UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

I was on the tab before so was unable to add any :wub: :wub: beside Jed's name so they are here now.

Buddyboy you sound just like me. You have all sorts of stuff but never know where to lay your hands on it when you need it.

Sheila I think had it not been for the support of doggy friends I would have taken Georgie's death much harder. It DOES make a difference to know that there are people around who really get what it is like to loose a beloved pet.

We always seem to get noise, like lawnmowers and other related stuff, starting up in the early evening, just when I have settled down to watch the news or a favourite TV show :rolleyes: Saturday morning's can be bad with people vacating holiday homes.

Whizzie enjoy your break at Wagtails :flowers:

Archie gets a tangly twist at breakfast time after he comes in from doing his first wee and another when he comes back from his walk. He's figured out that going out and coming back in seems to get him a treat so now he thinks that he should get one every time he goes out and comes back in. The result is that he asks to go out LOTS and then runs to the dining room where he can point to the treat cupboard in the kitchen as much as to say "get me a tangly twist someone out of that there cupboard". He doesn't actually go into the kitchen as he's frightened of it. He was OK in the old kitchen but he's just never got to grips with how there is a new and bigger kitchen there now and has decided it's too scary to venture into. Honestly he is a plank at times :wub_anim:

Jed is lovely. Hope your arm heals very quickly. Unfortunately Fergus used to be bomb proof around dogs but thanks to Scoobs is now very unpredictable

Silly Archie but not daft where the treats are concerned

Murtle belated Happy Birthday. Hope you had a lovely day. Sorry the OU event turned out to be rubbish

Keep thinking of you Houndwoman.

Having a thorough clear out and clean up of utility room as kitchen is moving into there today. Once done that have to have a final clean of kitchen. Martyn's got the tiles off the walls and some from the floor. Can't say I'm relishing the thought of the next few days but it's got to be done.

Having a thorough clear out and clean up of utility room as kitchen is moving into there today. Once done that have to have a final clean of kitchen. Martyn's got the tiles off the walls and some from the floor. Can't say I'm relishing the thought of the next few days but it's got to be done.

Michelle it will all be worth it when it's done :flowers:

Jacobean, the prep is a pain but when you stand back and it is done it is a absolutely wonderful feeling

Buddyboy, hope your arm settles down soon and i hope it doesn't turn nasty.

my dad took me out today, i wanted some masonry paint and as it is for both porches on the inside not too fussed about it so asda do it for £8 for 5 litres.... get to out local asda...non in store,went to homebase and they wanted £23!!!! not bloody likely, ordered with asda online, will be here tuesday and i got 2 pillows and including delivery less than homebase wanted for a pot of paint

the review for the magnolia wasn't very good but the review for the white got 5 stars..... i guess it depends on if you would risk losing the £8 on the chance it wasn't any good.... i never knew they did paint and stuff until i was looking for some cloths for the car and there was the paint next to it! they had harris emulsion paint pad sets for £3 and usually even for wilko own brand i have to pay £6 so i grabbed 2 Lol, got a new soft bristle wide brush and a cheap set of brushes as they are handy to keep in

I have just bought a duvet cover set as my sister gave me some debenhams vouchers for my birthday. She will not be happy it wasn't spent on clothes, but they didn't have men's jumpers so that was ruled out. Though she probably wouldn't have been thrilled about that either!

Hopefully OH will like it! It's Egyptian cotton and white...what's not to like :-)

Houndwoman, I think it helps to be around like minded people and if they happen to be in a computer so be it.

Hope your arm isn't too painful today buddy's it. Witch Hazel is the other one like arnica that will help being bruises out, if you have that and know where it is!!

xxx

hello all , sorry not been around the last few days as we are running a spay neuter program and one of our team members ended up in hospital with a trapped nerve so I am rather lacking in sleep with journeys too and fro to the hospital before and after work

Private hospitals hers have unlimited visiting hours so I was at the hospital at 6.30 am today before our clinic started

Hows every one

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

I bought some masonry paint in Aldi recently (in Magnolia) for £6.99. Not sure if they've still got in or whether they will be getting it back in again but worth keeping an eye out :flowers:

I have almost finishing taking the pergola down. Just one metal pole left right in the corner, which is where the very thick Wisteria stem is attached. Used my new reciprocating saw on the other three poles and the job wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be (you know when you keep putting a job off because you think it's going to be a bugger to do?). The whole corner looks so much lighter and I can start planting up the back border with the new Acer and other stuff.

• Like 1

Oh poor you Sam, hope your volunteer is soon on the road to recovery, also hope the spay and neuter program goes well

Merledogs, i think that paint was on offer the week before last wasn't it?? i was going to get some of the white from there but my chauffeur was on his holidays Lol. glad the saw seemed up to the job and i hope you manage to get the last bit out easily

glorious sunshine here, dogs have been walked and we had a nice time.... been looking on homeless hounds again and there is a 16 week staff x in the pound, she looks lovely with naughty spots on her ears but i would be terrified she would grow too big.

Hi HLGS :cool03:

Don't worry about Wispa, Houndwoman. The scuffle did not put a dent in either Wispa's attitude or the other dog's stupidity. It was the humans who were shaken up. I don't think she gave him a second thought afterwards, as she was hot on the trail of Pepper the beagle who was not far ahead of us.

Lovely warm day today. Lots of people out and about, but we still managed to find a nice quiet walk with a stream to splash in.

Edited by owl