UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Noble Nattering

merledogs

Ruby and I went down to Hayes Garden Centre in Ambleside yesterday. It's become a bit of a ritual the last few years at this time. They dedicate a huge area to Christmas and have some sort of tableau to entertain and raise funds for a local charity. We found this years hilarious. It was animatronic gnome heads singing Christmas songs in very northern accents and some of the songs were out of tune. It put a smile on everyone's face and you could hear people singing along as they shopped.

Anyway we decided to buy a decent artificial tree and spring for some new deccies for it as ours are now years old and really past their best. What with those purchases plus a few other things and lunch in the cafe we ended up spending almost £200! We got a lovely little silver spinning tree decoration with Archie's name etched onto it :)

I wanted to put the tree up as soon as we got home but Ruby put her foot down and says it's not going up until December. I did point out that we needed to check it out in case it was faulty but she wasn't biting.

Oh and we should be changing to fibre optic broadband this week - yay!

According to something I saw on my Facebook, every time a Christmas tree is put up before December, an elf kills a baby reindeer! So maybe you shouldn't risk it. We threw out our ancient artificial tree when we took it down last time, so I should get another one but the trouble is, our hamster has a very large cage..twice the size of the usual ones...and it stands where the tree usually goes and I've got nowhere else to put it (hamster or tree!) so I think I'll save my pennies and just get a teeny real one that can sit in the freeeezing conservatory.

I stopped putting a tree up years ago with the dogs, and the boys wernt interested. I normally have a 12" tree on the side, that does it lol I got rid of all the xmas stuff expecting to have moved, and buy new. oops

warden has just been, a different one. last one got straight onto the doctors for me, this one told me to ring them. thanks

asked about a social worker, she said to ring them direct, but doubts they help with housing. thanks

2 blokes from United Utilities arrived about 40 minutes ago to finally dig up and repair the broken underground pipe in our garden. I made them a coffee, which might have been a mistake as they have sat in their van supping it since I delivered it. They are just sitting there - I have no idea what they are doing but I wish they would just make a start and get it done :rolleyes:

It's a free repair as the downspout from our roof, that empties into the broken underground pipe, also serves 2 of the neighbours houses. U.U undertake the repairs at no cost to the homeowners to save arguing over who is liable and who should pay what. I think that might be due to a government directive rather than U.U being nice!