UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

do you know if you will need a local or general anaesthetic ? I was advised to have a local given each time mine have been removed ( all 4 are now out ) as they were not challenging to remove ( hence this mornings amazing double sub 60 second extraction ) because generals take longer to recover from but if you need more surgery they may well recommend it.

I am sure they are used to people being scared , do you have a specific thing you are scared off or is it the entire procedure ? if you tell them they may be able to help address your fears. For example today they offered me a topical gel which helps if you have a fear of the needle ( the put it on then inject ) I declined but it was great to know its an option

my top tip is to ask about what you should eat in advance. This morning I only ate a banana and I was a bit woozy afterwards and they had to tip my head back for 10 minutes before I was able to stand. It seems I should have eaten a more filling breakfast but I never thought to ask that when booking the appointment. My other top tip is to start taking pain relief when you get home before you feel any pain as its easier to keep pain free than remove it

on the day make sure you have someone with you to help you get home , I am lucky as my dentist is a 2 minute drive from my house but I still wanted Mark to drive as I was a squirrel not in full control of her nuts !

Thanks. I was booked to have them out about 4 years ago, under local, but got so worried about it I ended up cancelling (wimpy I know). They're still causing problems though, so this time I'll definitely go through with it, as I'm fed up of being headachy for weeks when the wisdom teeth decide to shift slightly. I'm going to ask for either general, or to have it done under sedation, as I know I'll back out again if it just under local. My sister had hers done under sedation and says it was fine and she can't remember any of it, which sounds good to me.

I'm fairly certain it's caused by my medication. I have started having strange, odd dreams since I first started taking it but nothing as bad at tuther night.

oh dear thats really hard , can you mention it to your GP ?

tramadol makes me have negative dreams

it can do that :( I have a friend who had real problems with Tramadol causing her respiratory depression.

I must take time and read back properly..but I gather Sam had teeth out? I had all my wisdom teeth out in hospital as they were impacted, I looked like a hamster for weeks!

We got our new car today..she's beautiful, but I was sad to see the other one go, we'd had her for 12 years. This is a lovely colour..Shiraz red....and is so clean and shiny I'm almost afraid to sit in her. Only snag so far is OH tried to pair his phone with the radio/cd etc system via bluetooth and despite being a compatible phone and he followed all the instructions, it won't work. Whether something just isn't gelling or there's a fault with the car's bluetooth I don't know, but I foresee a trip back to the dealer if he can't do it tomorrow.

Alas poor Murtle, mad as a march hare ;)

My dogs were not in need of any biscuits from either frown or friend. Too much of that advanced statistical analysis perhaps or wrong person perhaps!

Oh my goodness, I am loosing the plot...that would have been buddyboy... Sorry xxx

We got our new car today..she's beautiful, but I was sad to see the other one go, we'd had her for 12 years. This is a lovely colour..Shiraz red....and is so clean and shiny I'm almost afraid to sit in her. Only snag so far is OH tried to pair his phone with the radio/cd etc system via bluetooth and despite being a compatible phone and he followed all the instructions, it won't work. Whether something just isn't gelling or there's a fault with the car's bluetooth I don't know, but I foresee a trip back to the dealer if he can't do it tomorrow.

Happy new car day :)

Has anyone seen the dancing shetland pony advert? It makes me smile every time I see it :)

No , but If I had seen a dancing shetland pony today I would have thought it was an after effects of the drugs !

Oh my goodness, I am loosing the plot...that would have been buddyboy... Sorry xxx

I lost the plot years ago , if you do make it to the Ealing animal welfare fair tomorrow we can sit in the corner plotless :confused: