UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

The weather here took a turn for the worse and was atrocious this morning. It's a little better now and I'm glad the wind has dropped.

Owl I don't blame you at all for having some diversionary time away from looking after your mum. Anyone who has been in the role of carer knows just how sapping it can be. It's essential that carers have some time off to recharge their batteries and get some time to themselves.

Suzeanna I also wonder just how some medications given to older people actually have an adverse effect.

Alex I'm sorry to hear you are having headache trouble and hope the doc will be able to help when you see him or her.

Poor Nog! I hope he feels better very, very soon.

Just to echo others Owl, you need a bit of downtime as a carer. It is exhausting. Didn't realise Mummy Owl was such an impressive age.

Have finished looking after my Mum for last couple to days & now preparing for going to WagTails House tomorrow. Feels strange that I will be meeting Patrick there as he'll be travelling from his Mum in Ludlow.

Mummy Owl has pneumonia which is being treated with ABs and is now more comfortable, and she ate something today. She is asleep all the time as opposed to semi-conscious, so only stayed a short while then came home. Will have an early night.

Sorry to hear mummy owl is poorly, but glad she is being looked after. Late to say, but everyone needs me time others we are useless to others. You do so much for your mom and others you are incredibly caring.

I am watching that Alex, I love it. MIL and husband don't get it...

Edited by murtle

Owl I'm thinking of you and mummy Owl.

Fingers crossed Alicia.

Good old Garfy, keep it up mate :)

Alex yes I'm watching Pemberley and thoroughly enjoying it.

I'm in my sickbed as the chestiness I've been having for the last week or so has got worse so I'm stopping here where I am warm and snuggly. Normal service will be resumed presently.

• Like 1

Hope you are feeling better Marion :flowers:

Good luck at Morrisons Alex :)

Hope the little dog works out Jazz :flowers:

Some nugget has definitely given me the lurgy- had a rubbish night's sleep over the last 2 days and my nose is like a tap :angry: At least I am getting it out of the way now though as opposed to getting it right before my holiday :rolleyes:

Rob's in bed with what he says is a bad cold but I suspect it's the flu as it's really hit him for six so flipping quickly and he was burning up last night. Although I joke about "man flu" that's usually when he faffs about doing jobs whilst moaning that hes illllll - the fact he hasn't done much moaning and has instead gone to bed is unheard of! And he's been there since 9am :ohmy:

Nog worried us sick yesterday, he was clearly very upset and uncomfortable, wouldn't settle and was very very reluctant to lie down so much so a few times his back end went out from under him as he'd been standing for so long but that then made him yelp and we went right back to the panting drooling and shivering convulsively. However after the 2nd Tramadol and 2nd Antacid at 8pm last night he had a bite to eat and settled for a while, around 10 he went out for a wee and when he came back he jumped up onto my bed and lay down, when I went to bed I was reluctant to disturb him but he had taken up the entire double bed so unless I planned to sleep on the floor I had no choice. He jumped down off the bed and yelped but went straight into the lounge onto his new squidgy bed he had for Xmas and settled down for the night. This morning he is a bit less tucked up, the panting drooling has stopped but he's still shaking from head to toe when he first starts to move around. He's had another Tramadol and Zeetac with some chicken roll and a small bowl of chicken roll, chappie & cottage cheese which he's eaten and gone back to bed and is fast asleep. *fingers crossed* he continues to improve.

Ive had a clear out. got 2 laundry bags full of clothes for the fundraiser, and taken down the few xmas decorations, they can have them too.

the bent dog crate is outside for someone to pick up

I feel better for that

thing is,its made no room anywhere, how is that?