UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

So sorry about Diesel xxxxxx

Sam what a wonderful thing to do, she looks so happy - she looks so happy, she really got to Bri and myself such a lovely little girl.

It makes me so mad when lovely people have next to nothing and then the excesses of this country are shoved down your throat - this is a photo posted on Facebook by someone I work with of her child and all her presents. Totally obscene

***help can't post photo ***

She was so excited once she worked out it was for her :) , I don't think she has ever had a christmas present before and certainly she has never owned a cuddly dolly.

Best gift I have ever given anyone :)

We had a lovely walk on Newgale beach in bright sunshine, so bright in fact that I should have worn sunglasses as there was so much reflection off the wet sand where it was catching the light that it was hard to keep our 4 dogs in view.

As promised, we drew hearts on the beach for everyone who requested them so among the collection there was one each for Trudy, Diesel, Max and Dogstar's Mango. It was a good day to do it as lots of dogs out enjoying the beach.

We had to beat a quick retreat after a heavy shower came our way but hopefully the hearts remained on the beach for several hours until the next high tide. I may draw more later in the week & see if I can get some decent pictures - the ones I took today don't show the hearts up properly at all :(

• Like 3

Thanks Whizzie :flowers: Last holiday we had was in 2007 at Little Dumpledale and we went to Freshwater West and another beach which I can't remember the name of which the dogs absolutely loved :wub:

Just dug through my old photos and a couple of the gang all together :wub: They had such a great time - may have to take them back next year.

IMG_4651_zps40c001c4.jpg

IMG_4570_zpsa84b1d93.jpg

And one of my beautiful Max :wub:

IMG_4675_zps40e46eef.jpg

• Like 2

Such lovely memories Alex. :wub: :wub: :wub: I haven't been to the beach since George died. We used to spend a lot of time there especially when we lived closer to it than now. I might take Archie down there sometime in the new year with Sadie so I won't feel so odd just having one dog.

I love the beach - not been to the beach with the dogs for ages though :) I reckon Amber would love the beach :)

Have been back to the gym today - only had 4 days off, but really missed my daily fix :laugh: Went in the steam room after I had done my workout to try and clear my nose a bit - got talking to the owner of the local Indian restaurant in there (my dad is infamous amongst all local take away staff!). Had a good chat with him - he was saying that for their Christmas dinner he cooked 6 18kg turkeys! Madness!! Another day in work tomorrow, then am off Tuesday and Wednesday, before working my last 4 days before my hols :biggrin: :biggrin:

Louie loves the beach.

Have had busy weekend. Had a wedding yesterday which was very lovely. I wore a dress :ohmy: and didnt fall off my heels.

Today myself and Tracey who I went to Sri Lanka with met up with Mo from Dogstar whilst shes holidaying in the UK. We went for food and drinks and a fab catch-up :)

You are all very welcome re the hearts. It is wild out west at the moment and we are hoping the wind and rain will soon move on having been with us all night.
Lovely picture Merledogs - there are so many wonderful beaches in Pembrokeshire and most are dog friendly so it is hard to guess where else you may have been. Barafundle is beautiful, Broadhaven South through the Bosherton Lily Ponds is unique, Marloes has spectacular rocks, Newgale is long so ideal for dogs like our Reuben who loves to run, Broad Haven links to Little Haven via Settlands and makes a nice walk at low tide.........many, many more!
We let our holiday home should anyone be interested. It is http://www.wagtailshouse.co.uk which I hope is okay to mention. We have a facebook page too which is a good place to see lots of photos of the area, dogs on holiday.....
Sympathies to everyone returning to work today - we have an extra week this year to recharge our depleted batteries.

Just looked again at your photos Alex - that one with all the dogs is at Broadhaven South. The rock in the background is called Church rock. Nice beach with dunes behind that you can either drive to direct or walk to along the Lily Ponds. You really should get yourself back there sometime - it's a lovely place :)

• Like 1

Whizzie, thankyou very much for drawing diesel's heart in the sand

Jazz, good luck with the dog hunt... hope all works out

things are a bit difficult at the moment with laney and the pup... he is not a happy boy, i hope things settle down soon. picked diez's ashes up on saturday and she is sat on the mantlepiece, i was going to get some of her ashes tattooed into her name but i can't figure out how the heck i get the casket open so will just get her name done instead