UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Noble Nattering

merledogs

Noo steady on Alex! You'll be overdoing it and feeling carp if you are not careful. My money is on a 3.10 delivery for the TV!

I hope your doctor's visit goes OK Griff. Get back and put your feet up and relax - OK?

This Black Friday free for all seems to be getting out of hand. I don't know why we have to copy American stuff like this. It's bad enough that the kids have a prom night (the expense must be horrendous!) refer to secondary school as "high school", when I were a lass the high school was the grammar school and they are mostly no more, refer to the police as "the feds", use mom for mum, calls maths "math" - and oh so many more :rolleyes:

I agree Marian we had to go past the Tesco thats in the news about fighting on our way to my preop assessment, we ended up stuck at the traffic lights right by the entrance and we were gobsmacked, never seen so many cars and people all beeping, and shouting and rushing about, irony is that the other big Tesco we passed was half empty but is also a Tesco Extra so would have had all the same deals - you wouldn't get me anywhere near any of them today and you know how much I do loves a bargain lol ...I did spend a wee while trying to get on tesco direct last night/this morning just to see what the fuss was about but as I don't need a telly nor a fancy expensive to run coffee machine I wasn't tempted.... however there could well be a £10 pair of Jeans in my Evans shopping bag which might get "checked out" a bt later lol

Merledogs, is this the tv that should have been delivered last week? i do hope they compensated you in some way. I will take it easy i promise! just going to the drs and then get back home

It is but I doubt I'll get anything back. Useless beggars.

Noo steady on Alex! You'll be overdoing it and feeling carp if you are not careful. My money is on a 3.10 delivery for the TV!

I hope your doctor's visit goes OK Griff. Get back and put your feet up and relax - OK?

This Black Friday free for all seems to be getting out of hand. I don't know why we have to copy American stuff like this. It's bad enough that the kids have a prom night (the expense must be horrendous!) refer to secondary school as "high school", when I were a lass the high school was the grammar school and they are mostly no more, refer to the police as "the feds", use mom for mum, calls maths "math" - and oh so many more :rolleyes:

It arrived at 1.30 ish :)

Police have been called to 8 different Tescos in the Greater Manchester area - apparently they were mobbed and people were misbehaving.

Telly is set up and working. It was easier to get the telly working than it was to put the ruddy stand together which I had to take off and do again :rolleyes: I now have a mahoosive set in my living room. The picture is great on the HD channels, but not quite so great on the other channels because the telly's so big. Can't wait to watch the footie on Sunday :pinkie:

Oh great, just tried to use it to browse the web and the screen's just gone black. May be user error :rolleyes:

I have a poorly toe. Ages ago I noticed a big bruise underneath the big toenail on my left foot. To cut a long story short, half the nail on that toe has died and is coming off. I went to answer the front door earlier and on opening the door, I bashed it into my toe which was excruciating. Now its throbbing and the bit of nail which was broken is digging into the nailbed. Ouch.

I have a poorly toe. Ages ago I noticed a big bruise underneath the big toenail on my left foot. To cut a long story short, half the nail on that toe has died and is coming off. I went to answer the front door earlier and on opening the door, I bashed it into my toe which was excruciating. Now its throbbing and the bit of nail which was broken is digging into the nailbed. Ouch.

My husband dropped a heavy object on his foot and bruised his big toe and the nail strated to come adrift from the toe.

To stop it catching as it grew up to drop off the doctor told him to stick it down with sellotape.

Ms Merle, I think you need a podiatrist.

I am very relieved to say that my auntie has agreed to go into the North London Hospice, and will be moved there tomorrow. A home hospice nurse will coming to stay with her tonight.

The carer this morning called my sister and said a GP visit was needed, and perhaps my sister could get auntie to agree to this. She persuaded her, and the GP who came was a very young one who auntie likes. The older GP she saw last time was adamant that she did not need hospice, and should go into a care home if she could not cope. Anyway, between sister, GP, auntie's friend and also the district nurse who turned up at that point, they persuaded auntie and she has agreed. Sister says she has deteriorated a lot since last week. We know she will not be with us long, but we felt so dreadful that between the senior GP being difficult and auntie being awkward, her final days would not be spent surrounded by the care and comfort she needs. She will now have whatever heavy duty painkillers she needs and expert 24 hr care.

Owl, i am so glad that your aunt will now get to be pain free, i am however disgusted at the older GP and i would suggest pointing in a complaint...feel sorry for the people who don't have family round them who have to deal with that particular gp

Merledogs i hope your toe feels better soon and that you have mastered your new telly

well i had a disastorous day, there was an accident on the way tot he drs so i had to get off the bus and walk...thought i was going to die when i got into the waiting room, luckily i had remembered to put my inhalers in my bag, then coming home a 15 minute journey took me 1 hour 15 minutes! i was frozen so bought a chinese for me and my dad Lol. Stitches are out and the scars aren't too bad

Snow, hope your preop went o.k

I'm glad that your aunt is going to get the care she need in her final days Owl.

Griff - oh no! I was thinking of you yesterday for your trip to the doctors. My powers are waning coz I thought only positive things for you and not that awful time you got. I'm sorry :(

Alex I hope the dogs will be OK and swiftly over whatever is causing their upset tums :flowers:

Hope the dogs are feeling better soon Alex :flowers:

Hope you are ok Griff - look after yourself :GroupHug:

Glad your Auntie is going to get the care she needs to keep her comfortable Owl :GroupHug:

I fell off Blue last night - first fall from him in over 4 years. He had been so good in our lesson and right at the end he had a massive spook when a gate nearby banged, launched himself to the side and I came out the side door :rolleyes: :( I landed on my leg and it's pretty sore today. Am sure I'll survive though.

I have my second date with Danny tomorrow - not seen him since before my holiday, but we've kept in contact pretty regularly since then. He's picking me up and we are going for a pub lunch :)

Bloody hell Gooster, are you sure you are o.k??? i do hope your leg is less sore soon

Yantan, it was just an inconvenience really... i didn't realise how out of puff i get now as i just amble about places i don't usually rush anywhere, i didn't want to make the nurse late knowing it was a friday and everyone would want to go home on time, would have been ok hanging about in the summer... i would have quite enjoyed being out Lol

Got a new camera so i can send the DW some non blurry puppy photos