UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

Suzeanna, sorry to hear about your friend's OH.

Hope little Abby improves quickly.

Good news about Nog.

Griff, that is horrid for everyone. I am a bit lucky at present, as this estate is so well-behaved that I am probably the naff-est resident.

Very cheered by the promised return of both Dangermouse and Teletubbies. Also cheered by finding a whole lot of Star Trek: the Next Generation DVDs in my local 2nd hand shop. The young man who served me was surprised as he did not think I looked like a fan. Not sure if he expected pointy ears or what. Turns out he is also a sci-fi enthusiast and we had a lot to chat about as the shop was quiet. Have stashed the DVDs away to help me get through the winter.

Midsummer Eve, and Wispa and I are seriously thinking of pulling an all-nighter at our fave nature reserve, equipped with flask and snacks and night vision scope. We can sit in the car on the main track at a point where all the small paths meet, and watch deer etc. Whether we go through with it or not may depend on what we feel like at 11 pm.

Ok. Who broke the refuge :laugh: I didn't realise how often I check on here until it broke!

Had a fabby day today. Apart from the bloody builders next door starting making noise again at 9am when I could have had a lie in, the day just got better :) A friend came round at about 10.30, so the builders probably did me a favour :laugh: I then did spin, met my new neighbour, met a guy who is going to buy my landy, had a fabby hack in the sunshine with my amazing pony and then went to cycle blast :) Best day off for a while :biggrin:

Back to work for the weekend tomorrow though :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Glad you enjoyed your day Jayne :flowers:

Today I really must mow the lawns which haven't been done for a couple of weeks and have gone bonkers.

I put raisins out for the birds yesterday for the first time. I didn't realise Starlings liked raisins - I had a whole family of them on the bird feeders :wub: plus a squirrel who apparently can climb up a metal pole with no grips :wub: There is a baby Wood Pigeon on there at the moment munching away :wub:

We've had the woodpecker down on the lawn yesterday evening and first thing this morning, don't often see him on the ground even though they are ground feeders but he's really stunning - sods law though he's camera shy tried to snap him a couple of times but soon as he spotted me he was off.

i agree, bl**dy warm!

Owl, hope you had a good night deer spotting...if you went

Gooster, glad you had a nice day off

forgot to say i bit the bullet and went to the Dr about my rash as it was getting worse, she thinks it is connected to the wegeners and has been in touch with the consultant who i will see next week, then to top it all off the benefits peeps have decided i need a medical so i get to go and see some physio/midwife eye doctor...basically somebody who knows nothing about my condition to be told i can go and find a job...wonderful! i need to find out if i can pay my own ni contributions whilst getting industrial injuries benefit, i don't think i can, if i can i don't need to worry i will manage on £100 a month, i am not even sure if i should worry about paying my ni as i don't think i will be around to get a pension...i am already quite stressed at the thought of being poked and prodded again and if the last report was anything to go by at least we will get a laugh out of it, i can see with glasses (never worn glasses) and i can hear perfectly well.... i am deaf in my right ear Lol oh yeah and i was apparently of average build last time i went, errr yeah i was severely underweight! ah well worst case scenario i end up with no money

What a pain. I hope they decide you are unfit to work so you don't have to go through the appeal palaver.

"As I walked out one midsummer morning, the birds did sing on every tree" with a hey nonny no, tra la la, fol de rol etc.

We have been out all night and had a great time. We started with a shortish walk in the last of the light. Cuckoo was calling until 10.20, owls appeared towards 11. A barn owl flew very close to us, didn't seem worried by us at all. Then a whole family of tawnies, parents and youngsters, came out on a hunting trip and we kept still and watched them. Then back to the car which I parked near a place where several paths cross, in hope we might see the young Bedlington x who we believe has been living on the reserve for the past 8 weeks. She is only a mile from home, but why go home when she is having so much fun? It was dark between 12 and 1.30 then we had some starlight, then the moon came up and we could see quite well. The first birds began to tune up about 2.45 and a fox cub came and stared at the car. Its scent woke Wispa out of a deep sleep and she sat bolt upright and stared back so cub scuttled off. At 3.45 it was light and we were cramped so got out and spent the next 3 hours exploring the reserve. The dawn chorus was beautiful. Rabbits and brown hares everywhere, and of course deer popping up and bouncing around so Wispa was on 2 leads, one being the anti-shock bungee lead. We didn't see a single human, no early bird watchers or anyone. And when we got back to the car Wispa got very excited because our target dog had been and left not only scent but fresh pawprints near the car. She was ready to go tracking right away, but I could not have gone another step. My feet and ankles hate me, nothing will get done today, but who cares?

Happy Solstice everyone :)

• Like 3

wow, that sounds a wonderful night Owl, what a shame you missed the norty little dog but as you say she is having an adventure!

i won't go through the appeals process, too stressful, the thought of a medical was enough to give me a stroke last time so not risking that again!

Jazz, have you got that list thing from age concern with approved workmen? it is available for anyone over 50, i was meant to get one for my parents

Melredogs, you have been busy! i have done nothing today Lol

kota has been having a whale of a time in the garden, i put her ball pool up for her and she has been throwing herself in and out of that...might ask my dad to put the tent up for her tomorrow

• Like 1

Hope you are ok Griff :flowers:

Sounds like a lovely way to spend an evening :)

Had a rather easy day at work today - only did one contact lens check and 2 sight tests :) Then we went out for lunch and the boss paid :biggrin: Makes up for my stressful day at work on Thursday :) Can't wait to start doing more days at that practice as even when they are fully booked it's not stressful :)

Went to the gym after the meal and did my legs - hopefully I'll be able to walk tomorrow :laugh: Whilst I was there, Mr G gave me an exercise plan he had written out for my mum and dad to do at home (I had been telling him that they had asked me to help them exercise a bit). He is such a nice guy :wub: