UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

its stupidly hot

My sinhala teacher suggested I start watching children's TV

Sri Lanka children's TV is well a bit mad especially the christmas one, trust me not speaking Sinhala will not reduce your understanding of this in any way shape or form

Sam

in case your Sinhala is a little rusty or the fact the shepherds look like extras from the planet of the apes puts you off it is of course its this rather important moment in biblical history

An angel of the Lord appeared to them and the glory of the Lord was shining around them. And the shepherds were very afraid. "Don't be afraid. I have some very good news for you — news that will make everyone happy. Today your Savior was born in David's town. He is Christ, the Lord" (Luke 2:9-11 ERV).

:wacko: :laugh:

Andi Peters has just replied to a tweet I sent him :biggrin: He tweeted a picture of himself in the gym so I tweeted him to tell him to have fun and I was jealous as I can't go to the gym till Sunday and he replied :biggrin:

how exciting

Mummy Owl had a very good 94th birthday yesterday, enjoyed the ballet on TV in the evening, slept all night but then went downhill today while I was out. I had the day off and went tracking while my sister looked after her. Sister was worried and called GP. Mum is now semi conscious in hospital on drip. I have been there all evening, and have had at last a sensible conversation with a couple of the nurses. Going to get some sleep now. It may seem uncaring that I went tracking for the day, but I needed a change of scene and something else to think about to clear my head, and I knew mum was in capable hands. Good day's tracking after a little dog who has been awol for 3 months. Sightings have been in one village, but Wispa showed us that his base camp is in the next village.

Not uncaring at all Owl you need to take some time away for "you" else you'll end up in the bed next to your mum xxx

Today went ok... eventually... I was proved right Sal utterly hates Bruno and cannot be trusted around him EVER. There was a short instance of handbags when he first arrived - and he actually started it as he was not at all happy with her being here so there was a bit of air snapping and lots of noise but no real intent when they were both on lead and got a bit close to each other whilst waiting to go out for a wee, however despite my warnings and despite that earlier little spat when I was out of the room some how Sal got off lead and apparently she flew across the room like an Exocet missile with intent to do him serious harm, luckily Rob had Bruno beside him and was able to grab Sal and literally shove her away, and mil grabbed her and hustled her out of the room into the bedroom, Nog obviously knew that time was different as he made him self scarce the moment it kicked off and ended up in my office under the desk, so we ended rotating Sal & Bruno in separate bedrooms 30 mins time out each for the rest of the day and evening, they didn't seem all that bothered as whenever we went to switch over we'd find them on their respective beds fast asleep.

Moaning :tired:

owl nobody thinks you're selfish :flowers:

Thank you Whizzie :flowers:

Well handled snow :flowers:

I seem to have a constant headache these days - there isn't a day in the past few weeks that I haven't had it. Will go to the doc in the new year. Have had something similar before and doc said it was a low level migraine which can last for weeks.

City won the match against Liverpool :partytime: Hardest game we've had at home this season so was good (and lucky) to come out on top. Buggered up all my predictions though (we had a 50p bet on at work as to what the top 4 would look like after New Year's day matches) but can't say I'm upset about that. Ruddy BT Sport played up though, so in total I only saw about 40 minutes of the match and listened to the rest on the radio.

RMF : It's horrible here - v windy with horizontal rain. Dogs too one look and refused to go out for morning wees.

RMF :

Owl it is not at all selfish of you to have a few hours to yourself. You need to keep yourself well both physically and mentally to be able to help your Mum.

Well done Snow on managing to keep the dogs apart. It's such a shame when it's like that. Much better kept apart than needing a vet visit.

Owl, it's not at all selfish that you went out tracking. You had arranged care for your mum whilst you were out and everyone needs some time to do something they enjoy :flowers:

Well handled with the dog situation Snow :flowers:

Back at work today - have woken up with a sore throat and blocked nose, so maybe the fact I was feeling a bit ropey yesterday wasn't totally due to the wine :unsure: Hope I am feeling better tomorrow - it's the family poker league final game tomorrow, so I can't be ill for that :unsure: :laugh:

morning all xxx

your not selfish, you need time off. you might live there but cant be on duty 24/7

the winds were bad in the night. my garden is safe im glad to say.

if you know a tree surgeon or someone who knows what they are doing, living near reading, could they pleaase help my friend out. the tree is still on her car. thank you xx

Hope your friend can find a tree surgeon. I expect they are rather busy at present.

Gooster, I was in your area but on limited time otherwise I would have given you a ring. The dog in question is a yorkie x called Hugo. Legged it from Grasscroft 3 months ago, several sightings over the last few weeks in Mossley round the shops and recreation ground, but no one knew were his base camp was. Wispa tracked him up a very quiet lane to Carrbrook. Looks as if he is mostly around a secluded house with several outhouses. He is very close to Kathryn the local Doglost co-ord who you met, so it is over to her now as she knows most folk in Carrbrook.

Well thats Xmas over with a bump - had to take Nog to the emergency vet again as he was very distressed this morning, yelping in pain, unwilling to lie down at all wanting to just lean against me and put his full weight on me, shaking so badly his teeth were chattering and panting and drooling so obviously very uncomfortable. I gave him Tramadol at 9am but by 10am he was still the same so we were at the vets by 10:20 we were unsure if it was his leg or tummy as he was so tucked up but he was walking on the leg so it was hard to tell. He's had a good poke prod and manipulate and is guarding his tummy so vet thinks its gastric again. I had stopped his antacids as he'd only supposed to have been taking them for a short while but Vet thinks now he should probably stay on them, I've also decided to stop his Previcox for good although his blood were clear I'm not convinced that they aren't causing this - Vet said even if they aren't the cause they certainly won't be helping as they are hard on the stomach so agrees with me to swap Nog to Tramadol permanently. He's had a big dose of ant acid now so if it is his tummy hopefully he'll start to feel a little less uncomfortable soon.

Mil & Sal have gone home so its just the 3 of us, Robs got a horrendous cold starting so he's feeling sorry for himself as well so it should be a quiet day now staying indoors.

I hope everyone had uneventful Christmases...sorry about Nog, Snow, hopefully he'll soon be feeling better.

Owl, it's a proven fact as you well know that carers who don't take time for themselves end up burning out, you can't and don't need to do 24/7 as your sister is there, and the time to yourself will have recharged your batteries. Glad to hear your mum enjoyed her birthday, sorry she's gone downhill after it though. My daughter's father in law is in his eighties, very frail and keeps falling and hurting himself. He'd got very confused and didn't recognise anyone but his two sons until they took him off some tablets he'd been given and miraculously he's back to his old self, knows everyone and what's going on (balance will never be right though.) It does make you wonder how much harm the meds given to older people actually do.

Daughter and her husband stayed the night here, went back home to West Handley this morning en route to Meadowhell and she phoned to say they'd had to backtrack, the lane to their place has a large fir tree across it! Luckily there is another round, or they'd have been stuck.