UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

I'm sitting here quietly fuming we have mil staying with us tonight as she dog sat for us to go out for a meal for our anniversary, she made several very pointed remarks about how happy and settled Sal is with us and how Sal thinks that this is now her home, to which Rob replied that she'd settle back in at her own home when she goes back to mum, mil quickly changed the subject and ignored him. Later on she said something else about Sal so Rob asked if she was missing her, mil said yes she had "at first but was now getting used to not having her" so Rob said well don't get too used to it as she'll be going home with you once you are all sorted, mil then made a very non comittal sound and said "perhaps" so Rob said very clearly that Sal was her dog and she is only with us temporarily until mum is back on her feet and she said "well I don't know when that will be - it'll probably be a long time" then decided she was going to bed. Sal is NOT our dog, everyone in the family has just assumed because we have a dog that we'll be the ones to take Sal on and assumes we'll keep her open endedly. Not one person has even bothered to ask us if thats OK with us, or if having Sal here is a problem.

I'm really cross, theres no way I would see Sal have to be rehomed outside the family, but at the same time shes not an ideal fit for us and I am growing more resentful by the day that no one has even bothered to offer to have Sal with them even for a few days so we can go see Nick & Vicky or just have a bit of a break from her.

Thanks Michelle :flowers: It is so hard, with Toska we knew when his back legs went that it was time to let him go, you could see it in his eyes that he had had enough. With Shara, she is still eating and going to hydro and playing with her ball. She has always been a lazy moo, so the fact her back legs aren't working well doesn't tend to worry her too much. We just have to leave her with a bowl of water within reach and a tennis ball to play with and she seems quite content - it's just at night when she seems to be uncomfortable and moaning :unsure: We have a sling that we use to get her upstairs and outside, but she is still really wobbly :(

morning all

even the birds are stillasleep!

ruddy trudy! needs up, then im too awake to go back to bed

while they are not saying anything, they dont have to do anything for sal. try saying its someone elses turn and when are you taking her?

Moaning :tired:

TFIF. I have two supplier meetings today, one at 9am and one at 2pm. In between I have another project which I must get finished today. Oh and I think I have the beginnings of a flare up of my diverticulitis. Deep joy.

Snow, can you put her in kennels if you want to go to visit family, and ask ma in law for the money before hand? Or is Sal not the kind of dog who would settle in kennels even for a couple of days?

Gooster, did you see Paul O Grady last night? A british bulldog on there has dreadful problems with a cyst on his spine which will render his back legs useless but until then, he's having a happy life. If Shara is happy, then be happy for her and don't cross your bridges until you come to them. Trust me, you will know when the time is right as I've found from experience.

Typical, I've got a hospital appointment this morning, two bus journeys to get there, and I've got a ruddy upset stomach! Just hope I can hang on ok.

I am fuming mad at Tesco who have just made a delivery. I requested a small piece of cheese @ £1.41 from the loose cheese counter and the bit they sent is double that - £2.84. Why didn't they just cut it to suit? I have sent off a complaint.

Does anyone want the 10p off a litre of Tesco fuel voucher?

The nearest Tesco filling station is more than a 50 mile round trip for me and just not worth making a trip to use it. It's valid until 09/06/13. I have a supply of free stamps so it won't cost we owt to post it to someone :)

edited to say Tesco have responded by phone with an apology and are refunding me £1.45. The guy I spoke to was really nice and totally sympathetic. He's also going to suggest some minor operational changes to try and avoid this sort of thing in the future :)

Edited by Yantan
  • Like 1

I'm afraid I'm an atheist Jazz, but I will certainly try to send good vibrations in your direction. (If I got on my knees, I doubt I'd get up again in a hurry!)

Managed to get to the hospital with my dignity intact, and to my amazement was only five minutes late being called in for my appointment. Unheard of! It's usually at least an hour to wait if not more. My platelets have gone down but only by 2...so if they haven't gone down any more the next time I go they'll have to put my dosage up. I wish they'd all agree on things though, the doc I saw said it's ok to take dispersable aspirin on every other day and I mustn't take them the same day as I've taken Ibuprofen. I mentioned this to the oncology registrar whilst she was checking my scrip prior to going to the pharmacy and she said no, you must take the aspirin every day, and it won't hurt to take it at on the same day as you've taken Ibuprofen. Arghh! :confused: If I suddenly drop dead, you can blame Rebecca the oncology registrar!

do you know what suzeanna..... ask a pharmacist!!!!! chances are they will be able to give you the right info.

Jazz..... a bit late but good luck!!!!

Snow.... i think it is wrong for them just to assume that you would take Sal on, it is wrong for them to assume that A you want another dog and B you can afford another dog

Gooster, sorry to hear about Shara but i am in the camp that if they are eating and still happy then leave them be. Diez is 12, she was born with twisted legs at the back, when she was a pup they thought she would need her hips breaking and resetting, thankfully she managed to build up muscle and get a better gait, as she has aged the muscles have gone and her dodgy gait is back which must look awful to other people.... she has her little pootle every day and is pain free although she can be a little stiff, we had considered wheels for her but this is not an option as she has elbow displaysia too so whilst she is happy and the vet is happy with her i will leave her carry on... the thing that has kept her going is Trocoxil... what a wonder for her that has been

Things aren't looking good for Wiccaweys:

A spokesman for the RSPCA said: “The RSPCA has removed around 30 dogs from a location in Wellingborough because of concerns for their welfare.

http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/news/crime/crime-news/rspca-removes-dogs-from-rescue-centre-1-5074066

"The Telegraph contacted Wiccaweys, but the owners declined the opportunity to comment." I wonder why? Or perhaps they have had legal advice and been told not to comment?

This makes me wonder about all the other rescues out there and just how do we know who the hell to trust :( Who really knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Things aren't looking good for Wiccaweys:

A spokesman for the RSPCA said: “The RSPCA has removed around 30 dogs from a location in Wellingborough because of concerns for their welfare.

http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/news/crime/crime-news/rspca-removes-dogs-from-rescue-centre-1-5074066

"The Telegraph contacted Wiccaweys, but the owners declined the opportunity to comment." I wonder why? Or perhaps they have had legal advice and been told not to comment?

This makes me wonder about all the other rescues out there and just how do we know who the hell to trust :( Who really knows what goes on behind closed doors.

I suppose the answer to the last bit of your post is to either volunteer yourself, or if that's impossible, try to get friendly with someone who does, so you can get facts from the horse's mouth. When we first took our dogs to the kennels we use, we were shown round beforehand, but when you take the dogs in they don't let you go round to the kennels with them. Apparently it's less upsetting for the dogs that way, but suspicious minds might wonder what you aren't being allowed to see. I hasten to add, I'm more than happy with them, our two are raring to go the minute we get them out of the car and happy to see the kennel staff, but I have read of a cattery where clients were shown a lovely chalet...only to find their cats were cooped up in a dark dingy shed once they were out of sight. Nothing is certain in this world, except death and taxes, as they say!

**rant alert!!*

what a pile of crap!

no I cant swap, no there are no bungalows to bid on, so have a 1 bed flat in a small block. that or pay the bedroom tax in september, and you should be grateful you got it for that long

so what now? cant go higher than him.

I dont want a flat. all the noise from them, they will complain when I go out and the dogs bark

so ill wait it out I suppose, in a half empty house that doesnt feel like home any more

Jazz, get back onto your MP, tell them exactly what has gone on and see if they can do anything at all, tell them you are incredibly stressed and your health is suffering... you have been more than co-operative with the council