UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

One thing I would mention before you make up your mind Jazz...some while back I was chatting to the boss at our local garage and saying didn't know what we'd get when our Micra gave up and he said well don't get a VW, it's an hours labour to change the headlight bulbs, they are a nightmare to work on.

So glad James is home and Owl's family are on the mend.

Dylan got moderately spoilt for his gotcha day, lots of chicken and things so he's a happy boy!

• Like 1

Evening - I've had a busy weekend, and haven't kept up, but glad to hear the owl family is doing a bit better, and that James is improving.

I spent today at a local agility show - it was Kia's first competition. On the whole she did very well - lots of zoomies, and she only actually did one jump in one of her runs, but the other two had decent bits. She was jumping a height higher than she does at training, so I was really pleased. And it didn't hit me til I was on my way home that the person who had the mis-fortune of queuing next to me and a very noisy Logan, and who had dogs called Glen and Molly was probably sanrossscot from here. So if I'm correct, then it was nice to meet you, and I hope you're migraine is better.

Yes it was me!! Didn't realise it was you either!!! Migraine thankfully passed quickly but I did spend a while sitting in the sand with the poor lady who broke her leg.

Glen got a clear in s/c but did norty things in his other runs and Molly got 1st in s/c 1, 4th in TFO and did sillieness in the other classes.

• Like 1

will someone please explain to my dogs that they are meant to be wild vicious beasts and that some chicken keepers feel dogs and chickens should never be left together ............ which means when the conservatory door is accidentally left open and an errant chicken wanders in they should NOT meekly stand back and watch while she helps herself to their food (especially when it is chicken based - that is cannibalism!)

• Like 4

evening all

Alex thank you so much for raising enough money from your sofa sale to sterilise 2 dogs ! you are a star :)

Had an early start today with an 8am gym appointment and then we meet Marks brother and family for lunch , I am off to bed now to watch Homeland

tomorrow the big clear out continues...............

Memories of those pesky ducks has made me laugh!

and the cheating parents !

• Like 1

Old sofa has been removed. Had no joy with freecycle/preloved, so had to call a local removals bloke to remove it. He is taking it to the tip :( There was nothing wrong with it, apart from it being really chintzy and not to my taste, seems such a shame that it has gone to the tip, but with my new one arriving tomorrow, had ran out of options :(

On a positive note, new sofa is arriving between 8am and 12pm tomorrow, so at least I can get the sofa and then have the rest of the day sitting on it :biggrin:

My old sofa is still here. They are picking it up tomorrow evening. I hope they do take it when they see it.

My old sofa is cut up and outside waiting to be taken away. It was the only way we could move it. Couldn't recycle it to a furniture scheme as they couldn't pick it up and we had nowhere to store it either. :sneeze:

Dogs don't like the new one and haven't been up for cuddles and if I could bring the old one back in I would as I am so upset. :sneeze:

Glad they have found a possible reason for your aunt being so poorly Owl and that your Mum is on her way home. Hopefully things will start to organise themselves so things stop breaking and calm can be restored to the owlery.

Happy new sofas, sounds like the dogs are sulking cause you got rid of their sofa. Bet as soon as your back is turned they are dancing all over it!!!

Today has started as one of those days...where nothing is plain sailing. So please can the gremlins play nicely for the rest of the day!

xxx

You'll find once the new sofa starts to smell of you (and I don't mean that the way it sounds!!) the dogs will be happy to get back on it. We got a leather sofa a couple of years back and ours wouldn't go near it until I put a throw over it which obviously had the "house scent". They still seem to prefer our older sofa but I think it's because it's lower but they jump onto the leather one with us when we are watching tv.

Buddyboy, your dogs put mine to shame...if their reaction to blackbirds etc in the garden is anything to go by, any chicken unwise enough to get close would meet a gory end! I'd love to have a few hens, we do have enough room, but Dylan seems to have a moderately high prey drive and Rosie follows his lead so I daren't risk it. Not to mention the foxes in the fields at the end of the garden...

I drove our new car yesterday, lord it's going to take some getting used to! The accelerator is very light, you barely touch it and you're flying, and the brakes are...erm..firm. I nearly put my OH through the windscreen and I didn't even think I was braking hard :confused: Good thing it's got air bags is all I can say. We spent a happy hour or so yesterday washing and waxing her, and are vowing to really look after this one.

Morning all. Thanks for making me smile - some of the posts this morning are ace :)

Archie wasn't keen on our new sofas and arm chair but we also threw throws on that smelt of "home" and he soon appropriated one of the sofa's for his own. In fact I had a friend here recently and she chose to sit on his sofa. After about 5 minutes she asked why Archie was staring at her so, as she termed it, "fiercely". I had to tell her it was because she was on his sofa and he doesn't like to share :rolleyes_anim:

I won't call our council again after reading of the troubles some of you have had to go to to get rid of unwanted furniture. Ours came to collect our old suite for the grand sum of £18. I thought it was a lot at the time but realise now what a great service it is!

Buddyboy, your dogs put mine to shame...if their reaction to blackbirds etc in the garden is anything to go by, any chicken unwise enough to get close would meet a gory end! I'd love to have a few hens, we do have enough room, but Dylan seems to have a moderately high prey drive and Rosie follows his lead so I daren't risk it. Not to mention the foxes in the fields at the end of the garden...

If we walk past a house with chickens in the garden or there is one wandering on the pavement (there are a couple of escape artists locally) they want to chase but the ones who live in the garden are considered to be part of the family.

Jed with Chicky

DSCF1360_zps67687be4.jpg

Bo with Chicky

DSCF1359_zpsaa6084ab.jpg

China coming out of the dogflap while Chicky checks on what could be raided if she got in

005.jpg

(these were all just before the new girls came when Chicky was an only hen).

Cassie is a monster and goes in to raid the nest box for a warm egg, Reg goes in and fetches out any veg that have been put in the run for the girls (they are the only 2 of the dogs who can get through the gap into the run - I set it so the Bigs could not get in simply to stop all the dirty paw prints in the house from the earth and bark chippings in there)

• Like 1