UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April All Talking

Jazz

Glad the babies arrived safely, Suzeanna.

I grew up in the 40s and 50s and was certainly not allowed as much freedom as is mentioned in that frequently quoted statement. My parents wanted to know exactly where I was at all times.

Glad the babies arrived ok, fingers crossed the little girl improves and is allowed home soon :flowers:

Was a bit annoyed at work today - the practice I was at today, I am there again on Thursday and they were booking a patient in at 6pm on Thursday. When I queried it, I was told that I was working 9-6.30 on Thursday :angry: I have a gym class at 6.30 :rolleyes: I have had to cancel the gym class, so will have to go and do my own workout (which I hate doing as I get bored). They can jog on though if they think they are paying me the same as they do for 9-5.30! Going to add an extra hour onto my invoice :)

My daughter in law had her twins by C section at around mid day today, a little boy weighing 4lb 14 called Jamie, and a little girl, Abigail (Abby) who is only 4lb and was whisked away to the special baby unit. He's sent me photos...to be honest, there is more hat than baby! I just hope little Abby will be ok, Julie was desperate for a girl.

Congratulations and hope Abby's stay at the SCBU is short

Sam : looks good, slight typo - should be 'receive' rather than 'recieve' (sorry to be picky but I know you're dyslexic). I was always taught I before E except after C :flowers:

Thanks for that , lord knows how I missed that one as its one of the rules I can remember

Snow , The only peoples parenting opinions that matter are Vicky's and Nick who sound very sensible not some very extreme sounding people on the internet who sound a bit fanatical.

I think there are some generic safety things that have changed over time especially around cot deaths . When Aisling was little there was a big push to sleep babies on their backs and not to over wrap them but some mums I met at mother and baby groups said when their older children were babies the advice had been to wrap them tightly or let them sleep on their fronts. With that said I am sure 90 % of raising a baby is the same as it always was

A few year back a relative of mine had her first child and I brought her a very great reference book that covered birth to 2 years and told her if she needed anything to ask but I was sure she would be fine. Months later she said how refreshing my attitude was because everyone was always telling her how do this and that and her mother and mother in law had totally different ideas on what was right and what was wrong so the poor girl was in a minefield of instructions. Thank god she did not look at those forums you mention as they might have tipped her over the edge !

Morning :sleeping_02: I break up for Easter today :pinkie:

Suzannae - congrats :partytime: Are they your first grandkids?

I like your idea of WFHing.

I have to say the gardening was done lunchtime/after work, although the good thing about WFHing is that as long as I do the hours I don't necessarily have to do them during 'normal' time :wink:

Edited by merledogs

Congratulations Suzeanna!!!!!!! i hope your grand daughter will be o.k, my mate had twins and both were in scbu and we were told to aim for getting them home on the day they should have been born.... they were 6 weeks early, they were back home 2 weeks later. Stay positive, she is in the best place

Gooster, did they not advise you of the hours before you started there? not very good as they are strange hours to assume somebody would know

Have a good day Merledogs and enjoy your Hols

early start today as dex is in the vets

How cool Alex, it was indeed Rhodesia but I left as a 2 year old and my parents never returned so I have no memories of it.

Congratulations suzeanna, how exciting. Hope her stay in special care is short.

Having a lump removed from my foot today.

I had a very restricted upbringing too Owl 😢 xx

I will have a nosy at the video when I get home later Marion :)

Good luck with the foot operation Mary :flowers:

They didn't tell me the hours before I agreed to the shifts Griff - I would have probably agreed to work the day but only 9-5.30 like normal (don't like things messing about with my gym routine :laugh: :rolleyes: ). They just said they forgot to mention it to me when they booked me :rolleyes:

Another lovely day here today, but a bit chilly. I had Ana's roof down on the way to work and regretted it a bit as I was a bit cold thankfully it was only a 10 min drive today - am determined to make the most of her convertible nature though :laugh: :rolleyes:

Hope the op goes ok Murtle.

No Alex, they already have a little boy, Aidan, who was five in January. He's excited about getting a new brother and sister, but I don't think he'll be so thrilled when he realises he won't be getting all the attention in future..not to mention being woken up during the night!

• Like 1