UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Normal Niggles

merledogs

Are you having the (hot!?) tub as well?

Er ... no. Although it would amuse the neighbours, I don't fancy a hot tub, I don't even like baths and always shower.

Insulation sheets arrived today and are mostly blocking the passage between garage and house. Construction crew will be here "bright and early". Not quite sure what that means but intend to be ready for their arrival from 7 onwards. So early night tonight.

Alex doesn't it make you wonder about the unfairness of life. Especially when you think of all the horrible, cruel and sadistic people put there that get to go on their merry way :(

Georgina and Owl thank you for your encouraging words.

Oh just think Owl could have a completed pod by this time tomorrow or at least be well on the way to completion. Fingers crossed and positive thoughts coming your way Owl.

Nog seems more interested in his dry food this evening - probably because it smells of the strange male staffy Rob found wandering around in the traffic and brought home this evening. Lovely dog, bless his heart he was clearly worried but so docile and friendly, and we even got some wags off him in the end. Clearly some ones much loved dog, had an expensive leather collar on but no id tags, well mannered and knew sit and paw and took treats ever so gently. Unfortunately we couldn't hang on to him here as he was entire and Nog doesn't like entire males very much so rang the warden - who'd gone home for the night, then rang the kennels for our area but got unobtainable rang the council who arranged with Cardiff dogs home to take and hold him tonight but only if we could get him there ourselves as they couldn't collect. Thankfully he was used to cars and only took a bit of encouragement to hop into the back and settled down straight away. I've put him up on dog lost so hopefully he will be reunited with his owners soon - I'm sure someone out there is missing him.

Nog helped himself to his dry food and scoffed down a load of dry mixed with sardines so *fingers crossed* he's perking up.

• Like 2

Oh just think Owl could have a completed pod by this time tomorrow or at least be well on the way to completion. Fingers crossed and positive thoughts coming your way Owl.

Fate intervened, but in a good way. Construction man still hadn't arrived by 10, so I called him. He had broken down at Watford and was awaiting RAC. I said that heavy showers were forecast here for most of tomorrow followed by a wet evening, and unless he could be sure of getting it finished today he might be better to postpone. He said he had no idea that it would be wet tomorrow (obviously had only checked his local weather, not Worksop weather) and although the pod would only take a day, it needed 48 hrs dry weather for the shingles to set. So if he hadn't broken down he could have had a wasted journey and wasted effort, and might have had to redo the roof!

Sorry, got that inside Yantan's quote somehow.

Well done with the staffy, snow. Hope his people claim him.

It's better to postpone and get it done properly as you say Owl.

It's a beautiful day here - brilliant blue skies and the sun is out. We had a frost overnight but the sun is taking care of that.

Archie had an uncomfortable night due to the acid reflux. I will be glad to get him started on his medication and I will be going down to pick up the missing part very shortly. I hope it's arrived!

Snow are you around? I was just wondering how Nog was today.

Archie is out on a walk with Cara and Eve and when they come back little Evie is staying for a couple of hours or so to let her mum get on with putting the shop together. Normally daddy looks after Evie on a Monday and Tuesday but he has gone to see his parents and its no bother for me to have the little one. (I might not be saying that a few hours from now!)

Hope Archie and Nog are feeling better :flowers:

It is a beautiful day here today, but it is freezing - just been to post a letter and was so glad to get back home in the warmth :)

Just a reminder that it is the last day for Secret Santa tomorrow if anyone else wants to take part :)

Hope Archie and nog are both feeling 100% soon

Jazz, hope your wrist is o.k

it has been quite warm here, a bit fresh on occasion but a very nice day, had to go and have my blood taken.... the woman proper hurt me (me who lies there having her ribs tattooed without a grumble!) will no doubt have a huge bruise. got hozzy tomorrow dead early so will have to drag myself out of my toastie bed early on..... i have just nearly pee'd myself laughing though, i was on amazon looking at ski masks (don't ask) and some of the reviews are hilarious... they are obviously made up but utterly brilliant

ive had my heart scan. its not normal but its beating lol

got the monitor on tomorrow morning for 24 hours

what else ermmmm

got carpal tunnel coming in my good hand. other hand I hurt yesterday is making it fun holding things

trudys leg is still broken. got to go to the vet college on monday for another op

love to all. I am thinking of you all xxx

Snow are you around? I was just wondering how Nog was today.

Archie is out on a walk with Cara and Eve and when they come back little Evie is staying for a couple of hours or so to let her mum get on with putting the shop together. Normally daddy looks after Evie on a Monday and Tuesday but he has gone to see his parents and its no bother for me to have the little one. (I might not be saying that a few hours from now!)

Nog is being Nog .... he has now decided he WILL help himself to his dry food when HE feels like it but only if theres nothing at all else he might be able to scrounge *eye roll* he ate the dry with sardines yesterday then I heard him go out to the kitchen for his supper and could hear the crunching from my bed lol This is his normal habit, last thing before bed he gets himself a snack so I was pleased with that however, today hes got a runny bum again though hes back eating dry food without me needing to remind him to eat something. He's still on tramadol and I havent switched back to the previcox yet so we shall see - no vomiting and no grass eating but he is still on zitac 3x a day.

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Yes it does Marion :(

Positive thoughts for poorly animals and peeps :GroupHug: Speaking of which I've done my shoulder in and have a cough/cold so feeling a bit poorly.

Hope the build goes well owl :flowers:

Garfy's at the vets on Friday - he's lost lots of weight, being sick and eating sporadically.

I hope you feel better soon Alex :flowers: I'm sending positive thoughts for you and Garfy.

Well Evie was a good girl yesterday but boy was I knackered by the time her mum came to collect her. I got a batch of work delivered in the middle of watching Eve so I have to get on with that today.

Ruby and I are going to see Gravity in 3D tonight. We've heard the special effects are really good. I've booked seats and ordered the glasses :)

Well I must go and get on!

:GroupHug: for all the poorly people and animals - it seems to be a bit of a tough time for fugees and their pets.

Nothing much going on here. I'm back at work after being off sick most of Monday and working from home yesterday. It feels like it should be Thursday today, but the computer assures me it is still only Wednesday!

Enjoy the film Yantan :flowers: