UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts All Talking

Jazz

some people! we love you sam xx

well done with all them rosettes. where do you keep them all at home?

im in my jamas today.done too much and my stomachs playing up.

im doing a survey for a washing liquid. it smells lovely and I want the colour for my bedroom lol

• Like 1

Sam, the woman sounds a nightmare, hope you feel a bit better today and as the others have said we all think you are ace!

Jazz, you could take the washing up liquid to homebase / b&q and get them to colour match it Lol

today has been horrible for me..... as you all now know i finally got the balls to ask the fella out i fancied, well i hadn't seen him for a week so on my aunties advice i asked after him with one of the other drivers i know.... he is sure the fella is married and he isn't on the new starter rota anymore which is why i've not seen him. i feel like i have had the p*ss taken out of me and am really upset about it, he said he was going to ask me out anyway.... why would you do that to somebody?

Sam, the woman sounds a nightmare, hope you feel a bit better today and as the others have said we all think you are ace!

Jazz, you could take the washing up liquid to homebase / b&q and get them to colour match it Lol

today has been horrible for me..... as you all now know i finally got the balls to ask the fella out i fancied, well i hadn't seen him for a week so on my aunties advice i asked after him with one of the other drivers i know.... he is sure the fella is married and he isn't on the new starter rota anymore which is why i've not seen him. i feel like i have had the p*ss taken out of me and am really upset about it, he said he was going to ask me out anyway.... why would you do that to somebody?

People can be so damn unfeeling sometimes and you certainly deserve better , the only positive I can think of is at least its better to find out now he is married ( still bloody hurtful of course )

hopefully he will get infected piles and sore legs at the same time , shifty bleedin git

• Like 1

:GroupHug: :grouphug: Griff. As Sam said, better to find out now that he is married, than think he is available, lose your heart to him, then him to tell you he is married :flowers: Did he have a ring on? Being a singleton, that is the first thing I always check - I know blokes don't always wear a wedding ring, but it's always worth checking :wink:

As you guys keep telling me, Mr Right is out there somewhere for you Griff, but at the moment he is probably someone else's Mr Wrong :flowers:

Had an interesting day at work today. One of my patients came in with a painful red eye, that had been troubling him intermittently for 5 years. The pressure test with the air puff wouldn't register on that eye, so I had a prod of the eye and it was absolutely rock hard (as opposed to slightly squishy :) ). I tested his pressure using another method and it was actually off the scale :unsure: Normal pressure is between 10 and 20, the scale on my machine went up to 52. Anyway, the poor bloke ended up being sent to eye casualty to spend his Sunday afternoon there :(

Lol! Saturday - damn autocorrect. Was typing whilst cooking :rolleyes: I have never had a patient with pressures as high as his - it was a textbook closed angle glaucoma - first one in 7 years. Seeing patients like him though reassure me I haven't forgotten everything I learned at uni. As soon as he sat down and I looked at his eye whilst he was talking to me, I knew what it was :)

thanks, i have seen my pal again and he is going to have a word to find out which one it is Lol. i have had to undergo a great deal of ribbing but he is going to help, thinks it is hilarious that i am pining for him, Jayne...no ring i did look and when i asked him out he said he was going to ask me anyway?.... Murtle, he is on a different route altogether now and there are loads and loads of different routes.... lets just hope that fred had the wrong lad and he can track him down for me! and i am a bit embarrassed to admit this but i had actually fallen for him...(didn't even know his name), i felt so upset earlier but i will dust myself off and i am done with men! i have made myself ill chasing him round, made myself skint too Lol

Jayne, that poor man was very lucky you picked up on his eye problem...better to spend some time in eye casualty than go blind. you might be able to help me actually, my dad when he reads a paper goes on the computer gets a pain in his left eye, it is that bad he has to shut his eye... he wears off the shelf reading glasses and i have tried to tell him to get an eye test (he did used to go but doesn't like the air puffer test)

Sanrosscot, that is a beautiful photo...very well behaved dogs!

Hope you get some good news Griff :flowers: Your dad's left eye probably has more of a prescription in it than the right eye, so by using the off the shelf magnifying glasses, he will be causing excess strain on his eyes, which is why his eyes are aching. With regards to the air puff test, that measures the pressure of the eye, which is what my man today had problems with him. With mardy patients who refuse the air puff test, I always give them the lecture of "would you rather have a few seconds of discomfort once every 2 years whilst we check the pressure of the eye is ok, or would you rather go blind and require lots of hospital visits every year". I leave the decision up to them, but they usually go for the pressure test in the end (whilst making a big drama of it, whilst I am fighting with myself not to yell FFS Man up!!).

Jayne it shows how important eye tests are , a friend of mine went for a standard check up with no prior issues and ended up in hospital because the optician found a detached retina ! she had surgery within 48 hours and spent the next 2 weeks keeping her head down for 45 minutes in every hour

not sure who was more shocked her or the optician as neither was expecting that !