UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Amy you (and your mum and Louie) are stars as you ALWAYS get the stand sorted in the Wales area for Oldies Club - regardless of whether it anyone is helping the thing we all notice is that you 3 WILL be there come rain or shine.

Well done Amy and not forgetting your mum and one of my most favourite dogs, Louie :wub: :flowers: :flowers:

Yes, I slept this afternoon. Car should not be too bad to fix, most fuel pumps are easy to replace. Just a question of sourcing one but my mechanic knows about the secret Subaru farm up in the hills and will get one from there if his usual supplier doesn't have one in stock. Haven't heard back from him this afternoon. Tried to call but know sometimes the phone does not get answered if all staff are under cars or have head in engines.

Mum did fine last night, she is pretty good at present and we should be ok for a few nights. I do have to get her to opthalmologist appt late tomorrow afternoon which means getting to Worksop, getting taxi to get us to and from hospital, and getting myself home after buses to my village have finished. Unless my car is ready by early afternoon, which is possible. Sometimes I get total silence from my garage then they ring and say car is ready now!

Remembering lovely George xx

Thank you Owl. I hope you get the car back in time to get mum to her appointment.

I've just had an email from Monkey World letting me know Tesco made the delivery today as arranged with all items present and the fresh fruit is in perfect condition :) I also now know that I have somewhere to send all my odd socks as the monkeys like to receive food and treats hidden inside socks.

Hope the car gets sorted quickly Owl..nothing worse than being without wheels when you need to get to places.

I had a couple of blood tests last Wednesday, rang this afternoon for the results...umm. Thyroid is fine apparently but she wants to see me asap regarding the one to do with my kidney function, and I have to go for a fasting blood glucose test next week. Nothing to eat or drink after 6pm Wednesday and the blood test isn't until 9.40 Thursday, my stomach will be thinking my throat has been cut! Of course, I'm now imagining all sorts of things wrong with my kidneys, and probable diabetes too....! :confused: :D Oh well, it makes a change from my usual ailments I suppose. Just to put the cap on it, Tesco forgot my vodka when they delivered the shopping. I'm not a big drinker, but I do like a vodka and bitter lemon whilst I'm watching NCIS..hopefully there's enough in the bottle for tonight, to calm my nerves if nothing else.

Edited by suzeanna

Evening. Just closed my work laptop and finished my last call. Another stressful day. Really pissed off with it all. No support and a senior person who clearly thinks I'm a moron. Been awake since 3.30 too. Off to bed now so hopefully I can get some sleep cos I've got a busy day again tomorrow. Seriously thinking of moving on but dunno how easy that would be.

Suzeanna, good luck at the docs and good luck with the glucose test.... shame about your vodka not being delivered

Owl, hope your garage gets you sorted ASAP.

Merledogs sorry to hear your job is going a bit pants.... there is no harm in looking round for something else...hope you manage to get a decent nights kip

Yantan, i am sure you have mad the monkeys very happy

Thanks Marion & Georgina :blush02: We do it enjoy it when we are there - well if its busy the dead quiet ones arent much fun but the stall do take alot of preparation before hand which is time consuming. We do have people that come and help us out at some of our events. Always grateful to Elaine & Ron who have helped the last few years with Bowood & Caerphilly Big Cheese especially. I have to admit I have cut down on the number of shows and distance we go nowadays as its rather tiring.

Lots of good thougths for Ted :GroupHug:

Sorry people are being moronic in work Alex :GroupHug:

Fingers crossed nothing serious for you Suzeanna

I went to see another house. Although nice and nothing particularly wrong with it, it just didnt have the right feel. I think the small livingroom/diner may have been one of the key factors in this as I have quite a large family.

Alex why not start putting feelers out for other jobs if this one is causing you to be unhappy. You can then take your time to research and get a feel for whether you'd do better at another place when you have an interview. Even when offered you don't have to take a job from fear of having no income coming in :GroupHug:

Amy I hope your new home reveals itself soon. It will be out there waiting for you :)

It looks like the day is going to be a bit nicer than than the previous few we've had.

I got a call from our builders. They are going to start a week on Monday digging up the concrete floor in the sitting room and re-laying it, replacing the ceiling and tanking the walls in the hope that it finally stops the damp coming through. It's going to be oh so fun - not!

Gooster, thinking of you today and hope Ted flies through his op and is soon home demanding cuddles

Lil Angel, i know exactly what you mean about places not feeling right..... i have lived in several places but when i got my last place i walked through the front door and it just felt like home

Yantan..... oooooo sounds like you will be having an exciting time in a few weeks then, hope your tea making skills are up to scratch.

i am a bit annoyed, as you know we are looking to adopt a staffy pup, we have been looking for a few months now and it is great that there aren't many in rescue but i am a bit fed up when a site tells you to enter your email address to enquire and you never get a response, i have sent yet another email requesting info (they specifically state questions will be answered via email) and still nothing, i am not very good on the phone.... will have to try and get my mum to call Lol