UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

Good luck today Merledogs

had a message of my aunty last night to see if i was going to the family get together as her son Tom was saying he had never met me..... or even seen a photo of me which is true, i would love to meet the little fella but can't be ar*ed with my dads family so i have said i would love to meet him in the new year if he would like to meet me, he seems quite a nice little lad very thoughtful and he thinks i am great as i know a bit about animals and other stuff bless him, think he might be a bit disappointed when he meets me Lol

Alex sorry you had a pants day at work yesterday although it must have been good to be proved right and get an apology from that man :)

I think Murtle has hit the nail on the head regarding Owl's neighbour having other issues. Owl are you going to apply for retrospective planning permission? Although the neighbour can - and no doubt will - object she will have to furnish the planning dept. with a reasonable objection that is recognised in planning law. I think your reasons for wanting the pod would gain you a sympathetic hearing. The planning department could grant limited permission i.e with the proviso that the pod be removed after a certain time in a bid to appease any objectors. Just food for thought anyway.

I am helping the DW in the shop this afternoon. It's an atrocious day weather-wise which is never good for business :(

I think Bo is sulking..he's shut himself in his little house and piled his bedding up behind him, so when (if!) he emerges I'll try to get some pics.

Owl, you are a better person than I am..in your shoes, having being as reasonable as possible and getting the response you have from your neighbour, I'm afraid I'd just tell her that I didnt intend to live my life by her rules or for her benefit, and she's a strange "good friend" if she doesn't even bother to pop next door to see your mother for three years! She sounds a neurotic type who doesn't want things to change in any way, for any reason. Hope you get it sorted to YOUR satisfaction and not hers.

• Like 1

Its nuts isn't it Suzeanna :rolleyes:

Well I have had a nice afternoon in the shop. I was almost my biggest customer :laughingsmiley: Although a lady did come in to buy some Booja Booja chocs and managed to outspend me. I did manage to kack the till up during one sale but I was keeping a running total in my head (hang-over of my shop years back in the 70's!) so managed to ask for the correct amount and get the till open to give change. The customer was very sympathetic and understanding. I also think I may have got myself hooked on something called "Snack Tea" which makes a very nice herbal cuppa.

Oh and in a reversal of roles I took our DW's dog, Sadie, out for her this morning :laughingsmiley:

Sorry you had another trying day at work again Alex. I hope you've got your feet up now.

How's Dakota today Griff?

I forgot to say that Archie put up 3 roe deer on our walk this morning. He stopped chasing them and came back to me as soon as I called him :) The deer, which crossed the track about 10 feet in front of me, stopped running after they got a couple of hundred yards away and just watched us. With it being the first time I'd had Sadie out I had kept her on her lead which was lucky as apparently she would have gone after them and probably not have come back for hours.

• Like 1

Yes, hamsters are nocturnal so Bo's behaviour is quite normal.

I am still waiting for builder to get in touch and cost up moving the pod. Then will consider options and discuss with neighbours. It may be that pod closer to house would be better - especially in weather like this.

I have never seen a roe deer, only munjac. Good boy Archie for coming back when called.

Today I took a springer to his forever home. He had been waiting for 6 months as he needed an experienced child-free home. This one is so right for him, and he is besotted with his new mum and dad. It was very moving.

• Like 4

are the munjacks the ones with the small antlers? we have some round here. a few dogs have been killed by them or badly hurt

ive been up an hour coughing. this cold has gone but left the cough, so have had 2 coffees, wiped the kitchen down, and played candy. have you got the owl game? good isnt it?