UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Normal Niggles

merledogs

Hello Mommy Bear. So nice to see you here again :) How are you doing?

I've just received a lovely parcel of Christmas cards and a stunning calender from Kerry Greyhounds :)

I am laughing at this months thread title. Alex when have us lot ever been "normal"? :worried_anim: :laugh:

I am waiting for the van to come and pick this week's work up and leave next week's. Should I make a start on it today and give myself a head start or should I have the day off? Mmmmmm, decisions, decisions.

• Like 1

Morning.

I took Zooey to the vet this morning before heading in to work. They were running late as one of the vets had been called out by the RSPCA to help a dog that had been hit by a train :( Zooey checked out all right - he was coughing and vomitting last week but thats mostly cleared up. He did manage to cough in front of the vet, who reckons it sounds asmathic rather than heart related, which is possibly a good thing. We're monitoring him for now.

Morse and Buzz are coming to visit this evening :) Mum and Dad are both out and we don't want Morse on his own if there are fireworks going off, so both the boys are coming home with me after work and my dad will pick them up on his way home from Heathrow later.

Oh my God.... Just been to have my eyebrows waxed (I get them done every 3 weeks). Since my last visit, I have started a new acne cream. It has done wonders for my spots, but also meant that when she waxed my brows, my skin came off :unsure: The therapist really panicked and smothered me in sudocrem. I then had to go back to work :unsure: :mellow: I don't even have acne on my eyebrows, but have been using it all over my face. I think I will just stick to using it where I get the spots in future. I look like a right wally.

I need some reassurance - I'm having a rotten day, got a dreadful cold complete with nice rosy red fever cheeks, waited all morning for my tesco deliver before discovering I'd made a mistake and ordered it for tomorrow :confused02: raided the freezer and found 2 chicken breasts that had been in there for probably over 6 months but figured they'd probably be ok .... bunged them into the slow cooker with some tinned and frozen veg, 2 chicken stock pot things and then last min added a can of heinz cream of chicken soup .... fast forward 5 hours, I go to see how its doing and the sodding soup has curdled, it just looks like a big pot of sick :confused02: the curds are too fine to strain and too light to skim off - have tried both. I'm sure it will taste ok but it looks yucky - does anyone know how I might rescue it? Otherwise Nogs going to be eating chicken casserole for a month.

I need some reassurance - I'm having a rotten day, got a dreadful cold complete with nice rosy red fever cheeks, waited all morning for my tesco deliver before discovering I'd made a mistake and ordered it for tomorrow :confused02: raided the freezer and found 2 chicken breasts that had been in there for probably over 6 months but figured they'd probably be ok .... bunged them into the slow cooker with some tinned and frozen veg, 2 chicken stock pot things and then last min added a can of heinz cream of chicken soup .... fast forward 5 hours, I go to see how its doing and the sodding soup has curdled, it just looks like a big pot of sick :confused02: the curds are too fine to strain and too light to skim off - have tried both. I'm sure it will taste ok but it looks yucky - does anyone know how I might rescue it? Otherwise Nogs going to be eating chicken casserole for a month.

Have you got a blender or a liquidiser, that might work.