UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Hope your mum's ok Griff, and does everything the doctors tell her :flowers:

Glad the dentist went ok Sam :)

My first patient booked in after lunch arrived 20 minutes early - feel a bit guilty for keeping them waiting, but I need to have my lunch and brew before I do anything else!!

Eh??? I have no idea what this means. Has Miss Murtle had some of the Squirrel dentist drugs?

stupid typing on phone is getting worse!!

That was meant to say *friend* not *frown* now please can I have some of the Squirrel's happy drugs to give me an excuse please?!!

Jazz, how nice that people have offered to help with the bill, if the rescue come for albert again make sure they reimburse you fully.... hope he is o.k and i *think* solicitors will often give you the first 30 minutes free

glad to hear the drugs are good HLGS and your teeth came out no problem

thanks for the good wishes for my mum.... i haven't heard anything and not really wanting to ring my dads mobile.... i am not a very patient person Lol

I sat up until 1.30am as I was frightened to go to bed in case I had more nasty dreams. I left my hair tied back which was a bit uncomfortable when I laid on my back, the most comfortable position for my aches and pains but despite all I slept really well - the best in a long time. Hurrah!

Do you have something troubling you ? , its awful to gave nasty dreams :GroupHug:

my mum has just called, she has had a pain in her back for a couple of days and her breathing has got worse, after a bit of me whinging at her she has seen a dr who has sent her straight off to the emergency assessment place at the hospital as the Dr says she has decreased breath sounds on one side and he suspects she has a pulmonary embolism... she the started telling me how she would come home if they wanted her to stay in..... i have gone nuts at her and told her she will stay put because if the blood clot breaks of and moves it will go to her heart and she will be dead, i am hoping she has pluerisy or something like that

thinking positive thoughts for your Mum

:GroupHug:

Griff, hope your mum is ok.

Yantan, glad you got a decent sleep when you did lie down, and hope the bad dreams don't return.

Glad the dentist went ok Sam. I have an appointment for consultation to have my wisdom teeth out next Friday - they are a bit funny so need out at the hospital, rather than my dentist. I am very scared - I'm normally fine with most hosptially type things, but there is something about teeth I don't like.

I had this morning off work and did an agility handling workshop with Logan. I though we were going to have to leave 30 mins in when two ponies were let loose in the field next to the sand school (with only a 4ft fence in between), but luckily the ponies went off to chase the sheep in the next field and I managed to get Logan calmed down again. It was a really good workshop and I learnt lots - just need it to stay dry so I can do some practicing in the garden.

Sophie, try not to worry about the hospital extractions too much, both of mine were impacted and i had the dentist take out one but she sent me to hospital for the other.... sometimes they err on the side of caution as your roots can be quite near to the nerves.Glad you managed to get Logan calmed down for the rest of your agility session.

my mum has just called, she got seen by a dr at 3.30pm (she arrived at 12.30pm), she has had blood taken from everywhere!! her veins are pants, they are doing more tests and she is freezing! she has a fleece and a coat but everytime she puts it on they come back and want to do something else....... no idea what time they will get back home (if they let her out)

my brother is supposed to be calling later to see how my mum is, shan't hold my breath about that!.... been trying to talk to him for nearly a week now, i think because i mentioned getting another dog he has gone all funny with me..... he doesn't live here so what the heck does it matter to him??

Glad the dentist went ok Sam. I have an appointment for consultation to have my wisdom teeth out next Friday - they are a bit funny so need out at the hospital, rather than my dentist. I am very scared - I'm normally fine with most hosptially type things, but there is something about teeth I don't like.

do you know if you will need a local or general anaesthetic ? I was advised to have a local given each time mine have been removed ( all 4 are now out ) as they were not challenging to remove ( hence this mornings amazing double sub 60 second extraction ) because generals take longer to recover from but if you need more surgery they may well recommend it.

I am sure they are used to people being scared , do you have a specific thing you are scared off or is it the entire procedure ? if you tell them they may be able to help address your fears. For example today they offered me a topical gel which helps if you have a fear of the needle ( the put it on then inject ) I declined but it was great to know its an option

my top tip is to ask about what you should eat in advance. This morning I only ate a banana and I was a bit woozy afterwards and they had to tip my head back for 10 minutes before I was able to stand. It seems I should have eaten a more filling breakfast but I never thought to ask that when booking the appointment. My other top tip is to start taking pain relief when you get home before you feel any pain as its easier to keep pain free than remove it

on the day make sure you have someone with you to help you get home , I am lucky as my dentist is a 2 minute drive from my house but I still wanted Mark to drive as I was a squirrel not in full control of her nuts !

do you know if you will need a local or general anaesthetic ? I was advised to have a local given each time mine have been removed ( all 4 are now out ) as they were not challenging to remove ( hence this mornings amazing double sub 60 second extraction ) because generals take longer to recover from but if you need more surgery they may well recommend it.

I am sure they are used to people being scared , do you have a specific thing you are scared off or is it the entire procedure ? if you tell them they may be able to help address your fears. For example today they offered me a topical gel which helps if you have a fear of the needle ( the put it on then inject ) I declined but it was great to know its an option

my top tip is to ask about what you should eat in advance. This morning I only ate a banana and I was a bit woozy afterwards and they had to tip my head back for 10 minutes before I was able to stand. It seems I should have eaten a more filling breakfast but I never thought to ask that when booking the appointment. My other top tip is to start taking pain relief when you get home before you feel any pain as its easier to keep pain free than remove it

on the day make sure you have someone with you to help you get home , I am lucky as my dentist is a 2 minute drive from my house but I still wanted Mark to drive as I was a squirrel not in full control of her nuts !

The last two times I had a tooth out I took Paracetamol half an hour before going in and found that helped.