UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Noble Nattering

merledogs

They are very difficult to treat when the person has lost so much weight. Auntie has astonished everyone by surviving Parkinsons, heart failure and lung cancer much longer than anyone would have imagined. It's sad that she has fallen foul of her own obstinacy and has ended up in more immediate danger from the gangrene than from 3 life threatening conditions.

The works van MIGHT be coming to bring me some work today. I need to take Archie out and am trying to get a confirmation on it so I can take him and not miss it. I have sat in before until late afternoon on the promise of a delivery and it hasn't turned up. It's no big deal for me but it's not fair to Archie.

OK I ended up sending an email to say I was out until about 11.30am. Archie and I have had a luffley walk down the railway line kicking thro the leaves.

I love this time of year, not just because of the autumn colours but because it's so much quieter and we get a bit of a break from the hordes of tourists.

Owl, I seem to remember reading about manuka honey being used to treat open ulcers from pressure sores, slathered on a dressing and put on, also colloidal silver? Not wishing to compare your Aunt to a dog, but Dylan has had a weird place on his shoulder than keeps flaring up and oozing (hope no ones eating!) and I bought some tea tree ointment and daubed it on, and bingo! it's clearing up very well. Might be worth a try? The sister in law of a friend of mine had gangrene in her foot due to diabetes, she also lost her sight through the condition. They did save her foot, but it took a long time. My mother had gangrene in some of her toes and fingers and had to have them amputated. I do hope your Aunt either recovers, or slips away quickly, there's nothing worse than watching someone suffer.

We are in a difficult position re manuka honey. Aunt is a great believer in it, but she can't dress the sore herself because of where it is, and if we removed the dressing which nurse has done and replaced it with something else not prescribed by GP we would be in big trouble. If she lost her life anyway, which is quite likely given her state of health, we could be prosecuted for contributing to her demise. Colloidal silver dressings are now routinely used for ulcers so I am hoping that is what nurse has put on. Hoping to find out more today.

Right so I have news of sorts - I haven't said anything about the results of my mammogram until now as although I knew last week that I was being recalled and sent to the breast clinic for further screening I hadn't told Nick as there was no point him worrying as well until I knew more. The recall said that 4 out of 5 women recalled had nothing to worry about and most would be technical recalls, although I have been anxious this past week including a few sleepless nights, I was trying hard to remain positive - unfortunately I was todays one woman in 5. In my case they have found something, or rather a cluster of somethings - I've been at the breast clinic all morning and have had repeat mammograms, a couple of ultrasounds, fine needle aspiration and about 6 core biopsies. I won't know the result until next Monday. Now initially they thought it was a cluster of cysts which they could drain, but when they attempted it nothing came out and the mass seems more solid hence the core biopsies. Its still possible and even likely these are just "old cysts" but they cannot give me confirmation until the biopsy results. I have an enormous pressure dressing on my boob and for the next few days I musn't lift my arm over my head or carry any weight in that hand - sods law its my right one. She also apologised and warned me the bruising is likely to be deep and painful once the local anesthetics wear off (I had 3 of them). I am in shock in all honesty and I have had a right old weep I am staying positive but I have to say right now I am pretty damned emotional. I am still hopeful this is nothing more than cysts but at the same time I am worried sick

Snow - so sorry your recall resulted in your having to have these tests. Hope upon hope that it is cysts, but whatever, the earlier it is caught the easier it is to treat. The tears are better out than in, so you have a good cry if that's how you feel. It's very understandable all things considered. Your results should be through fairly quickly and if necessary they do any treatment required quite quickly. I have had a couple of scares myself, but mine turned out to be nothing, but the waiting was pretty awful. Hoping your results are not as bad as you might be expecting.