UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fine Findings

Jazz

Suzeanna, she does sometimes go abroad but she would never go in the sea... she is a larger lady.... she did try the puva light at the hospital and it did nothing for her. It is very annoying that people can upset so many people and get away with it as you say she really doesn't need the grief, hopefully it will get sorted but if not she will leave

Jazz, not all sugar free drinks contain aspartame i know that a lot of sainsburys own brand drinks are aspartame free

Ha ha ha Suzanna, sadly I am completely the reverse. My top half is a size 8 and my bottom half is a 12....makes dresses nearly impossible to find (especially as my shoulders are a 10!)

The bridesmaid dress is fitted so makes it even harder!!

I got attached to my last car, DD was fab. Lexi, not so much...

Griff hope your mom gets sorted properly as being bullied is horrible and so sad that people feel the need to.

you are quite right, i think people who bully are jealous,insecure and feel inadequate in some way and that is why they feel the need to belittle people and put them down... if i ever did that to someone i would hope to get a damn good slap

i used to get really attached to cars when i was a kid, my dad had a green austin princess and my brother and i were in tears when he was scrapping her off...we even had plans to hide in the back of her and go off with her to the scrap yard....we were about 7, the thinking was when our parents saw how attached to her we were dad would reconsider... never happened. i was a bit upset when he traded this last one in as both diez and laney travelled in it and both went to the crematorium in it

Not every type of psoriasis responds well to sunlight/PUVA. Mine doesn't. My dermatologist told me that I should never go to hot countries. I have to be very careful here when the sun is out too. I am very fair skinned and I burn which doesn't help. I had PUVA when I was in hospital, they put me under for only a matter of seconds and I got badly burned and the psoriasis flared!

Griff I have never forgotten being covered in tar based emollients and then totally wrapped in tubigrip during my 5 weeks in hospital when I first got psoriasis. Does your mum keep her skin hydrated every day? I use Hydrous cream - also known as oily cream - every day without fail. It stops that horrible flaky crust building. I just look like I am recovering from being burned with the psoriatic skin appearing as red rash which I can live with.

I am the same about cars, especially when I have had them for a long time. I was really upset when Tarquin the Astra went to a new home and then was written off 3 weeks later when the new owner hit black ice. I also still think about my Volvo and miss her greatly and wonder if she is still running.

Good luck today Sam :flowers:

• Like 1

yep Yantan, she does the emollients daily, the injections she is on are great, i don't need to get the hoover out every day now!

just rang my mum and asked if she was o.k and she said no we will leave it at that, so obviously she is having a rough time, i am getting so very very angry

Sam, hope you catch your dog

OOOOOO scones for brekky, yum yum, not had mine yet will be toast...dead adventurous me Lol

Had to take Baddie to the vet this morning, I was giving him a cuddle last night and felt a spongy lump on his tummy, this morning it was much bigger and actually visible so I rang as soon as they opened and got him in this morning. Turns out its an umbilical henia she says its a small one thankfully but she couldn't pop it back in so that suggests some of the membrane has slipped out, he needs to have surgery to fix it, so he's booked in for Wednesday morning. Luckily it looks as if I caught it just as it started so it should be a quick and easy fix, he's absolutely fine in himself, no discomfort and no loss of appetite or sickness etc. you wouldn't know there was anything wrong. I'll be worried sick on Wednesday because he's an oldie and a greyhound but he's fit and well and his heart is fine so hopefully all will be well.

dog caught and in an observation kennel , I don't think its Rabies so we are not euthanising automatically but he is very unpredictable and aggressive and has bitten 2 people in 12 hours so I can totally understand why the local restaurant owners thought he was rabid.

Both my vet and I are pretty emotionally drained as its a very tough call with these dogs and we think we have made the right choice but we could be wrong and he could be rabid , its was all pretty tense especially with lots of bystanders all giving there opinions

and people think I cuddle puppies all day !