, i used to have to do it when i dent checked cars before taking them off customers and would always note down vehicle wet/ extremely dirty etc. i would wait and see if they say anything.

They said there wasn't any damage and I did a quick check but as the car was wet didn't notice anything. I'm not going to point it out, but they will undoubtedly check it. Just wondering if I could try and T-Cut would it remove surface scratches?

Edited by merledogs

there is a non abrasive stuff you can use, it won't damage the paintwork anymore than it already is (test it on the inside of the petrol flap first though), i have used it on my neighbours car, and my dads cars, it is Mantis scratch remover, i used to be able to pick mine up at Asda but not sure if they still sell it

it is this one you want, not the pen

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JML-Mantis-Scratch-Remover-Instantly-Restores-All-Colours-Car-Bike-Motorcycle-/191497761967?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Edited by griff