UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Alliteration

merledogs

Jayne book a flight to Australia - that's how a friend of mine met her husband. She didn't have a boyfriend before the age of 28 when a much older man asked her out and she said yes just because he'd asked. It ended up not being a very good relationship and she got dumped after he re-connected with his ex-wife at their son's wedding :rolleyes_anim:

Fed up and alone in her early 30's she decided to pack everything in and go and have an extended stay in Oz with her sister who lived there. Not long after take-off she turned round to ask the passenger sitting behind her to please stop knocking the back of her seat. He apologised profusely and explained it wasn't deliberate but due to his height. He'd tried to get a seat in her row as it was next to an emergency exit and gave a little more leg room but hadn't succeeded. On hearing this the lady sitting beside my pal offered to swap with him as he had a window seat which she had really wanted. He accepted and by the time they landed in Oz they had swapped mobile phone numbers and addresses and had a firm date for later in the week. A year later, on the anniversary of their first meeting, they got married and a year after that they had a baby :)

So there you go - now go book that flight!

Although I have to say that the American guy I met on a flight was really creepy and ended up stalking me in London. So it doesn't always work! :rolleyes_anim:

Murtle I hope you soon feel better :GroupHug:

Alex I luffs that photo :wub_anim: :wub_anim:

I just went to drill some holes in my new planters ready for potting up. When I turned round I noticed that there was a very strange plant which had seeded itself in one of my pots. Anyone know what it is? :eh:

P1010508_zps20e34689.jpg

Could it be a dog rose? Or a dogwood? Perhaps a dog daisy?

Whatever it's gorjuss :wub: :wub:

Ha ha. I don't think you've got enough planters there Alex. Lovely pics

Marion you do make me chuckle

Hope Murtle & Sam can get some stuff from chemist and feel better quickly

I've had my hair chopped off. Which is funny in a way cos I'm about to grow it and have it like a choppy scruffy bob thing. One side was very short over the ear while the other was longer so she's left the latter alone to start evening it out. I'm going red again tomorrow.

Collie flower love it ! :)

Jayne talk to the girls at your gym , girls have brothers , girls have boyfriends with mates etc , you just want to expand your social circle and see where that takes you.

Jacobean , would love to see a piccies of your red hair :)

Yantan love the plane story :) I meet Mark outside a pasty shop introduced by a mutual friend so love often strikes when your not looking for it !

Love your Collie-Flower Alex :laugh:

I may be making a step towards officially being a grown-up :ph34r: Ive been looking at houses for a while and Ive seen a few but Ive actually found one I really liked and have booked a second viewing. Its top of my budget but it needs nothing doing to it having recently been renovated.

Edited by lil_angel
  • Like 2

How exciting about the house Amy, hope it works out!

Jayne, would the gym be interested in running some social events do you think? Might bring in some more members for them. You could even volunteer to run something yourself - a quiz or a fund raiser for a favourite charity. Selling raffle tickets to every person at an event is a good way to have just a few words with each of them!

Just spotted the collie flower! Fabulous :)

what sized property are you looking at, and how much are they there? so dear here now

did I tell you im having an inspection on tuesday for a move?

head of housing is having a meeting with everyone on tuesday, so wonder what they will offer me?

lots of praying needed please xxxx

im not excited at all

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: