UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

Oh Alex I am so sorry for your loss. Know that we all here understand the pain you are feeling.

Millie will have found Max and will be keeping him in order. I hope my George is tagging on with them.

I have no emoticons as I'm not on my PC but I'm sending a big cyber hug.

Thinking of you matey.

Alex he's free from pain now and you made a hard decision selflessly - even denying yourself a few more hours where others might have hesitated and waited for morning - I know your heart is broken but right to the end your only thoughts were of Max and he loved you for that.

What snow said, I couldn't put it better.

Our thoughts are with you, and always remember that Max could not have had a better or more devoted mum.

Thanks all. The workshop went okay and at least it took my mind off things (kind of). I hadn't told anyone in work that he'd gone but they all knew from yesterday how poorly he was and were very supportive, but I couldn't talk about it to tell them because I was a wreck and I was just about holding it together. I told one colleague after the workshop that he's gone and then left. Working from home tomorrow as my new washing machine is being delivered. Kind of wish I wasn't because there is a Max-shaped space on the sofa which I keep looking at :mecry: I know it's awful of me but I don't even want to cuddle the other dogs :mecry:

Well done for getting through the workshop, and thank goodness you are in a caring work environment. Sometimes we want nothing but what is beyond our reach and that is no reflection on your other pets, in time you will want their cuddles again and they will be there for you.

I guess they will also be wondering what has happened and have their own max shaped gaps too.

Hugs xxx

Edited by murtle

Well done on getting through the workshop Alex :GroupHug: Your other dogs will be there for you and wanting to cuddle you when you are ready :GroupHug: :flowers:

Had a mega busy day at work today, however it has gone quite quickly. Just waiting for one last patient who is having a contact lens teach then I can go home :)

I am back from Strathaven, visiting Mum and Dad following their return from Australia. They seem to have had a good time but are both still quite tired.

Whilst I was up I decided to take in an agility show...just for some early season practise :ph34r:

MOLLY WON!!! :pinkie: :party: :cheer: She won the Graded agility class which now promotes both her and Glen into Grade 2. I was in bits waiting for the class to finish because she had been leading the morning agility class and just got beaten to second near the end and we were in the same position in the afternoon :toilet: Thankfully this time we stayed first, I am soo proud of my girl!!

• Like 1

Kind of wish I wasn't because there is a Max-shaped space on the sofa which I keep looking at :mecry: I know it's awful of me but I don't even want to cuddle the other dogs :mecry:

I do understand how you feel but remember that they will be grieving as well. Going back many years Em would glance out of the office window (it went to nearly floor level) but was too busy doing other things to take time to do it. For a few days after Jake died she would disappear upstairs (the office was the only room up there) and I would find her sitting staring out of the window watching the road.

The other dogs seem to be oblivious, which is a relief in some ways. Same as when Milly died, they acted no differently.

Has anyone tried Taste of the Wild dog food? I've just ordered two big bags so am hoping the boys like it. Next best thing to Orijen apparently, which I did want to try but it's hideously expensive.

Edited by merledogs