UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April All Talking

Jazz

Gooster, i would have turned round and said sorry but i have an appointment myself, is this the same place that forgot to tell you to start at 9am instead of 9.30? and told you off for being late...when infact you weren't late

Will have a watch of the video later Yantan

have to fetch the cat shortly which means a chat with the vet... hope it isn't too bad news, dex is only 16 and i would looooove to have him for a few more years. Got really narked last night as my sat box was playing up, only mine... the rest of the house was fine, now considering i am awake half the night i was not a happy bunny and i hoped it was just a case of switching the sat box, however it appears to be a cable problem, i just need to convince my dad to get the ladders and fix it for me!

What a lovely video - it brought back such happy memories for me. Robs granny had also never flown and had always wanted to more than anything she wanted to fly but his grandfather just wouldn't even consider it. So for her 80th birthday Rob and I arranged with Nicks godfather Paul who was a pilot to take her up for a flight - the grandkids all chipped in to pay for the fuel and the pilot donated his time and plane for free. Her first and only flight was in a little twin engined Cessna that she had to climb over the wing to get in but she absolutely loved it - she had no idea where we were taking her or why and when we told her she was going to fly she was absolutely over joyed, she had no time to get nervous or back out and Paul flew her back over Cardiff over her house and then out to sea and back down over the Severn bridge. I have never forgotten how happy and excited she was that day and how much fun it was for all of us making it happen for her.

On a different note, Vicky's blood pressure is still high and shes had flashing lights and headaches so they are starting to get a bit concerned and shes going to be monitored at the hospital every other day from now on and they have said that if they do allow her to reach her due date (the 25th) they won't be allowing her to go over it but its possible they may decide to hurry things along earlier.

• Like 1

Both mine were born at 37 weeks due to HBP. The first started naturally 6 hours afer I went into hospital for bed

rest. The second was induced at 37 weeks after 3 weeks in hospital rest and two different medications didn't

work.

The nurses actually got a new blood pressure machine as they thought the one they had must be broken since nothing

they did reduced my HBP.

Both babies were fine - 6lbs and 61/2lbs.

Thanks guys, I am back in my room and having toast. All gone well, but the no running clause has gone from 1-2 weeks to 3-4 weeks 😢 I might go crazy!!

Hope the babies are ok suzeanna xxx

I am the reverse snow, I have low blood pressure...they want it to up before they will let me go. Hope everything is ok with Vicki though xxx

Lovely video yantan. xxx

oooooo Hope you feel a bit better in a bit Merledogs

dex has very bad arthritis in his 1 remaining back leg, his ball and socket joint doesn't exist anymore really it is all just bone to the degree his hip virtually pops out, his pelvis has narrowed which will be causing his constipation issues alongside the fact he can't squat very well he must be struggling a lot. i have some new tablets to try for his pain and i hope he will be a much happier cat, i am also getting him a bioflow collar

Hope they get Vicky sorted Snow :flowers:

You should try some spin classes in your enforced running break Murtle :ninja:

:GroupHug: to Griff and Dex cat.

Hope you are feeling better soon Alex :)

The motorway was amazingly clear this morning, got to work in 30 mins instead of the hour it can usually take to get here :biggrin: Looking forward to a day off tomorrow though, can't wait to not have to set my alarm and have a lie in :biggrin:

Lol, gooster....Murtle should be resting and you are trying to turn her into a spin addict Lol. I hope you get your lie in, that was my plan this morning but my neighbours dogs started woofing at 7am, no chance of a lie in for me tomorrow as i have to be at the hospital early for a ct scan....again!

Sounds painful griff, hope the painkillers work xx

I'd rather ride my normal bike than spin, it's all about the out doors. But this is an enforced foot rest so currently no driving and limited walking 😢 stiches out in 10-12 days and currently bandaged. OH won't let me unbandage it as we have a long car journey and he thinks it is probably better protected! I think it is more like a present that needs unwrapping...

your OH is probably right Murtle, if you bang that in the car it is going to throb for ages, better safe than sorry

i have just ordered yet another harness for Kota, i have got the dog games perfect fit, i ordered an xtradog in s/m and wasn't happy so sent it back and got one in medium, that wasn't right but i kept it just in case she grows, i then reordered the s/m from somewhere different that was cheaper and she has been out in it this morning, it is a slightly better fit than the one she was wearing but i am still worried it will rub and the fleece keeps twisting so the webbing is resting on her skin, add that to the bioflow collar and psylium husks and new car harness i have had to buy and i am once again penniless!

Edited by griff

Can you sew the fleece in place griff? I find the ones on my fleece harnesses slips too.

I had a nap on the sofa this morning and then got up and washed the front downstairs windows/door and gave my car a wash too.

Just had a shower and put my jammies on.

i bought some stuff off ebay that is fleece and velcro and they still rubbed her... if it was a cheap harness i wouldn't mind but they are £23 each, she is such an awkward size and i think that's what the problem is, hopefully the perfect fit will sort her out.... laneys was wonderful so hopefully it will suit her just as well

is that it then merledogs..... are you offically broekn up for easter????

Hope you have recovered Alex.

We are going to france for the weekend, we almost got to the ferry port before remembering we had forgotten our passports. Oops, has made for a long day so far and we are starting again and hope to make the later crossing!

The eurotunnel is a nightmare so hopefully the cars delayed for that won't affect us too much.

You know how people have bucket lists of things they want to do, I think mine seems to have the silly mistakes you can make;

1. Fall asleep drunk on train and miss station - tick

2. Turn up to travel without passport - tick

Wonder what other ones there are!!