UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Sheila you take care of yourself missus :GroupHug:

Is the tv series, Game of Thrones like the first 2 episodes all the way through? Neither Ruby or I were impressed with those. It just seems to be a lot of bare breasts and bottoms and doggy style sex. I can see a story in there somewhere but if it doesn't move on and get going we might as well give up now.

Loo is the book along these lines too?

Jayne you don't need to bother about anyone in the pub as you are going to meet your husband to be on the plane to Mexico so just have patience :laugh:

Whizzie it takes a great deal of strength to stand up and tell it like it is when so many others are around to try and shoot you down in flames :GroupHug: I've come to the painful realisation that people who I held in high esteem are not the people I thought they were :( and that makes me so sad.

I have watched the first 2 game of thrones episodes as well and got a bit bored :unsure: Everyone says it really takes off from episode 5, but tbh I am not sure if I can be bothered :laugh: :rolleyes:

When I do meet my husband on the flight to Mexico, this is where we are going next year - it's a couples resort, so I need a bloke to go with :laugh:

http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/caribbean/dominican-republic/dominican-republic-samana/cayo-levantado/hotels/luxury-bahia-principe-cayo-levantado-don-pablo-collection.html

Moaning. Just realised I forgot to post this morning :rolleyes:

I walked my boys :wub: then went to Costco for a couple of planters and then to B&Q where I got soaked in the outside bit whilst loading another 11 bags of compost onto my trolley. I now have all the planters I need for my plants, so when it's dry enough I can finish potting them and then concentrate on giving the garden a general tidy up and once that's done I will tackle the borders (I'm having a move around of plants plus planting a couple of new Acers).

FA Cup final today. It's a shame that we are playing Wigan because I would love to support them in their first ever cup final, but as a City fan for the past 37 years I shall of course be cheering my boys on :wub:

RMConfession : I have for the past couple of weekends bought a packet of fags. I really must not let myself get dragged into the filthy habit I gave up in 2004 :( This will be the last packet I buy. I am going to make myself donate the equivalent to charity today and next time I feel the urge I shall donate the money instead. That'll teach me :rolleyes:

Jayne that looks lovely - oh that sea! He may be an accommodating chap your husband-to-be but I wouldn't tell him of your next holiday plans right off the bat. Wait until you are off the plane at least :laughingsmiley:

OK I might try to watch up to episode 5 of this first series of Game of Thrones but it doesn't pick up by then it's getting the boot!

I am convinced that contrary to what Alex tells us she really lives in a house and garden like this:

Newby%20Hall.jpg

That's a good idea to make a donation instead of buying fags Alex. In any case you don't want to be smelling all stinky.

Whizzie I'm sorry you are feeling rubbish today. You put the welfare of dogs first and didn't bow to pressure to back down. I know what it's like to be a part of a rescue organisation and see things you don't want to see and hoped you never would. It's particularly hard when you become friends with the people who start getting it wrong. How do you tell them? If you find a way will they listen to you, take note and start taking action? Or do they alienate you, start treating you badly and make you feel unwelcome. When you try to warn other supporters they don't want to know. I've been through all of that so you have my sympathies :GroupHug:

I can't believe it's raining and cold here again today, I have had to get a fleecy jumper out after I thought I'd safely mothballed my winter collection until the end of this year :rolleyes:

I wish Marion :laugh: Once I have redone all my borders then I'll take some pics of the actual garden rather than just the shrubs in planters :flowers: I do kind of regret removing all the mature plants which were there previously, even though I didn't particularly like them, because they did at least give me some nice greenery.

Ouch Houndwoman, that sounds very painful! You were lucky not to break your nose by the sound of it.

Snow, I've given up trying to stop our cav Rosie barking at things..pigeons in the garden (most birds, but especially pigeons), anything out of place, like a watering can that blew over in the wind..planes..ants burping...and especially anyone with a dog walking past the front of the house. I've never had such a noisy ruddy dog in my life and I've tried everything to shut her up short of a gag, so you have my sympathy.

My daughter has a chocolate cosmos in her garden, that smells very chocolatey.

Our rhodies are coming out well, one at the end is a very pale yellow, almost cream, and a bright scarlet one nearer the house have both gots lots of buds but two others seem to be all leaf and no bud. The philadelphus (2 of) are both leafing up well and our cherry trees are full of blossom that the wind and rain are trying to wreck!

Yeah thats exactly it Suzeanna, its alert barking which is why its so hard to stop her, I've had dogs that barked before but with Sal its overdrive barking she barks even if someone or something even thinks about coming within a mile of the house. Nog on the other hand barks so rarely that if he barks I know somethings up, he just ignores her barking completely, so I would have hoped she'd have picked up on him being totally chilled out and uninterested and learned that she doesn't need to tell me that she heard something, but nope. I've tried teaching her to speak in the hopes that I can then teach a stop command, but shes almost ocd about it, a bit like Sheldon from big bang theory with his knock knock knock Penny thing, its as if theres a set amount of barks she must do and nothing whatsoever will stop her from barking that number. I've taught her "look at me" and if shes close by when she starts I will tell her "look at me" and hold up 1 finger as a stop" command in the hopes of interrupting the pattern, all that does is get her looking at me, the instant I take my eyes off her or drop my finger she carrys on with barking - and we're talking even if I hold the eye contact for 5 mins solid so that the noise is long long gone. You name it and I've tried it - nothing has worked.

No I haven't Sam, primarily because this isn't a fear or anxiety thing, as I said she does this at home with mil as well and mil has partially encouraged it which is why I'm having such a problem undoing 10 years of Sal being reinforced that her barking is acceptable. The ideal solution is to try and get her to follow a stop command that way when she does go back to mil she will still have a dog that alerts her which is what she apparently wants but who will shut up when shes told. Nothing I've read about the DAP's suggest that they are suitable for alert barking, if they ARE effective for that then I'll get one tomorrow lol

No I haven't Sam, primarily because this isn't a fear or anxiety thing, as I said she does this at home with mil as well and mil has partially encouraged it which is why I'm having such a problem undoing 10 years of Sal being reinforced that her barking is acceptable. The ideal solution is to try and get her to follow a stop command that way when she does go back to mil she will still have a dog that alerts her which is what she apparently wants but who will shut up when shes told. Nothing I've read about the DAP's suggest that they are suitable for alert barking, if they ARE effective for that then I'll get one tomorrow lol

Have you tried the 'thank you' method.

http://companionanimalsolutions.com/blogs/control-your-dogs-barking/

10 years of practice will take time to eradicate