UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Normal Niggles

merledogs

does anyone have any experience of ventricular bigeminy in dogs please? this is what was found with diez's ecg and i would just like to understand a bit more about it before i see the cardiologist with her on friday, i have looked at google but heck that is confusing!

had some possible good news this morning, i went to see my ENT fella and he is sending me to see another fella... he seems to think that there could be a chance i could get my hearing back, he thinks my bones in my ear have fused and he suspects if i get them loosened off under surgery it could restore my hearing... i need to check things with regards my other issues but it will be mad to be able to hear after 3 years!

Hope that can be done, griff, would be marvellous.

My sister came yesterday and took me out for supper, and gave me a lovely owl pendant for my birthday, then today she got my laptop, netbook and tablet all working wireless. So I have been watching iPlayer on laptop all cosy in bed.

• Like 1

Snow, Nog hasn't been to any of the local beaches has he? we're having rancid fat washed up that's making dogs poorly

No he hasn't Lou - we knew about the horrible fat stuff and warned mil not to take Sal over Ogmore for a while just in case but Nogs only been to the rugby club and back.

Trying to figure out why when I am only contracted for 8 hours a week I have already had an afternoon in the office yesterday, did some adminy type stuff at home, am about to go out to give a talk to a group this morning and still have a full day training course to go to tomorrow .... gee I sure can pack a lot into 8 hours :confused02:

I've walked Archie and managed a reasonably decent one for him. Once I have finished my late breakfast/early lunch I am going to get my head down and get some work done so it's ready to go back tomorrow.

Gravity was fabulous due to the 3D effects. The last time I saw 3D was back in 1982 when they released a 3D version of Jaws. It was crap. I only found out later that I may not have been able to see the 3D effects due to having astigmatism - Jayne might tell me if that's right or not? Anyway I had no trouble seeing the film in 3D last night and I loved it. I almost ducked at one point but kept telling myself "it's just an optical illusion that space debris is NOT going to hit you".

I hope you feel better soon Alex :flowers:

Happy belated birthday Owl

Yantan, glad you enjoyed the film

Snow, wow.... your 8 hours sound like a good few days to me!

Merledogs, hope you feel better soon

this getting up early in the morning is taking it's toll on me, have to be up dead early again tomorrow to get diez to the cardiologist and you can guarantee as i don't need to be up early on saturday i will be woken up...... probably my next door neighbour who will decide to cut his grass at 7.30 am again

Astigmatism doesn't usually affect your ability to see things in 3D. The 3D effect is created by 2 slightly separate images that are then fused together by your eyes by using polarising lenses (or red green lenses). People who have a lazy eye or squint won't be able to see in 3D, as it relies on both eyes having an equal level of corrected vision and working together to see - as opposed to a squint, where the brain switches the squinting eye off so you don't get double vision :)

Have been to Tesco this morning. I wrote a list to take, then promptly left it on the coffee table in the front room. I got to Tesco and it's in the middle of a massive refit, so everything has moved. It took me ages to find everything I needed, so I was amazed when I got home and checked my list and I had got everything on it :laugh:

Hope you get a lie in Griff - I could have a lie in this morning, but the bloody window cleaners arrived to do my windows at 9am :rolleyes:

Thanks for the explanation Jayne :flowers: I found that very interesting.

It's good from time to time to give the ole memory something to do like remember a shopping list. Well done!

Griff I hope you do get a lie-in on Saturday. You need to tell your neighbour that the last grass cut before the onset of winter should be made at the end of October.

I was charging along with my work and then I ran out of labels :rolleyes: I can only stack stuff so high as I have both limited room on the table plus the product is very shiny and slippery and falls over. I'm going to ask Ruby to bring me some more stickers and hopefully I can get finished by doing some after tea tonight and possibly, if I get up early enough, I'll also have time in the morning to do some, especially if I ask the chap who delivers and picks the work up to leave me until last. It is annoying though as otherwise I could have been finished by late afternoon today.

edited coz I forgot to put Griff's name in. Eejit!

Edited by Yantan
  • Like 1

:laugh: I was amazed I remembered everything :)

Am now cooking leek and potato soup and a beef stew - can definitely tell the weather is getting colder now I am making winter warmer foods - my kitchen smells really leeky and garlicky though :rolleyes:

Hope you get your work finished :flowers: