UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

good grief Gooster! what a pallaver!

my courier has been so it means i can stop looking out the window every time a door shuts Lol, Yantan, it is the paint i ordered from asda so will have a little look at it later and report back on my findings!

• Like 1

Social services computer system crashed so they can't find out which social worker is responsible for my mum. I only have her first name, and there are several with that name.They referred the case back to the hospital as they know more about recent events. Hospital social worker is now trying to sort out the confusion re mum's care. He says there is no way he has to clear things as she is self-funding. The agency say that as the original contract was set up with mum herself via the council and social services, a social worker from social services does have to clear her to go home. Hospital social worker is going to try and sort out what on earth is going on. Red tape aargh!

How is your work going Alex?

It's going okay thanks murtle - hellishly busy and lots of pressure from the Exec on various projects but I can only do what I can do. Thanks for asking :flowers:

owl - they are an absolute joke :mad:

Hope Archibald is enjoying his very long walk :wub:

The weirdest thing happened today :unsure: I was just pulling out of work when all of a sudden my car veered off in the opposite direction and took me another (longer) way home which went past Bents garden centre. Then my car just pulled in of its own accord and next thing I know I'm being drawn by some invisible force into the garden centre, which also collected a trolley which must have been magnetic as it was being pulled along with me :crying: Then, EVEN STRANGER, when I got out into the planty bit, two Rhododendrons got dragged into my shopping trolley by the same invisible force! :ohmy: I'm all shaky now from the shock! :crying_anim02:

• Like 5

My car drags me to garden centres as well but I rarely buy anything. I just like hanging out there, and if they have fishes to watch and decent coffee so much the better. At least it is an improvement on being addicted to 2nd hand furniture shops, which I always find relaxing places. People think you are weird if you go to those to unwind, but chilling out in a garden centre is more socially acceptable.

Edited by owl
  • Like 1

Thank dawg Alex spoke out about these strange forces which exert pressure on innocent people otherwise going about their lives in an orderly fashion as I find these strange magnetic forces pull me into bookshops. The books jump off the shelf into my hands and my head is propelled forward until my nose gets thrust between the pages and I am forced to smell that new book smell. Yak!

Archie got home around 8.30ish. He'd refused all the tasty treats I'd supplied for his bait but did deign to partake of a Linda McCartney sossidge. He'd had a luffley day out and visited a number of places where walks and paddling in the beck took place. On arriving home he decided after all that he wanted the treats in his bait box so I don't think he is very serious about turning vegetarian.

• Like 2

Blimey Alex, my car does that with horse supply shops. When I changed cars last year, my new one had the same fault :laugh:

Glad Archie had a good day :)

Hope you manage to get your mum sorted Owl :flowers:

Had a busy day today followed by a lovely meal out in Marple :) On the way home I saw Mr G walking out of the chippy :laugh: Am so going to take the piss out of him next time I see him, he's always scoffing chocolate as well - what kind of personal trainer scoffs chippy and chocolate? :laugh: Maybe he has my approach to fitness, eat whatever the hell you want so long as you work it off :wink:

• Like 1

Moaning - I'm at a mental health conference all day today in Newport not looking forward to negotiating the heavy traffic in and out of Cardiff & Newport at peak times but the conference hopefully will be good.

Sounds interesting Snow.

Chips are a great food!!

What a great walk for Archie.

Good luck with the social workers today Owl.

Indon't want to go to work, but this is slightly better as I can natter all day with guys I used to work with now they have merged the two companies!!

xxx

We had a lovely weekend...good run down to Lancing, no road works on M1, and only one bit of slow traffic on the M25..must be some sort of record. We got there in just under four hours, possibly helped by the fact that our new car really flies. I realised I was doing 90 at one point, somewhat to my dismay, and it didn't feel that fast at all. The sun shone on Saturday afternoon so we all had a stroll along the sea front at Worthing, and went out for a meal in the evening. Aidan (my grandson) cried when we said we had to go home on Sunday afternoon, but we've promised he can come here in August for his dad's birthday. That child looks angelic but boy does he have a temper! I thought my daughter was bad when she was little, but he's worse, clenched fists, red in the face and absolutely defiant when his dad told him to go to his bedroom because he'd been throwing his toys around. He starts school in September, I think he'll be in for a nasty shock if he tries it on there :unsure: . My OH had Monday and yesterday off as it was his birthday yesterday and we had a chinese takeaway last night which seems to have been a mistake, as he spent a lot of the night awake with awful stomach pains and throwing up. :mad: He's stayed off work today and has managed to get back to sleep, with his faithful hound slumbering happily next to him!

Sorry you've falled foul of the system yet again regarding your mum's care, Owl. Why do they have to make everything so complicated? Hope it soon gets sorted out and the correct person can be contacted.

Glad you had a good weekend Suzeanna and an uneventful drive there and back :)

I hope the traffic isn't too bad for your drive into Cardiff Snow and that you enjoy the conference.

We are back to a grey and overcast sky after the sunshine of yesterday.

Have you all seen the lady who thought she'd lost her dog in the Oklahoma tornado:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEA53IMSh9s

• Like 1

Snow, hope you have a clear run to cardiff

Gooster, nowt wrong with chips!!!!

Suzeanna, glad you had a good weekend and hope your OH is soon better

Owl, hope you can get social services to sort themselves out

Right Yantan, i have opened the paint and it has been used.... i personally wouldn't use it outside, it seems a little thicker (not much) than emulsion and i just needed it to refresh the paintwork which is already white (well grubby white Lol) some places the dirty marks were showing through so required 2 coats. i had aslo made an error, i used up the end of some paint we already had, then continued on with the new paint.... note to self check colours before you begin.... one is pure brilliant white and the other brilliant white, my personal preference is the pure brilliant white which is from wilko's and it has a 10 year guarantee against uv damage and protects against mould.... not sure how that compares price wise to what you usually buy or how much you would require but you can order online so you don't need to leave home!

http://www.wilko.com/masonry-paint/wilko-masonry-paint-fine-texture-brilliant-white-5ltr/invt/2309540?VBMST=masonry%20paint

i am waiting for the glazier to come... i have no idea if they are actually coming or not, the dogs went nuts yesterday and i went to the door and there was a lad from the window company re-measuring the window, turns out they had made the unit and he refused to accept it as he didn't think it was right... turns out the measurements were wrong!! so now i have to wait and see if they come or not

Edited by griff