UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

After 3 hours sleep I am up still a poorly squirrel so back to the bathroom it was

I have now covered the sections for dealing with shock and calculations for fluid losses in my book

Woe is me and you all as you get to hear all about it !

Jayne those are fab nails , I Am thinking of getting the gel done in the UK to strengthen mine and give them a chance to grow

Loobie loo how are you sweetie ?

Jazz what type of new laptop have you got ?

Sure there are more things I wanted to say but I am stuffed if I can recall

I have however tell you 13 reasons why an iv stops running.......

Moaning :tired:

WFHing today.

See Suarez has been up to his old tricks again - he should be banned from football for life, disgusting herbert :mad:

Sam I hope you are better soon :GroupHug: I remember just after I was diagnosed with Diverticular Disease I went to the loo at work around 2pm and didn't leave the toilet until 10pm. It was so painful that the tiles fell off the wall where I was hitting them. This was in central London and my OH had to come and collect me but couldn't do it by car because it would have taken too long, so I had a very hairy journey home on the tube but I did at least manage to hold it in until got home again.

Edited by merledogs

Alex you have my upmost sympathy , are you generally able to control your Diverticular Disease ? Whilst I am moaning and whining ( and studying ) this is hopefully a minor issue and will resolve itself in a few more days.

Suarez is an utter disgrace and should be banned for life , they get paid way to much as it is to be allowed to act like toddlers at a preschool

oooooooooooo pretty nails!!!!!

Sam, i really hope you are nearing the end of your bug, i really feel for you

Ahhhh now Loobie, i used to use the mitchum roll on but found it wouldn't dry on me, i saw the stick the other day and i did think of buying it....just need to remember which shop it was in

I really need to start putting my contact lens in before reading forums .... I just sat here in shock thinking Jayne has said she had a sweaty minge and thinking OMG I've never seen Gooster say anything like that before! :ohmy: Then I looked again ..... :blush02:

Sam hope you have managed to detach yourself from :toilet: (yayyyyyyy finally get to use that smiley!!!) seriously I do hope you are feeling better.

I have the exact opposite problem with sweating - I don't sweat very much and apparently thats why I overheat though on Sunday after visiting Guardian of the Valleys my scalp was dripping wet - but nowhere else :guiltysmiley:

• Like 1

I can only use a roll on as I cant push the button on sprays.

I hope you feel better soon sam and hope you have a 2nd toilet lol

I have an asus laptop. the touchpad is too sensitive, my friend said to get a mouse.

im photosensitive says the professor in London. I go bright red and am drenched in minutes if im in the sun

twice ive sent a picture of my insurance to the next insurance company, not shown the right bit. why cant I just send the paperwork to them?

Lol, OMG Snow!!!!!! that would be very unlike gooster to come out with that!!

Jazz, if you are struggling with the touchpad then a mouse might be the solution, annoying when you fork out for a laptop and it doesn't turn out to be what you expect, i had to buy this one a couple of years ago as my mum and dad said the netbook was playing up when i was in hospital.... i literally looked at argos, saw there was money off and people raved about it and sent my mum to pick it up... i had no idea what it could do etc, so long as i could get on here and my mum and dad could do ebay and book holidays that was fine... turned out to be a bit of a nightmare to begin with but we are all used to it now, dread having to replace it as my dad took long enough to get used to this one Lol

O.MG - Snow you have made me snort very loudly! :laugh:

Feel well very soon Sam :GroupHug: I'll never forget my 2 bouts of food poisoning. One was when I worked in London and it was a good job my room was right next to the loo. The other was on my way home from west Africa and I had to negotiate the plane toilet and then the train loo. Oh the misery!

Your nails are really lovely Jayne :flowers:

I am engrossed in Wimbledon :) Tennis is really the only sport that I follow.

Lol snow you really cheered me up with that :biggrin:

Jayne your nails are fab :)

Griff they sell it in most supermarkets and normally it is on offer in one of them (down to £2)

Sam hope you start feeling better really soon ((hugs))

I have decided that I am unemployable :( :( I have rewritten / reworked my cv, been practicing application form filling in and applying for up to 5 jobs a day. I am getting no where, I don't know what else to do :(

Loobie, you are not unemployable..... you are just too good for the jobs you have applied for! the right one will be out there for you (((hugs)))

thanks for the tip on the deodorant, went and got some from superdrug as it is only £1.50 at the moment, have just applied so we will wait and see.... i do like it as i don't feel like the deodorant is wet under my arms...the roll ons always leave me feeling sticky

i have just been told i look very pale today..... i thought i looked o.k and browner than i normally am

Loobie, we're going to Rhodes...a place called Pefkos just along from Lindos. Been loads of times before and I know it's boring to keep going back to the same place, but as it's only for a week I prefer to know where things are. I'm sure you'll find something in the workplace, my OH was unemployed for 3 years when we first moved to Derbyshire from Sussex but he got a job through a bloke he used to chat to in the pub who told him the firm he worked for would be hiring soon and he was cheeky and wrote directly to the manager. What sort of thing are you looking for, and whereabouts are you?

Sam, I hope you soon shake off that bug, it sounds awful! Has your OH avoided it so far?

Snow, I'm another one who barely sweats with the result I look like a tomato when I get hot and come out in very attractive (not!) prickly heat in the sun. I manage ok in Greece as I can get in the pool or the sea when I start heating up but I really can suffer in the English summer. I spent a fortune in Primarni this morning, pair of red framed sunglasses for £1, and a shady hat (I think I'll be able to shade half the population of Pefkos!) for £4. My OH says he wishes I wouldn't be so extravagant. :D

Dylan has stopped panting and the laboured breathing thank heavens, was telling my neighbour that and he said aye, he's not going to be with you much longer...I watched him walking down t' road the other night and he's definitely on his way out. :confused: Well, thanks for that Dicky, very encouraging and I don't think. :mad:

• Like 1

Yep thats me too Sue - my face goes bright red and I really dislike the UK summers for some reason I cope better in hotter countries which is weird, Florida last year was over 100 on a couple of the days and I was out and about in it reasonably comfortably (well bearable at least) though I wore a hat at all times, however, they also have air conditioning everywhere so I can go in a shop of cafe and cool down, theres somewhere to get a cold drink just about everywhere you look and at night in the hotels its always cool. What tends to happen to me here is that I get hot and stay hot and its always worse at night. I will often sleep with a wet bath towel over me in place of a sheet, or a water bottle that I chill in the fridge for a few hours - sometimes both. During the day if I'm home and its really hot I will be in and out of the shower set to 0 so its icey several times a day then I simply slip a kaftan on whilst I'm still dripping wet leaving my hair soaking wet too and that will keep me cool for an hour or so.

Sam hope you have managed to detach yourself from :toilet: (yayyyyyyy finally get to use that smiley!!!) seriously I do hope you are feeling better.

That smiley is so me ! today has been better it seems that if I try and eat any thing with wheat it kicks off so off course dry toast and crackers have not helped . Village lady whose son is always ill with it made me very nice special vegetable soup today with lime juice ( tastes way better than it sounds ) and that plus avoiding wheat appears to be working

I have decided that I am unemployable :( :( I have rewritten / reworked my cv, been practicing application form filling in and applying for up to 5 jobs a day. I am getting no where, I don't know what else to do :(

Your not unemployable but its a very very very tough market currently , I would employ you if you were a wee but nearer xxxxx