UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Normal Niggles

merledogs

Lovely to read what everyone is up to.

Hope you get a lie in griff and Jayne and that you can get stickering Yntan so that they can collect your work and deliver more tomorrow.

Hope nog is feeling better. Add me to the list of very excited Owl cabin people!! I clicked the link you posted and it still looks amazing :-)

Rex, stupid dog breeding woman, I hope pup is ok and you can sort him out.

Jazz, hope you are keeping well. You don't need space you can just uhm....yeah you need some space!

I am currently in the Kruger national park and this is the best internet reception we have had since being in South Africa! We have had an amazing few days so far including seeing a couple of leopard, one at night and one during the day eating his impala for lunch. We have also seen so many elephants including some tiny babies which is fab as I love ellies. We saw a mommy and her baby last night whilst out on a night drive and it was amazing to see the mommy protect her baby by moving him backwards with her trunk, putting herself between him and us and then literally disappearing from sight. She had been on the side of the road and within seconds she was gone!

Seems quite odd as we have had 39degree heat and ben's mom in France has 6inches of snow and snow tyres!

Looking forward to SS :-)

Edited by murtle
  • Like 1

Sounds wonderful, murtle.

I have had absolutely no response to any of my calls to the cabin construction man, which is a problem as we have a dry week coming up. Going to have a word with the log cabin firm to see if they know anything.

Mum had a chest infection and a water infection. Doctor came & prescribed ABs, water bug now gone but chest infection still there. And I seem to have caught it and can't take ABs so am having to treat it with alternatives and rest.

Edited by owl

Just trying to catch up! Wow! Big hugs for all the hurty peoples and the lots of you who are worried about your special friends Diagnosing and treating tummy stuff is so difficult ult. Ben had a stomach ulcer a few weeks ago. He wasn't off his food but his stools were showing a GI bleed. Took him off previcox, substituted tramadol for his joint problems and regular antacids. Worked a treat and he's back on the previcox. He's due a new prescription soon (I buy the previcox on line) so I guess a blood test or two will be in order.

Owl, you must be very excited, I know I would be. DB, with help from my son, just floored our summer house, and I'm quite excited.

Winter seems to be bringing out a crop of medical problems for Fugees. Hope you all feel lots better really soon and get positive results for tests , scans and stuff.

I guess I'd better get up (OF COURSE I'm still in bed, it's bliddy cold out there) I'm expecting sign-for post! Anyway, Ben is lying by the bed snoring his head off so sleep isn't really an option :)

not being the quickest squirrel in the world I have finally figured out the reason why the temperature never seems to reach over 45 degrees here is that my digital thermometer only goes up to 45 degrees ! lord knows how hot it really is here some days :unsure:

I am a happy little green squirrel today as I have finished an assignment for an online course I am doing via the Humane Society University with a day to spare , not bad given how busy my week was and I also had horrific writers block.

I also opened a new special NGO bank account for Dogstar that means Sri Lankan's can now donate for the first time and also opened a personal bank account for me as well. My new bank manager gave me a cup of coffee , a pen , a bottle opener and a baseball cap and said I am not to think of him as a bank manager but as a friend and his bank want to sponsor some of Dogstar's work in 2014

Tonight I am going out to the capital for a free dinner at a fancy pants hotel which I won in a balloon dancing competition last month at the Sri Lankan WI

Don't let anyone tell you my life is any thing but dull and boring............................

• Like 2

Moaning :tired:

What a lovely bank Sam :flowers:

Been to the vet with Garfy. He has two large tumours - one in his stomach and one which the vet thinks is attached to his kidney. They are both growing very quickly so he's had a month long injection of steroids which should make him feel better (although there is a slight risk that because of where the tumours are it may make him feel worse). I decided to take the chance but even with the steroids he has probably less than two months :( He'll be the third animal I've lost this year :mecry:

Oh Alex :GroupHug:

My old friend and neighbour, Dorothy, moved to Bracknell in August to be near her niece. She came to see me the day before she left to let me know that she was having heart problems. In fact her heart was only functioning at 20% but with the right treatment and medication this could be improved to as much 80%. She was moving right in the middle of them finding the right balance of medication which meant there was to be a delay until she could register with a new GP, get in to see them and be passed onto a hospital consultant. My final words to her were "let me know as soon as you are able how you are and how things are going". I got her new address but she didn't have her phone number sorted.

Anyway since she moved I haven't heard from her and I couldn't phone her. I sent a card asking her to contact me but with no response. I have been thinking that the worst had happened and she wasn't with us anymore. Then the phone rang this morning and it was Dorothy! She sounded weak and not at all herself. She isn't doing well, she hasn't met anyone to make friends with, her neighbourhood isn't very nice, she can't get out much and to top it all off she lost her Wheaten Terrier, Cara, to cancer a couple of weeks ago. Cara was 10 and was a puppy with Archie, they were great mates. Her remaining dog, Mica, is a very elderly Staffie cross and she is just bereft without Cara. She refuses to come out of the study and just lies in Cara's bed all day. She wobbles out to the garden for wee's and stuff but that's it. Dorothy is very worried about her.

I don't suppose we have anyone living either in Bracknell or near to Bracknell that could suggest something or some local organisation that would help a lonely lady in her 80's?

Moaning :tired:

What a lovely bank Sam :flowers:

Been to the vet with Garfy. He has two large tumours - one in his stomach and one which the vet thinks is attached to his kidney. They are both growing very quickly so he's had a month long injection of steroids which should make him feel better (although there is a slight risk that because of where the tumours are it may make him feel worse). I decided to take the chance but even with the steroids he has probably less than two months :( He'll be the third animal I've lost this year :mecry:

so sorry to read your news Alex , enjoy the time you have left xx

My old friend and neighbour, Dorothy, moved to Bracknell in August to be near her niece. She came to see me the day before she left to let me know that she was having heart problems. In fact her heart was only functioning at 20% but with the right treatment and medication this could be improved to as much 80%. She was moving right in the middle of them finding the right balance of medication which meant there was to be a delay until she could register with a new GP, get in to see them and be passed onto a hospital consultant. My final words to her were "let me know as soon as you are able how you are and how things are going". I got her new address but she didn't have her phone number sorted.

Anyway since she moved I haven't heard from her and I couldn't phone her. I sent a card asking her to contact me but with no response. I have been thinking that the worst had happened and she wasn't with us anymore. Then the phone rang this morning and it was Dorothy! She sounded weak and not at all herself. She isn't doing well, she hasn't met anyone to make friends with, her neighbourhood isn't very nice, she can't get out much and to top it all off she lost her Wheaten Terrier, Cara, to cancer a couple of weeks ago. Cara was 10 and was a puppy with Archie, they were great mates. Her remaining dog, Mica, is a very elderly Staffie cross and she is just bereft without Cara. She refuses to come out of the study and just lies in Cara's bed all day. She wobbles out to the garden for wee's and stuff but that's it. Dorothy is very worried about her.

I don't suppose we have anyone living either in Bracknell or near to Bracknell that could suggest something or some local organisation that would help a lonely lady in her 80's?

I remember meeting Dorothy and Cara when we came to visit you many moons ago

could the Cinnamon Trust help ? http://www.cinnamon.org.uk

Alex, i am so sorry to hear about Garfy

Yantan, you could get her to try age concern..... i looked at thos for my mums mate, i think if the person can't get out then they maybe send a volunteer to visit (but not sure)

Owl, hope you manage to get hold of the construction guy

HLGS, have a fab time tonight

i have left diez with the cardiologist.... it was the nice one not the tw*t i saw before, he was really thorough with her and was friendly with her, considering she doesn't like men he did quite well with her. they are giving her an echo, then if that shows nothing they are scanning her tummy, and then they may fit a holter monitor to her to record the faint, he has explained to me how to check her gums, if she is pink she is fine, white she isn't getting enough oxygen and blue means her heart has stopped pumping (think thats what he said) i won't get her back until after lunch so i am trying to keep busy

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/health-wellbeing/relationships-and-family/befriending-services-combating-loneliness/

Alex :GroupHug: So sorry to hear about Garfy. I hope you manage to spoil him rotten and spend lots of time together.

Yantan - I live in Bracknell. I'll ask around for suggestions - my mum might know more as she's been looking into some help for my Nanna recently. Do you know what area of Bracknell she's in?

I hope Diez's day at the cardiologist goes well :flowers:

im so sorry

well, ive made a hard decision. when trudy has her op to fix her leg on monday, if they cant ill tell them to not wake her up.

her back legs are no good, so she has no quality of life. I have to think of her. so shes being thoroughly spoilt between now and then

diez is in having surgery, her heart was o.k but she has a 4cm tumour on her spleen, they can't tell if it's benign but if i left it it would rupture and she would bleed to death so i have given permission to operate and if she goes at least it is peaceful and fighting.

Jazz, i have done exactly the same thing today and whilst hard it is the right thing to do, i do hope she is fixable

Owl, glad to hear your man will be able to get started soon