UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fine Findings

Jazz

Moaning :tired:

Today's going to be tricky - some conversations are going to be had which will be akward, but need to be done.

On the bright side, I'm getting my car back today. Just hoping that when they collect the hire car they don't find any damage which results in me having to pay.

I'm glad it all went well yesterday Owl :flowers:

Hope your conversation turns out not to be as difficult as you think it might Alex & all goes well with the car :flowers:

I had a shed load of work dropped off yesterday. I really shouldn't be sitting here right now. I need to make a start!

One of my nephews has a birthday tomorrow so I need to go and get a scratch card to put inside his card. I won £40 on one last week :) It's funding certificates and copies of wills I need for my genealogical research.

my nan tried to trace her family, she got a professional company onto it as she was dying she wanted the results before she passed away, sadly the parish records were destroyed where her family were in ireland so she got as far back as she could and then a dead end, several others have tried but get to the same point and thats that. My dads family tree got one years and years ago, they had a certificate stating they were related to robert burns..... my nan chucked it out when she moved!!! i don't have any interest in it at all, it must be frustrating to get to a point and not be able to go any further...especially if you want to find a relative

just been out with the dogs, crikey it's a bit nippy out there, was treacherous underfoot as the dirty s*ds here don't pick up their dog mess and there are no lights on the field and there was no moon, i think i managed to miss the piles but will have to look at my boots tomorrow...yuck!

Robert Burns was such a rake that most of Scotland could have been related to him in one way or another. :confused:

Owl, i am so glad things went well for you with your mums memorial

Alex, best of luck for today, on both counts!

Wow, Yantan....really, i can still fit my school tie Lol. Don't work too hard today

Had my haircut at a different place yesterday, did a decent job i think, cheaper than my normal place, closer to home and is open on sundays too! in amongsy getting that done i was soering the garage out with my dads car...not sure if i said but he bought a new bmw, got a 5 series msport, another 3litre job, anyway he picked it up last monday, wednesday the spark plug warning light came on telling him to get them changed, he was going to pay and get it done, me and my mum went nuts and said it was covered as they said it wouldn't need a service for at least 3 months or 3000 miles, after much too'ing and fro'ing, he collected his car with no bill to pay, just getting busy pimping it now Lol

• Like 2

lets hope the surgeon does something Jazz

my dad was expecting to have to pay for the car, he said if it was the only way to get his car back he would pay it... told him he wouldn't pay and get his car back. i went in the back of it last night for the first time, it is a lot narrower than his old car...not sure i will get 2 dogs and me in there. i do know how the dvd player works though so if we go anywhere i will be very happy watching horror films Lol

Glad the funeral went well Owl.

Good luck with the surgeon, Jazz...Griff your dad is fortunate to have you to sort things out, he sounds too easy going, bless him.

I tried to check out my family tree and have come to the conclusion I dropped out of a space ship! I found my mother's brothers and sister, but no record at all of her birth, nothing of my dad, nothing of their marriage. She lost contact with her family when we moved from Yorkshire to Sussex, disliked her in laws so told me nothing about them (my dad died when I was six), so other than knowing they both came from Hull and married in Holy Trinity church there, that's it.

Yantan I would love to hear more about your family tree . for some long and very boring reasons its not possible for me to research my family tree at all and never will be so its very interesting to hear what others can find out about theirs

Owl I am pleased the day went as well as well as these things can

Day 3647799086 of vaccinating tomorrow , which is actually number 18 and today we hit over 4000 , I am tried beyond belief !!!!