UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Sorry, not keeping up. Sending best wishes to all with problems.

Owl -"chronic" as a medical condition means slowly developing I think as opposed to "acute". Sorry if this is obvious - I used to think chronic meant "bad" as that's how we tend to use the word in general.
I am a very fed up bunny. Dad is not good at all - I think he is depressed since the doctor told him his cough will never get better. He seems to have given up.
Elsewhere there seems to be an ever growing web of spin, lies, arrogance and deceit that, in my opinion, beggars belief. I wish there were more good & less bad people in this world. And also more good people able to offer suitable homes to all the unloved dogs everywhere. I have just seen 2 pictures on my newsfeed that have really upset me :(

I realised that chronic meant long term as opposed to acute, but we had no clue as to how bad it was or whether it would become acute, and it was given as a reason for withholding resuscitation so I thought it was more serious.

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Wanted a quiet day but a beagle only 4 months old is lost in Clumber Park. Our colleagues Jenny and Tiga have been tracking since 4 am and have asked us to take a turn.

is a heart attack classed as heart disease?

ok ... how many things do you have in a chest freezer before it becomes silly to have it on? im organising the fridge freezer and trying to turn off the chest freezer. just a few things that wont fit

Whizzie I long since came to the knowledge that not everything is as it is seems in the rescue world and that opinions vary on what is good/bad/acceptable/unacceptable. As in all aspects of life people only see what they want to see. Keep your chin up and follow your conscience. I'm sorry to hear about your dad :GroupHug:

I hope the little beagle is caught soon. 4 months is very young for a dog to be out there trying to survive on its wits. Good luck Owl and Wispa.

Jayne I am so sorry to hear things aren't good with Shara :GroupHug:

Hoping it is okay to promote this on here. It is a petition about puppy farming & selling puppies without their mothers present that is aiming to get 100,000 signatures to force a parliamentary debate. It is promoted by Marc the Vet (Oldies Club Patron) & the PupAid organisation. Nearly 10% of the way there in just a few days. Perhaps folk on here would consider signing

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/49528

Edited by Whizzie

Hoping it is okay to promote this on here. It is a petition about puppy farming & selling puppies without their mothers present that is aiming to get 100,000 signatures to force a parliamentary debate. It is promoted by Marc the Vet (Oldies Club Patron) & the PupAid organisation. Nearly 10% of the way there in just a few days. Perhaps folk on here would consider signing

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/49528

Signed :)

Evening

Weather has changed so much in the space of a couple of days. Wind and lashing down with rain.

Sheila take care of yourself and hope the bruising goes down quickly

Sam welcome back home to Sri L. Glad you had a fab holiday. Hope you have a bumper income for Dogstar.

Don't know who Shara is but Scoobs went off his back legs months before he finally did. We put him on Denes Greenleaf tablets and it got him going again. We have used these harnesses on him and have found them a godsend. You can get them for hind or front legs. http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product_group.asp?dept_id=112&pg_id=296

It really depends on the individual animal when to give in and call it a day. Scoobs is no longer using his back legs at all but is still living life to the full and has made it perfectly plain since the first noticeable evidence of problems he didn't want to go anywhere thank you very much. When it is time to let Shara go you will know. Thinking of you and hoping for all the very best

Jazz so pleased to hear you are being refunded and hope they get their act together.

So sorry Whizzie. So difficult to deal with.

beagle pup led us all a merry dance but is now safely home. Posting from mobile as went straight to mums. Wispa is asleep, tired out. Even Tiga the tractor beagle got worn out. My feet hate me and would like to be rehomed to someone normal. And that pesky pup who had been on the run for 3 days was bouncing about ready to do it all again.

• Like 3