UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Noble Nattering

merledogs

a friend is moving today, and has just put a picture up of all the dog chews under the sofa. while I watch another hoof roll under the sofa, wonder how much is under there lol

Evie was here on Saturday and I set her to getting all the stuff from under the unit. She had a great time and was delighted every time she pulled something out - mostly dog toys and chews but she did find my set of Russian dolls, a pair of scissors, 2 pens and half eaten packet of wine gums!

Can I just say Alpro chocolate puds are the best EVER. I cannot believe something so yummy is actually low in fat. They really put a smile on my face.

I make my own oven chips. I usually leave the skin on. Cut 'em into chip shapes drizzle lightly with olive oil or whatever oil you prefer, shake a mild paprika over them and then place them all flat on a tray - I have one of those perforated trays - and then bake in oven at 180 for 20 to 30 minutes.

I'd like to hear how anyone who has used a health fryer likes it and if they consider it a good buy.

would you believe, of all the places ive lived, 2 have come up on the the bidding the last few weeks. it would be interesting to see how they look inside now

just put all the shopping away. the dogs have helped me clear out the freezer and are having fish fingers for a few days

oo you know I said about a bad feeling in one of them, an thats where my son was attacked? that ones come up this week

Finally! I have had my work delivered. So now I should get on with it instead of sitting here :rolleyes:

How are you today Snow?

It's a glorious day here but there was a very red sky this morning so I am wondering if the old adage will prove true.

Archie and I went down to the park at 8am. He met a titchy little JRT called Pedro. They had a lovely play together.

I'm Ok-ish didn't sleep very well last night should have given up and got back up and gone on the net or read or something instead of just laying there thinking silly things and getting wound up, thought I was doing better this morning until I rang my line manager to let her know and talk about work, for some reason telling her I burst into tears whereas telling Nick and my family etc. and I didn't cry at all. I'm a little worried at how emotionally vulnerable I am because its taking me by surprise one moment I'm fine the next in tears and no rhyme nor reason over what might set me off.

sorry to read you are having such a worrying time Snow , I hope that next week comes as quickly as it can with positive news

I have an anti NGO poster on Facebook full of , you should be feeding children not dogs , all NGOs are corrupt and thieves etc etc , not the worst stuff I have read by a long shot but it never ceases to amaze me the vile crap that people are prepared to write at me because I have given up my career , a salary and seeing family more than once a year to try and do some positive in the world in a country where I now employ 20 people and lordy lord we do dreadful things like save the lives of animals and people from Rabies

what a bad bad person I am eh !!!

There are some real tosspots out there Sam. Probably just trolling but draining nonetheless. Erm, what dies NGO stand for?

Snow it's a lot to take on board and you are only being human in having wobbly moments. You will likely find that you feel more together once you start your follow ups. The hospital staff will be a tremendous support I am sure as the staff were fabulous with my friend. I went to every appointment with her so saw this first hand.

When I worked for a Quaker charity which ran projects in various countries, I got flak about not doing anything for underprivileged people here in UK. There is always someone who likes to find something wrong with anything constructive you do.